Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Patrick Racing 120ci Dyno Results  (Read 5334 times)

CenTexRaider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Patrick Racing 120ci Dyno Results
« on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
Pre PR120 Mods: PRBAK, PCV & Autotune, V&H 2into1
97.23 HP & 116.97 Torque

With Patrick Racing 120 kit, ported heads, ported exhaust manifold, and Barons clutch plate.

104.8 HP & 122 Torque

Thats + 7.57 HP and + 5.03 Torque

These results were performed on the same dyno. The tech stated they were having problems keeping my tire on the roller. The torque was loading the front forks so far down the bike kept coming forward. He also said it was liquifying my Avon 250 so they couldn't get a great run. I'm thinking the torque number is a little low. What does everyone think?

Patrick Racing 120", Patrick Racing Ported Heads, Patrick Racing BAK, PCV w/Autotune, V&H 2into1's, Barnet Clutch, Custom Paint, Avon 250, Chilly Raider Cruise Control, Slammed, Corbin Hollywood, Blacked Out Chrome

Floridaliner

• Raider
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Racing 120ci Dyno Results
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:45:28 PM »
  :D  Tearing up thier machinery, melting your tire and bending your forks  :evillaugh:

You have the REAL stuff there.  Tony Gilly, he is on Mybikeforums with his V-8 bike, he also is one of the first to get the 120 kit, walked away from an Honest dyno run wondering whats up himself. He has run down every cruiser on the road with those numbers.   

His best story: Guy with 120hp 120trq Harley was teasing him in front of others about his numbers, told Tony that he would just blow him off the road.  They hit the road for 3 runs and Tony and his 105hp 120 kit BLEW the Harley off the road all 3 runs, he said on the last run the feller just threw his arms in the air and drove away.

What are they runnin for you SAE Uncorrected? Corrected or STD ?

If you see this big white race striped Rhinoceros comin at ya, ya might want to scooch over

Kevin Dixon

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »
Numbers seem a little disappointing honestly but I for one know that numbers mean diddly squat when it comes to what the bike will do on a track or on the street.  How does it perform on the road?  If you are not hooking up on the dyno then it will show a lower reading.  I had a motor in my Vette that was good for well over 1100 hp.  Most I could ever get to show was 930hp and that was with 2 people in the hatch, and 2 people in the seats.  It kept smoking the tire on the rollers from the shear torque....the 3.90 gearing didn't help either :D
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 2011, 07:01:29 PM by Kevin Dixon »
Insanity at it's fastest!!!  And for you hard headed Red Raiders BLACK IS FASTER!!!

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
Doesn't sound like they where able to get an accurate run. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to put ur butt dyno to the test. What do you think? Now that you are able to romp on it a little bit?

draider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
are you willing to share how much you had to shake ur tree???

I am curious how far outside my comfort zone this would take me?

It seems this is one of the only mods to make peak performance on our machine. Outside of NOS and Turbo

CenTexRaider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »
It was right around $3,000 for the big bore kit, heads, porting, and clutch installed.

I'll tell you this, I dropped it down to third gear and popped the clutch at 65 and it stepped out real bad. Scared the sh@t out of me. It pulls like a cummins!!!

I'm impressed. The highest torque number it put out that registered was 125.5, but it was only showing 122 on the last run. The air fuel ratio is flat. Its not popping either.
Patrick Racing 120", Patrick Racing Ported Heads, Patrick Racing BAK, PCV w/Autotune, V&H 2into1's, Barnet Clutch, Custom Paint, Avon 250, Chilly Raider Cruise Control, Slammed, Corbin Hollywood, Blacked Out Chrome

draider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
Thank you.

Enjoy. :cheers: :cheers:

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »
The only other member I know that had this done said the same thing ... it really pulls hard.

Congrats!

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

CenTexRaider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
It says CF: SAE Smoothing on the dyno sheet. Not sure if that answers your question.

Kevin Dixon

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
Did it effect the drivability of the bike?
Insanity at it's fastest!!!  And for you hard headed Red Raiders BLACK IS FASTER!!!

CenTexRaider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
It didn't affect drivability at all. It still idles smooth and there isn't any more vibration than stock. At idle it isn't any louder than stock, but get on it and its very loud!

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
That's.  Good to read Brother!
RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Glad to hear it. This is an eventual mod for myself as well. This and NOS.... Should be an interesting combo when you line up next to a Busa on the track. They won't know what hit em (well almost hit em, I still think I'll lose) but, hopefully I can get it down to the low 11s high 10s. That'd be cool.

Kevin Dixon

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »
Yep you will still lose :D

eric ray

« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
Just curious, after the bore job, how thin do the jugs become? Is there a overheating problem?
   Oh yea, black is faster