Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178261 times)

TheGhostRaider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • My corvette web site
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #750 on: Jun 29, 2011, 01:36:34 am »
Supposed to hit 115° F today, but I'm still riding.

Dear god

We might have to add a couple of days to the trip for all the beer breaks "More beer than fill up's"

Yeah.  Dreadly will see this and start rethinking June of next year.

all the more reason to stop in at your favorite watering hole and have several refreshing cold cold cold beers  ;D
It's better to die fast than live slow

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #751 on: Jun 29, 2011, 09:55:57 am »
    On my ride today got as hot as it has this year in the upper 80's, so i rode with a t-shirt, helmet, gloves and riding boots. Figured no jacket because it was too hot. The weather can change really fast, had a brief period a couple miles with small hail, feels like bb machine gun at 60mph. Not leaving again without at least rain pants and jacket. ;D

80s isn't hot.  It was 90° riding down the I-10 this morning at 6am.

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #752 on: Jun 29, 2011, 10:23:18 am »

Dear god

all the more reason to stop in at your favorite watering hole and have several refreshing cold cold cold beers  ;D

Or head home, strip down naked and lay in the pool with those cold, cold beers!

IN!!

• Advertisement

Saint

• E-Volving
      • Road Star
      « Reply #753 on: Jun 29, 2011, 11:03:03 am »
      Pissed down rain for the last 3 days.  Sunny and drying out now.  Saint on Raider in t-minus 4 hours!   O8O
      "Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

2010 Red Yamaha Raider; 22-Jun-'11 > current ...7,100 km
      2010 Red Honda VRF-1200 DCT; 30-Jun-'10 > current ...12,000 km
      2008 Silver Suzuki B-King; 05-Aug-'09 > 30-Jun-'10 ...10,300 km
      2009 Orange Suzuki V-Strom; 21-Apr-'09 > 04-Aug-'09 ...8,500 km
      2007 Black Suzuki Burgman; 18-Aug-'08 > 28-Apr-'10 ...11,500 km

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #754 on: Jun 29, 2011, 11:05:31 am »

Dear god

IN!!

You could always head down now.  We're doing a Birthday BBQ/Pool party for my wife on Saturday.  We invited a whole mess of people from our local riding group and I hope it's not too hot for them to show up on bikes. It'll be fun to see a whole mess of them park in my driveway (even if some of them are Harleys).

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #755 on: Jun 29, 2011, 12:08:46 pm »

Dear god

IN!!

You could always head down now.  We're doing a Birthday BBQ/Pool party for my wife on Saturday.  We invited a whole mess of people from our local riding group and I hope it's not too hot for them to show up on bikes. It'll be fun to see a whole mess of them park in my driveway (even if some of them are Harleys).

Strange....I don't remember getting an invitation.   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #756 on: Jun 29, 2011, 12:16:37 pm »

Dear god

IN!!

Strange....I don't remember getting an invitation.   ;D

Consider this an invite!

Tail dragger

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #757 on: Jun 29, 2011, 05:07:33 pm »
      Wish I could be there Dan.  Enjoyed visiting with you again when I was in Phoenix.  Got in my first ride after my surgery today (a little bit earlier than maybe I should have) as I had to get out there.  Ran a route where I didn't have but two stop signs going and two coming back over about 50 miles.  Was great to get some wind in my face again.  Needed it, even if it was a hot 96 coming back.  Know that's not hot for you, but you are young and tough.  Say Hi to the wife for me.  Happy 4th.

TheGhostRaider

• Warrior
        • My corvette web site
      « Reply #758 on: Jun 29, 2011, 11:15:25 pm »
      Went for a rip in to town. There was what looked to be an accomplished HD rider eyeing up my bike. I've never answered so many questions at at couple of stop lights before. He must of said 5 times how much he liked it and when I told him it was 113 co his eyes really lit up. Then he asked me what it was. LOL

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #759 on: Jun 30, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »
      Wish I could be there Dan.  Enjoyed visiting with you again when I was in Phoenix.  Got in my first ride after my surgery today (a little bit earlier than maybe I should have) as I had to get out there.  Ran a route where I didn't have but two stop signs going and two coming back over about 50 miles.  Was great to get some wind in my face again.  Needed it, even if it was a hot 96 coming back.  Know that's not hot for you, but you are young and tough.  Say Hi to the wife for me.  Happy 4th.

Great to hear!!!  Sounds like you'll be running full steam in no time.  Happy 4th to you too!

dickster

« Reply #760 on: Jun 30, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »
      Well I rode to work again. Seems like that's all I do lately. Gonna have to take a day and drive past work and keep going for a while.

shadowrider43

• "Above All Family"
      • Warrior
      « Reply #761 on: Jun 30, 2011, 01:37:44 pm »
      I am all for one of those Ride Past Work Day

DewMan

• V Star
      « Reply #762 on: Jun 30, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »
      Rode in to work today as it was a beautiful morning and no rain or anything in the forecast.  Well, lovely Colorado decides to change around 3:30 and it is currently raining all over!!! :wtf: 

Any who, I did get to have a conversation in traffic this morning with a guy in his '69 VW.  He thought the bike was "sick" and asked what kind it was and if it was a Harley where I got it painted, mind you I'm rolling factory '09 silver...  :shrug: Thought it was funny.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2011, 04:56:09 pm by dewmanco »
      DewMan -- 2009 Silver Raider

TheGhostRaider

• Warrior
        • My corvette web site
      « Reply #763 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »
      Road into the City to pick up a few small things for the Vette. Narrowly avoided this old lady changing lanes with out looking.

ohyeahfriday

• I need an open road...
      • Road Star
      « Reply #764 on: Jul 01, 2011, 08:26:47 am »
      Lucky couple days here again, beautiful weather yesterday, today and supposed to be tomorrow.  I still wish I wasn't at work, but at least I get quality seat time twice daily.  I might just have to find a long way home tonight too since we don't have plans  8)
      "The world looks like a better place when seen over a set of handlebars."

My next helmet will have a large sticker on the back that reads "If you rear end me, I will KILL you."  Maybe that will get their attention?