Author Topic: Share your exhaust thoughts with me  (Read 5705 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Share your exhaust thoughts with me
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2015, 11:53:19 am »
You can easily get a tuner and pipes for well under $1500. Get his insurance to cover replacement cost and, if it were me, I'd go with aftermarket exhaust.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Kit Sullivan

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2015, 12:21:16 pm »
    I got stock pipes with the mufflers cut off and "Reaper" tips installed in place of the mufflers. Loud and mean, sounds awesome, cheap and easy to do. I love it! basically an open exhaust behind the "cat".
    "If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

Motorider

• Raider SCL
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »
    Went today to a local dealership.  Materials and labor total $3,000 to get it back to factory exhaust.

I will contact the other guy's insurance company and see what they have to say.

I am thinking Freedom Performance Combat 2 into 1 black with black tip for an aftermarket option. 

• Advertisement

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 44
        • Real Estate & Investment Professional
      « Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »
      Wow. Thats like 1/4 the price of the bike.
      2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
      2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
      2002 V-Star Classic

CBird

• Roadliner
      « Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2015, 07:47:25 pm »
      Went today to a local dealership.  Materials and labor total $3,000 to get it back to factory exhaust.

I am thinking Freedom Performance Combat 2 into 1 black with black tip for an aftermarket option.

I am sure he would rather pay 1k over 3k. Good choice for aftermarket exhaust too.

polaris1man

• Road Star
      « Reply #20 on: Aug 31, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »
      I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the stock pipes. I'd get a couple of quotes from dealers to replace the stock pipes and get a check from the driver or insurance for that amount, then look for a new/barely used set of stock pipes. Since so many people go with aftermarket, you should be able to find a barely used stock set for a good price.

I'm with Jazzygirl, pull the baffles out though and cut the pipes down with Lazer cutting or other ideas that members have come forth with, will clean up that end area you have, touch up the scratching underneath
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2015, 08:22:07 am by dreadly »

Motorider

• Raider SCL
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Aug 31, 2015, 10:14:32 pm »
      Wow. Thats like 1/4 the price of the bike.

Yes. So keep that in mind if someone ever dumps their bike.  It could be a $3,000 mistake unless it was caused by someone else that has insurance.   8)

Motorider

• Raider SCL
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Aug 31, 2015, 10:15:40 pm »

I am sure he would rather pay 1k over 3k. Good choice for aftermarket exhaust too.

The way I see it...  He has to pay 3k no matter what!

JB™

• Warrior
      « Reply #23 on: Aug 31, 2015, 10:28:52 pm »

If you can get 3K out of a few scratches on an exhaust pipe, you need to buy some lottery tickets.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2015, 10:45:50 pm »

If you can get 3K out of a few scratches on an exhaust pipe, you need to buy some lottery tickets.

He should get the 3K, the pipe can not be returned to original condition, that being the case replacement is the only option.

Motorider

• Raider SCL
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2015, 11:02:07 pm »

There was nothing wrong with my pipes that morning before this happened so the way I see it, they should be restored to that level because of what happened.  Yes, probably a bit on the minor side as far as scratches goes, but they should be returned to their original condition prior to the accident /near miss.

NotSoNewbieAnymore

• Dallas Fort Worth
      • Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Sep 01, 2015, 07:54:59 am »

There was nothing wrong with my pipes that morning before this happened so the way I see it, they should be restored to that level because of what happened.  Yes, probably a bit on the minor side as far as scratches goes, but they should be returned to their original condition prior to the accident /near miss.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Fear is temporary, regret lasts a lifetime.

Terry

MrGood

• DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • Warrior
      « Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2015, 08:14:21 am »
      What JB says, collect from driver and go aftermarket.  Avoid Stealerships at all costs.
      Shiny side up

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #28 on: Sep 01, 2015, 08:26:22 am »

I have to agree. You can get a set of pipes here for probably the cost of shipping, so why gouge someone because of an accident. Tell them you will see how much it would cost for new set and make them pay that cost. No insurance companies needed here.

My personal pet peeve and I'm in the minority about it, but I'm ok with that.  ;D

Motorider

• Raider SCL
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2015, 08:51:18 am »

I have to agree. You can get a set of pipes here for probably the cost of shipping, so why gouge someone because of an accident. Tell them you will see how much it would cost for new set and make them pay that cost. No insurance companies needed here.

My personal pet peeve and I'm in the minority about it, but I'm ok with that.  ;D

I did.  Cost for new pipes = $3,000! 

If anyone is gouging anyone it is Yamaha!