Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1021358 times)

the urban legend

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #10875 on: Apr 05, 2021, 08:11:09 pm »
Took her out of storage today and went for a quick ride. The roads are still covered with sand and gravel around here, so I didn't want to go too far. I rode about ˝ hour and it felt great.
about time!

Actually it's pretty early for me. Usually the ground is still too soft to get the bike out of the shed. A few years ago it sank down to the frame and it took me over an hour to get it out, and then I had to wash all the clay from inside the wheels. Not much fun.
This year it dried up pretty quick, so I'm going to take advantage of it.
I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #10876 on: Apr 05, 2021, 09:47:18 pm »
    We had a couple days here up North in the 60's, 70's, and today in the 80's, with a lot of wind!
    But you can't be picky up here in Minnesota, so you take advantage of temps like that in a heartbeat!!
    To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #10877 on: Apr 06, 2021, 09:29:06 pm »
    Took her out of storage today and went for a quick ride. The roads are still covered with sand and gravel around here, so I didn't want to go too far. I rode about ˝ hour and it felt great.
    about time!

Actually it's pretty early for me. Usually the ground is still too soft to get the bike out of the shed. A few years ago it sank down to the frame and it took me over an hour to get it out, and then I had to wash all the clay from inside the wheels. Not much fun.
    This year it dried up pretty quick, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Good to hear you northern boys, wolfraider included, are getting out.  I took a ride out to Okeechobee today and got in 120 or so miles.  Nice day down here.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10878 on: Apr 09, 2021, 12:28:55 pm »
      Rode up to a launch at Cape Canaveral Wednesday.  Got a late start, so we headed of the highway rather than A1A.  When we got there, we found out that parking along the causeway (our usual viewing spot) is no longer allowed.  So we found another place, but not as good.  Traffic sucked in both directions and the speed limit on A1A through Melbourne has been reduced to 35 mph.  I should stop whining and just appreciate the fact that I still have a Raider.  It will probably be outlawed soon because it uses gas.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

woodog

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #10879 on: Apr 09, 2021, 04:21:32 pm »
      Beautiful Georgia/Tennessee mountains ride...250 miles....
      Woodog..Patriot Raider...Marine... MGySgt.  Semper Fidelis