Author Topic: 2015 Limited Edition Raider Pocket Knife (See Important Updates in Initial Post)  (Read 75513 times)

kmelnik

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Nope have not heard anything as of yet.its hard getting the "Dog Sleds" up here hahahaha

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
    • Raider
    Ticket says it cleared customs, so it should be on it's way.
    jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    That should be the tag line for the entire project.  :-\  :)
    (not a mid-life crisis; just a better life :- )

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      That should be the tag line for the entire project:-\  :)

:rotfl: Although you put a LOT of time and effort into this.... GREATLY appreciated.   :thumbs: :applause:
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017, 10:57:08 AM by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1

Mine says it should be here on the 25th

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      My daughter who could not stand the smell of the oil said they are very pretty.  My son in law repackaged the rest and has put them in the USPS.  I should see them before Christmas you would think that with the 2 big time sled dog races that we have up here that cover 1000 and 1150 miles in less than a week that the mail dogs could do the same. :D :D  I guess it is that dessert heat and sand that slow them down. ;D  I expect to see them by next Saturday.
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider
      My daughter who could not stand the smell of the oil said they are very pretty.  My son in law repackaged the rest and has put them in the USPS.  I should see them before Christmas you would think that with the 2 big time sled dog races that we have up here that cover 1000 and 1150 miles in less than a week that the mail dogs could do the same. :D :D  I guess it is that dessert heat and sand that slow them down. ;D  I expect to see them by next Saturday.
      Nah. It's the fish oil. The dogs can't keep themselves from licking the knives.   ;D

And "pretty?" You can't call a Raider pocket knife "pretty" any more than you can call a Raider "pretty." That's just wrong!   :lbh:
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2017, 09:54:34 PM by 2nd Life »

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      Nah. It's the fish oil. The dogs can't keep themselves from licking the knives.   ;D

And "pretty?" You can't call a Raider pocket knife "pretty" any more than you can call a Raider "pretty." That's just wrong!   :lbh:
      Hey she is a girl.  I learned a long time ago that with so many girl cousins aunts and daughters and nieces that I have to make allowances for the girly things. ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 01:40:56 AM by SLK »
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

PC-Raider

• Roadliner

:rotfl: Although you put a LOT of time and effort into this.... GREATLY appreciated.   :thumbs: :applause:

:agree:  After more than 2 years and over 74,000 views of this thread, it's great to see 2nd Life getting the thanks he so deserves.  Mere mortals would have given up on this a long time ago!  Hey 2nd Life, have you considered writing a book?   ;) ;)

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider

:agree:  After more than 2 years and over 74,000 views of this thread, it's great to see 2nd Life getting the thanks he so deserves.  Mere mortals would have given up on this a long time ago!  Hey 2nd Life, have you considered writing a book?   ;) ;)
      Ha!  :rotfl:  This thread isn't it?  I suppose I could publish the 544 emails that went back and forth with the vendor.  :rolleyes:

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18
      So when you going to order the 2018 Limited Edition?

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider

You can place your order now. There will only be one knife, and it will cost you your tricycle.  :evillaugh:

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 18

You can place your order now. There will only be one knife, and it will cost you your tricycle.  :evillaugh:
      Not the tricycle

2nd Life

• Doin' Good
      • Raider

Ha!  :rotfl:  This thread isn't it?  I suppose I could publish the 544 emails that went back and forth with the vendor.  :rolleyes:
      You know that this thing isn't over yet, right? For example, KPHudson is hasn't received his knives. Went down like this:
      1. Packaged knives, printed out address labels, and took to the post office. They told me that I would save money if I did it on-line and used the USPS printed labels.
      2. Entered all the data for all the labels onto the USPS site. Then found out that they no longer support the class of mail indicated by the postmaster on the website.
      3. Called my wife to scream. She told me to call my daughter, who uses PayPal to do multiple shipments.  etc...
      4. Entered (almost) all the data for the labels into the PayPal site. Was called away on a phone call. Returned to find the site timed me out and tossed all the data.
      5. Screamed some more.
      6. Re-entered the data for the labels into the PayPal site, saving each one as I went, paid, printed, and attached to packages.
      *** During this step, I put the address of Bird onto the package for KPH. ***
      7. Sent out the tracking info to everyone.
      8. Received email from KPH telling me that address was wrong. Contacted Bird to let him know it was coming his way.
      9. Found the package to KPH in my mailbox two days later. You'll love this. They returned the box because I reused a box that had contained aerosol cans and had a hazmat label. They required that said box be shipped ground. I informed them that the label already specified that it was supposed to go ground. They said the label didn't matter, the box had to be shipped ground. Right.
      10. Not a problem, this gave me a chance to change the address. I gave them the box and requested the address change. No additional charge for shipment. Off it went.
      11. Checked the tracking and found out the shipment was on its way to... wait for it... Bird. I called the post office. They told me that they had changed the label, but not the database. There was nothing they could do until it arrived in Hudson, WI.
      12. The post office in Hudson did turn it around and it is currently on its way to Texas. Here is the current tracking:
      April 21, 2017, 3:11 am    Arrived at USPS   Destination Facility    SAINT PAUL, MN 55121
      Your item arrived at our SAINT PAUL, MN 55121 destination facility on April 21, 2017 at 3:11 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
      April 20, 2017, 7:02 am    Arrived at USPS Facility    DES MOINES, IA 50395
      April 19, 2017, 10:18 am    Arrived at USPS Facility    MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55443
      April 19, 2017, 4:47 am    Arrived at Post Office            HUDSON, WI 54016 
      Having lived in the Minneapolis area for many years, I can appreciate that there is a certain friendly disdain for St. Paul, but really? Shipping the mail from Minneapolis to St. Paul by way of Des Moines IA? They share a common border! You can stand in both cities at the same time.

Oye.
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 10:00:10 AM by 2nd Life »

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      Hey Jonathan, there is a Turkish gun maker that will make us some limited edition Raider pistols, are you interested in runnin wit dat?