Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 928726 times)

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #10860 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:28:12 pm »
There's a route to Gilroy from Watsonville...highway 152 (Mt. Madonna route). It goes from the coast up through the redwood trees then down into Gilroy. I rode early enough to beat the heat and rode back the same way. Some of the corners are tight enough to allow you to read your own license plate. Great ride and got back in time to have a late breakfast with my sons....PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE...P.S. I know it's not popular but I'm using the 210 again...forgive me....have a great FATHER'S DAY...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #10861 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:58:18 am »
    Last Friday I rode from about 1pm to about 7pm. The weather was beautiful, about 85F, the sky was about half cloudy and it had a little breeze. I rode from Houma, (Ho Ma)to Thibodaux, (Thib A Dough) took LA-1 all the way to Donaldsonville to the Mississippi River and turned right/east to take the River Road, (Hwy 18) all the way to Luling, (Lu ling) back south taking Hwy 90 West, (but actually going south during this section) getting off Hwy 90 to take Hwy 182 West to Houma. Big 3hr circle that i just cruised for about 5hrs. Went visit a guy and his wife I know that I haven't seen in person since the outbreak. We visited in the driveway and caught up. Then drove home. My arms got a great tan as they where peeling from the weekend before's 4hr ride to and from Biloxi, FL.

Today I rode my baby to the local Yamaha Dealership to get them to install a pair of Kuryakyn Kinetic grips, a Kuryakyn throttle locking bar end with the matching clutch bar end, and connect my jumper direct wire to the battery for my NOCO battery jumper and so I can connect a USB charger for my cellphone for long trips. We have thunderstorms all week so hopefully I get my baby back by the weekend so I can try out the new toys.  8)
    « Last Edit: Jun 23, 2020, 09:02:49 am by FireNative »

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
    • Road Star
    « Reply #10862 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:19:35 pm »
    Last Friday I rode from about 1pm to about 7pm. The weather was beautiful, about 85F, the sky was about half cloudy and it had a little breeze. I rode from Houma, (Ho Ma)to Thibodaux, (Thib A Dough) took LA-1 all the way to Donaldsonville to the Mississippi River and turned right/east to take the River Road, (Hwy 18) all the way to Luling, (Lu ling) back south taking Hwy 90 West, (but actually going south during this section) getting off Hwy 90 to take Hwy 182 West to Houma. Big 3hr circle that i just cruised for about 5hrs. Went visit a guy and his wife I know that I haven't seen in person since the outbreak. We visited in the driveway and caught up. Then drove home. My arms got a great tan as they where peeling from the weekend before's 4hr ride to and from Biloxi, FL.

Today I rode my baby to the local Yamaha Dealership to get them to install a pair of Kuryakyn Kinetic grips, a Kuryakyn throttle locking bar end with the matching clutch bar end, and connect my jumper direct wire to the battery for my NOCO battery jumper and so I can connect a USB charger for my cellphone for long trips. We have thunderstorms all week so hopefully I get my baby back by the weekend so I can try out the new toys.  8)

It's good to hear you were able to get out...I was able to ride up to Alice's Restaurant (great soup n' salad) in the Santa Cruz Mountains via Hwy 9 (lots of redwoods and lots of curves) took my time. Dennis Kirk had a good price on some 210 tires so I got a pair...my suspension is adjusted to its highest setting so I'm good through the corners...(you can see the whole SF Bay area from there...PEACE RIDE SAFE

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #10863 on: Aug 03, 2020, 09:52:26 pm »
      Rode last Friday. Me and a guy I know who just bought a Honda NC750X, (street bike). The weather was hot but good. We did about a 2hr loop taking back roads and relaxing. Good ride. Hopefully next week and the week after we will have no rain because i have some shifts off and I would love to take a few trips on my baby.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10864 on: Aug 04, 2020, 06:21:49 am »
      Took Rhonda for a 160 mile lunch run
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires