Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178256 times)

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #1335 on: Feb 26, 2012, 07:58:43 pm »
40's here in southern Colorado today, but no wind and mostly sunshine.  So, out for about 1 1/2 hours.  Little cool (actuallly cold) for this old man, but enjoyed it anyway.  Only saw a couple of bikes out today.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Toolfreak

• Live like your dying!
    • Dallas Fort Worth
    • Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #1336 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:43:02 pm »
    65 in Dallas today, perfect weather for riding !!! Drove all over the city just soaking up the sun, the smells, and life!
    Toolfreak

08pwraider

• Roadliner
    « Reply #1337 on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:35:23 pm »
    We had a 65 degree day so I rode my vic cross country about 35 mi to meet a guy to test ride it, and he did and he bought it .
    GO BIG OR GO HOME

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #1338 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:49:37 am »
      I did not ride all weekend.  We took two of our kids to the AZ Renaissance Festival on Saturday (even though my wife and I are still trying to fully recover from being sick). The temps were in the 80s and I went dressed as a pirate fully clad in leather. The first part of the day sweat was just running down my back.

Yesterday I took it easy. I washed my Raider and my dog and that's about it. Still not 100% back to my normal health.

I did ride today and then discovered we're supposed to get rain late tonight and possibly early tomorrow morning. Not sure if I'll ride or not, but if I do, my clean Raider is going to get dirty.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1339 on: Feb 28, 2012, 09:48:03 am »
      I get up and no rain.  I check the skies around 5am and the skies are clear and I can see a ton of stars (semi-rural area). I do my work out, get ready for work, head out and skies are clear.  Then some clouds from the east kind of darken up and I'm about half way to work and get a few sprinkles of rain on me.  Luckily it was light enough that I pretty much air dried it with the rest of the ride.  I threw a cover on my Raider after I got to work.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #1340 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:07:41 am »
      Don't you just hate that? Clear skies and then...where the crap did those clouds come from?  :shrug:

I was home sick with the flu Monday through Wednesday. Finally got to get back to work ("got to?") on Thursday and took the Raider. Man I sure did miss it! I rode my silver beast like I stole it! Saw a lot of other bikes out including a Hayabusa that looked like it lost a fight with a  concrete wall. The dude riding it was wearing shorts and no helmet. If Darwin's theory holds any merit, that guy won't be riding for long.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #1341 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »
      Don't you just hate that? Clear skies and then...where the crap did those clouds come from?  :shrug:

I was home sick with the flu Monday through Wednesday. Finally got to get back to work ("got to?") on Thursday and took the Raider. Man I sure did miss it! I rode my silver beast like I stole it! Saw a lot of other bikes out including a Hayabusa that looked like it lost a fight with a  concrete wall. The dude riding it was wearing shorts and no helmet. If Darwin's theory holds any merit, that guy won't be riding for long.

:rotfl: :agree:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

IML8

• In the wind
      • Road Star
      « Reply #1342 on: Mar 02, 2012, 10:06:37 pm »
      55 and cloudy here today so I saddled up and went to lunch. Then took off up highway 19 and found the rain, was afraid I may start to melt so I headed for the barn. Got a little wet on the way back but enjoyed it tremendously. All in all ended up with about 30 miles and saw several bikes out and about. About 15 minutes after getting home the flood gates opened up and it rained the rest of the day.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1343 on: Mar 05, 2012, 10:58:52 am »
      My wife and I still weren't feeling too hot this weekend.  I actually feel like I regressed about 5 days when I woke up Saturday morning.  we did manage to take a nice ride to a little mom 'n pop place for breakfast on Saturday and then rode to the apartment both of my boys moved into this weekend on Sunday and then stopped for a nice lunch.

I rode into work today and it's supposed to hit 87° this afternoon.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #1344 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:56:16 pm »
      Temps in the upper 60s - lower 70s all week here in West Texas. I'll be riding all week long. Unless those pesky clouds come out of nowhere and start raining on my parade. Got to use the 115 ft/lb torque a bit this weekend when some oblivious cagers tried to steal my lane, too. The power of the Raider along with the very loud horn saved me more than once this weekend.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #1345 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:07:07 pm »
      Life is good in southern Colorado.  72 degrees and pure sunshine today.  Only downside was the 30 mph winds.  Got to ride for several hours anyway and was sure worth it.  First sunburn of the season and looks like tomorrow will be another sunburn with the temps forecast to be 72.  Bad news is that we are expecting snow on Wednesday and Thursday.  Oh well, it is springtime in the rockies.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1346 on: Mar 06, 2012, 08:36:54 am »
      I rode in and everything was beautiful, but we're supposed to get 30-40 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph today.  I'm heading out to put the cover on my bike.

Grinch79

• Road Star
      « Reply #1347 on: Mar 06, 2012, 10:32:00 am »
      It started out at 30 and it may reach 60 later on today.  Layers, layers, and more layers were a great help!

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #1348 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:32:11 pm »
      Got my bike out of storage today in the afternoon!
      Couldn't stay any longer in the office, because of temps in the mid 50's.
      Run through my first tank of gas.
      It's been too long!
      To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1349 on: Mar 07, 2012, 11:31:22 am »
      I rode yesterday in very high winds and I wished I wouldn't have.  Not due to the winds, but due to some insane people on the roads yesterday. I saw so many stupid maneuvers yesterday it was unreal.  Not just around me, but to other drivers as well. I had one guy almost pull into me when he entered the HOV lane.  I swerved over to avoid getting hit and shot up next to him and he had a cell phone tight up against his head with his left hand and his head tilted to the right.   I guess it's hard to see what's in your side mirror when you can't see your side mirror. Dumb ass!!!