Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1178317 times)

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #10860 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:28:12 pm »
There's a route to Gilroy from Watsonville...highway 152 (Mt. Madonna route). It goes from the coast up through the redwood trees then down into Gilroy. I rode early enough to beat the heat and rode back the same way. Some of the corners are tight enough to allow you to read your own license plate. Great ride and got back in time to have a late breakfast with my sons....PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE...P.S. I know it's not popular but I'm using the 210 again...forgive me....have a great FATHER'S DAY...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Roadliner
    « Reply #10861 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:58:18 am »
    Last Friday I rode from about 1pm to about 7pm. The weather was beautiful, about 85F, the sky was about half cloudy and it had a little breeze. I rode from Houma, (Ho Ma)to Thibodaux, (Thib A Dough) took LA-1 all the way to Donaldsonville to the Mississippi River and turned right/east to take the River Road, (Hwy 18) all the way to Luling, (Lu ling) back south taking Hwy 90 West, (but actually going south during this section) getting off Hwy 90 to take Hwy 182 West to Houma. Big 3hr circle that i just cruised for about 5hrs. Went visit a guy and his wife I know that I haven't seen in person since the outbreak. We visited in the driveway and caught up. Then drove home. My arms got a great tan as they where peeling from the weekend before's 4hr ride to and from Biloxi, FL.

Today I rode my baby to the local Yamaha Dealership to get them to install a pair of Kuryakyn Kinetic grips, a Kuryakyn throttle locking bar end with the matching clutch bar end, and connect my jumper direct wire to the battery for my NOCO battery jumper and so I can connect a USB charger for my cellphone for long trips. We have thunderstorms all week so hopefully I get my baby back by the weekend so I can try out the new toys.  8)
    « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2020, 09:02:49 am by FireNative »

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
    « Reply #10862 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:19:35 pm »
    Last Friday I rode from about 1pm to about 7pm. The weather was beautiful, about 85F, the sky was about half cloudy and it had a little breeze. I rode from Houma, (Ho Ma)to Thibodaux, (Thib A Dough) took LA-1 all the way to Donaldsonville to the Mississippi River and turned right/east to take the River Road, (Hwy 18) all the way to Luling, (Lu ling) back south taking Hwy 90 West, (but actually going south during this section) getting off Hwy 90 to take Hwy 182 West to Houma. Big 3hr circle that i just cruised for about 5hrs. Went visit a guy and his wife I know that I haven't seen in person since the outbreak. We visited in the driveway and caught up. Then drove home. My arms got a great tan as they where peeling from the weekend before's 4hr ride to and from Biloxi, FL.

Today I rode my baby to the local Yamaha Dealership to get them to install a pair of Kuryakyn Kinetic grips, a Kuryakyn throttle locking bar end with the matching clutch bar end, and connect my jumper direct wire to the battery for my NOCO battery jumper and so I can connect a USB charger for my cellphone for long trips. We have thunderstorms all week so hopefully I get my baby back by the weekend so I can try out the new toys.  8)

It's good to hear you were able to get out...I was able to ride up to Alice's Restaurant (great soup n' salad) in the Santa Cruz Mountains via Hwy 9 (lots of redwoods and lots of curves) took my time. Dennis Kirk had a good price on some 210 tires so I got a pair...my suspension is adjusted to its highest setting so I'm good through the corners...(you can see the whole SF Bay area from there...PEACE RIDE SAFE

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #10863 on: Aug 03, 2020, 09:52:26 pm »
      Rode last Friday. Me and a guy I know who just bought a Honda NC750X, (street bike). The weather was hot but good. We did about a 2hr loop taking back roads and relaxing. Good ride. Hopefully next week and the week after we will have no rain because i have some shifts off and I would love to take a few trips on my baby.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10864 on: Aug 04, 2020, 06:21:49 am »
      Took Rhonda for a 160 mile lunch run
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
      « Reply #10865 on: Aug 09, 2020, 05:29:35 pm »
      Yesterday I followed, operative word was followed, some BMW friends from Monterey down the Pacific Coast Highway to Big Sur. You may have seen it in the 'News' but a group with guns set out wood with nails to puncture tires one of the side roads near the ocean. The police have asked the military for help using infra-red to spot them from drones....We were held up for a few minutes on our ride down for a ONE way pass...As one who's had a flat while riding I hope they catch the crazy (rhymes with truckers)...The Big Sur River Inn was open (great soup and salad) HOWEVER some of the smaller shops have had to close because of the 'Virus'...........PEACE RIDE  :raider: SAFE  P.S. the fog chased us home.

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #10866 on: Mar 27, 2021, 09:06:35 pm »
      Put a quick 100 miles on her today up to Salina, OK. Nice lakes and roads up that way. Got home a washed the Raider then the VMax.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10867 on: Mar 30, 2021, 09:02:48 am »
      Man, this thread was pretty busy in past years.  Amazing to see the decline in activity on this site.  So, in honor of the fact that it is spring, I figured I would show you northern boys what you have to look forward to this summer.  Took a typical 60 - 70 mile ride around the block and stopped at Waveland to share a pic with you.  Nice day for the kids at the beach.

The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Preacher

• V Star
      « Reply #10868 on: Mar 30, 2021, 02:05:23 pm »
      Man, this thread was pretty busy in past years.  Amazing to see the decline in activity on this site.  So, in honor of the fact that it is spring, I figured I would show you northern boys what you have to look forward to this summer.  Took a typical 60 - 70 mile ride around the block and stopped at Waveland to share a pic with you.  Nice day for the kids at the beach.

Nice! My wife is a beach bum, we live an hour away so she makes frequent trips all year. Yesterday I took my 8 year old for a ride for about an hour on the back roads around my house. We live way out in the sticks so it ended up being about 40 miles when it was all said and done!

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10869 on: Apr 01, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »
      Phil v are you going to Maggie Valley this year?
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #10870 on: Apr 02, 2021, 06:05:30 am »

Looks like you had a rough day bro lol
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10871 on: Apr 03, 2021, 10:24:01 am »
      Phil v are you going to Maggie Valley this year?

I believe I am.  Definitely gonna do the KYRR, if it happens.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #10872 on: Apr 05, 2021, 04:03:42 pm »
      Took her out of storage today and went for a quick ride. The roads are still covered with sand and gravel around here, so I didn't want to go too far. I rode about ˝ hour and it felt great.
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

IronHorse

• Road Star
      « Reply #10873 on: Apr 05, 2021, 07:17:52 pm »
      This guy! I even enjoyed it so much I think ill do it again tomorrow!

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10874 on: Apr 05, 2021, 07:24:20 pm »
      Took her out of storage today and went for a quick ride. The roads are still covered with sand and gravel around here, so I didn't want to go too far. I rode about ˝ hour and it felt great.
      about time!