Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 928723 times)

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #10845 on: Jun 06, 2020, 11:32:09 pm »
It's hard not to ride down the coast to Big Sur especially when you're an old retired fart...take your time is the mantra...My 2016 just ah rollin' ah long...The Big Sur River Inn is open now with a great 'Soup n Salad ...Monterey County has been under a (Shelter in Place order) since a few days...soooooooooo good to get out...I forgot how beautiful it was...PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE

I'm soooo jealous!  I did that Cali sector years ago, but did it in a rental car.  Loved it!!     :thumbs:
If my knees don't get better I'll be doing that ride in a car too...I guess there's always the bus...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
    « Reply #10846 on: Jun 07, 2020, 08:33:24 pm »
    Yesterday I took my girlfriend helmet shopping, and today I took her on her first motorcycle ride ever. The weather was beautiful with a slight chill in the air. I didn't want to overdo it on her first time out, so I went for a relaxed 2 hour loop. She said she really enjoyed it, and she's looking forward to riding some more.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
    • Road Star
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #10847 on: Jun 07, 2020, 09:26:18 pm »
    Did two moderate rural runs this past week, both times easy going on secondary roads with the wife on back.  I top off the bike each time I come home with my ethanol-free fuel and lately remembered to actually calculate what I used.  Got 44 MPG both times with two-up riding, and honestly got 50-52 MPG by myself a few months ago (without any high-speed roll-ons or hotrodding).  This was discussed last year by others, but I remain impressed at the MPGs the Beast can get if you are extra nice to her!!  I was always skeptical of its 42 MPG rating since the gas gage always seems to move fairly fast.  My guesses were always mid-thirties.   WRONG!   I've never had the nerve to take the fuel down to turning on the warning light even though I have a ways to go.  I do the same with my cars so the fuel pumps can stay nice and cool in the fuel....    LOL       :raked: 

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

• Advertisement

wfm113

• Road Star
      « Reply #10848 on: Jun 11, 2020, 04:51:21 pm »
      Took a ride last night over one causeway to 1 down the coast to the next causeway and home to beat the rain.
      Getting hot.
      Ride safe

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
      « Reply #10849 on: Jun 13, 2020, 10:38:52 pm »
      I was able to ride up into the Santa Cruz mountains via Highway 9 (from Santa Cruz to Alice's Restaurant at Skyline)...From there you can see San Francisco...to the West you can see the Pacific and the beginning of the late afternoon fog. Alice's Restaurant is a 'gathering' of all kinds of bikes and all levels of riders. Harley to Hayabusa...As you ride prepare to be passed (on the left and on the right)...The EMT crews are busy...Southern California has its famed ride to the 'Rock Store' as the east coast has its famed 'Blue Ridge' rides.  PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #10850 on: Jun 15, 2020, 09:11:37 am »
      I rode last Friday. GORGEOUS weather! 85F no clouds a little windy. I took off about 10am and went to my local Yamaha Dealership to get them to order some Kuryakyn Kinetic grips and Kuryakyn bar ends with the right end also being a throttle lock. I also will have them throw on a NOCO GBC009 Boost 18.5-Inch SAE Adapter Extension, (basically a direct to battery wire with a plug to connect to a NOCO Boost Plus GB40, (car/motorcycle battery jumper) it also has an SAE adapter so i can run a cable under the tank up to the underside of the neck and zip tie a USB charger so I can keep my cell charging as i use it for Nav and music on all day rides. Then I took off to Biloxi, FL. I was about 2-1/2hrs from my place. I stopped to eat at Middendorfs seafood restaurant in Slidell, LA. They are famous for their thin fried catfish. If you ever get the chance GET IT! Then it was just interstate all the way. Got to Biloxi and drove until the road stopped and parked in the parking lot of a dock, (McElroy's "Harbor House" Seafood) walked to the end of the dock and talked to a tug boat captain who was drinking beer there. Talked about 30mins, took off, fueled up, drank a Gatorade and headed back home. Great ride, great weather.
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2020, 06:23:22 pm by FireNative »

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
      « Reply #10851 on: Jun 15, 2020, 11:55:52 am »
      I rode last Friday. GORGEOUS weather! 85F no clouds a little windy. I took off about 10am and went to my local Yamaha Dealership to get them to order some Kuryakyn Kinetic grips and Kuryakyn bar ends with the right end also being a throttle lock. I also will have them throw on a NOCO GBC009 Boost 18.5-Inch SAE Adapter Extension, (basically a direct to battery wire with a plug to connect to a NOCO Boost Plus GB40, (car/motorcycle battery jumper) it also has an SAE adapter so i can run a cable under the tank up to the underside of the neck and zip tie a USB charger so I can keep my cell charging as i use it for Nav and music on all day rides. Then I took off to Biloxi, FL. I was about 2-1/2hrs from my place. I stopped to eat at Middendorfs seafood restaurant in Slidell, LA. They are famous for their thin fried catfish. If you ever get the chance GET IT! Then it was just interstate all the way. Got to Biloxi and drove until the road stopped and parked in the parking lot of a dock, (McElroy's "Harbor House" Seafood) walked to the end of the dock and talked to a tug boat captain drink beer there. Talked about 30mins, took off, fueled up, drank a Gatorade and headed back home. Great ride, great weather.
      Sounds beautiful...I was stationed in Pensacola Florida aboard the U.S.S. Lexington aircraft carrier in the early 1960s and regret not seeing more of the area around me. My oldest son makes custom electric guitars and gets many of the  hardwoods from that area.

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #10852 on: Jun 15, 2020, 06:28:46 pm »
      I rode last Friday. GORGEOUS weather! 85F no clouds a little windy. I took off about 10am and went to my local Yamaha Dealership to get them to order some Kuryakyn Kinetic grips and Kuryakyn bar ends with the right end also being a throttle lock. I also will have them throw on a NOCO GBC009 Boost 18.5-Inch SAE Adapter Extension, (basically a direct to battery wire with a plug to connect to a NOCO Boost Plus GB40, (car/motorcycle battery jumper) it also has an SAE adapter so i can run a cable under the tank up to the underside of the neck and zip tie a USB charger so I can keep my cell charging as i use it for Nav and music on all day rides. Then I took off to Biloxi, FL. I was about 2-1/2hrs from my place. I stopped to eat at Middendorfs seafood restaurant in Slidell, LA. They are famous for their thin fried catfish. If you ever get the chance GET IT! Then it was just interstate all the way. Got to Biloxi and drove until the road stopped and parked in the parking lot of a dock, (McElroy's "Harbor House" Seafood) walked to the end of the dock and talked to a tug boat captain drink beer there. Talked about 30mins, took off, fueled up, drank a Gatorade and headed back home. Great ride, great weather.
      Sounds beautiful...I was stationed in Pensacola Florida aboard the U.S.S. Lexington aircraft carrier in the early 1960s and regret not seeing more of the area around me. My oldest son makes custom electric guitars and gets many of the  hardwoods from that area.

BorderlandBiker yeah it seemed like a cool chill area to ride in. I'll have to check it out this summer. I've got a Destin, FL 6 day trip planned in November so I'll pass through there and maybe ride around a while.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #10853 on: Jun 15, 2020, 11:19:22 pm »
      Yesterday I took my girlfriend helmet shopping, and today I took her on her first motorcycle ride ever. The weather was beautiful with a slight chill in the air. I didn't want to overdo it on her first time out, so I went for a relaxed 2 hour loop. She said she really enjoyed it, and she's looking forward to riding some more.

Thatís awesome stuff Marc , glad to hear she enjoyed it! She making the haul with you to SERR?
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #10854 on: Jun 16, 2020, 05:54:45 am »

Thatís awesome stuff Marc , glad to hear she enjoyed it! She making the haul with you to SERR?

That's the plan, but it's not looking too good with the border closures right now. My room is booked for the 19th, but last I heard they were keeping borders closed at least till the 22nd. My hope of going is slowly fading.

At least we have our rally shirts.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10855 on: Jun 16, 2020, 08:39:21 am »

That's the plan, but it's not looking too good with the border closures right now. My room is booked for the 19th, but last I heard they were keeping borders closed at least till the 22nd. My hope of going is slowly fading.

That would suck if you can't make it this year.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10856 on: Jun 16, 2020, 08:54:02 am »

Damn bro , just be in line ready on the 22nd when they open !

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #10857 on: Jun 16, 2020, 06:30:04 pm »

So 1000+ miles on the 22nd, stay for 2 days, and then another 1000+ miles back. Not super tempting....I think this rally will be a no-go for me.

I really want to see everybody again, but the 36 hours of travel time might be a bit much for a 2 day stay. Plus I'll need to self quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. I'm already making 2012 wages (barely any work) and can't really afford to lose 2 week's pay on top of it.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10858 on: Jun 16, 2020, 07:06:33 pm »

So 1000+ miles on the 22nd, stay for 2 days, and then another 1000+ miles back. Not super tempting....I think this rally will be a no-go for me.

I really want to see everybody again, but the 36 hours of travel time might be a bit much for a 2 day stay. Plus I'll need to self quarantine for 2 weeks when I get back. I'm already making 2012 wages (barely any work) and can't really afford to lose 2 week's pay on top of it.

Hate to hear that Marc, will miss riding with you!

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10859 on: Jun 16, 2020, 09:56:57 pm »

Hate to hear that Marc, will miss riding with you!

Same here bro, but I get it .... I would stay my butt at home also in those circumstances.