Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178297 times)

Wavz

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #1380 on: Mar 18, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »
Going to get her out for the first time since last fall. Soon as the show is done....rip it up!!!

Average temp 35.....near 75 today!!!!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 6
    « Reply #1381 on: Mar 18, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »
    Hit Daytona for the 3rd time this event.
    I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Wavz

• Roadliner
    « Reply #1382 on: Mar 18, 2012, 08:13:40 pm »
    Put on a quick 30 miles after the show. Tons of vehicles pulling up next to me and looking it over.

• Advertisement

Tail dragger

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #1383 on: Mar 18, 2012, 08:40:19 pm »
      Went out for about an hour, but the wind came up (and I do mean up...56 mph gusts), so I came back home and adjusted the belt, as it was starting to make some noise.

beerguy973

• V Star
      « Reply #1384 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »
      Installed the wife's new floor boards today after daytona yesterday. It was nice to put a face to friends I have made on the forum. But today was a day of joy and sorrow. My oldest left to carry on a proud family tradition of naval service while my grandma passed away today after 83 years. Talk about a unusual day. I know she is proud of his service as we all are and I'm sorry to share bad news on the forum but just needed to vent a little.

Votion

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #1385 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:11:21 am »
      Put about 60 miles on today. From work and around since my car decided to die on me this morning.  Two hundred miles total since I got to Italy.  Ended up using my Raider to jump start the car.  At least spring is starting to show with the trees starting to bud.
      Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #1386 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:38:47 am »
      Saturday: Only rode to two stores to get PVC pipes and fittings to replumb my pool filter.

Sunday: Poured down rain and believe it or not.. hail pretty much all day long.  There was no way I was going out. Unfortunately my son had to go out on his bike, but I think he managed to ride during a couple of periods when it was not raining.

Today: It was much colder due to the storm.  Supposed to be a high of 55° today. I had to install my wire for my heated gloves this morning and glad I did.  I still have a bit of a chill going through me. It sprinkled on me a little in the last few miles, but luckily cleared enough to dry off before I parked.  My Raider is covered at the moment.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #1387 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:43:46 am »
      Sorry beerguy973 for the loss of you grandmother :-[ Congrats on the inlisted one tho! 8)
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1388 on: Mar 19, 2012, 11:51:39 am »
      Sorry beerguy973 for the loss of you grandmother :-[ Congrats on the inlisted one tho! 8)

beerguy973- I meant to pass on my condolences as well, but got side tracked.  Sorry for your loss, but at least she lived a pretty long life.

budlight

« Reply #1389 on: Mar 19, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »
      Took my daughter to dinner and a movie while the wife was working.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #1390 on: Mar 19, 2012, 04:03:39 pm »

beerguy973- I meant to pass on my condolences as well, but got side tracked.  Sorry for your loss, but at least she lived a pretty long life.
      Condolences and congrats, beerguy.

Took my daughter to dinner and a movie while the wife was working.

Sounds like a pretty awesome date night. Can't wait till my oldest can ride with me.

Saturday was my birthday (thanks to Bill for the birthday wishes  :cheers:), so we dropped the kids off at my parents house and I took my wife for a ride (on the Raider).  ;D  Took a few backroad highways around the outskirts of town. Ended up being about an hour ride. I was surprised she lasted that long on the factory pillion pad. It was one of the best rides I've been on just cause I had my lady hugging me the whole time. Temps were in the upper 60s-lower 70s all weekend.
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1391 on: Mar 19, 2012, 04:11:17 pm »
      Saturday was my birthday (thanks to Bill for the birthday wishes  :cheers:), so we dropped the kids off at my parents house and I took my wife for a ride (on the Raider).  ;D  Took a few backroad highways around the outskirts of town. Ended up being about an hour ride. I was surprised she lasted that long on the factory pillion pad. It was one of the best rides I've been on just cause I had my lady hugging me the whole time. Temps were in the upper 60s-lower 70s all weekend.

I missed Bill's birthday thread since I didn't get on all weekend, so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I spent my day fixing my pool filter so you could have a pool party to celebrate, but you never showed up.

1starraider

• Why so serious?
      • Warrior
      « Reply #1392 on: Mar 19, 2012, 05:47:49 pm »
      Put about 30 on it today, over the weekend I put over 150. The weather has been great so far this year. it hit 74 today. Great riding weather.
      [img]http://www.roadstarraid

Starky

• Raider
      « Reply #1393 on: Mar 19, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »
      Didn't get a chance to ride all weekend so today, despite the wind and chance of t storms, I took it out.  Got about 10 miles down the road and it started getting dark.  Decided to take the short loop home when it started sprinkling.  Doing 85-90 all the way home and made it with just light sprinkles and a dry road.  Was home less than 5 minutes and it was raining so hard I couldn't see out the living room window.  The Raider out ran mother nature 8)
      You can run, but you will only die tired.
      From a place you cannot see comes a sound you will never hear.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #1394 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:44:49 am »

I missed Bill's birthday thread since I didn't get on all weekend, so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I spent my day fixing my pool filter so you could have a pool party to celebrate, but you never showed up.

Couldn't find your house. The directions were confusing. I rode all over Chandler, Arizona before giving up and coming back to Texas.  :lbh: But it's the thought that counts.  :cheers:
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.