Author Topic: Who rode Today  (Read 1072516 times)

Orion90

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Who rode Today
« Reply #10920 on: Sep 07, 2021, 11:16:50 pm »
I ride every day to work, unless the weather is just so God awful that I have to take the car.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #10921 on: Sep 24, 2021, 08:25:49 am »
    FINALLY rode my baby yesterday! I got her back from the dealership from her 8K service check. Hurricane, ordered parts so yeah dropped her off on August 18 and got her back September 23 so 5 weeks. I left the dealership and did a 4hr loop in the neighboring city on the back roads. The weather was perfect. 80F, no clouds, small breeze, barely any traffic. Ate at favorite Mexican restaurant in that town then took off and it was a great day to ride. I had a 7 day trip to Lake Sam Rayburn around  Broaddus, TX. I was going to bring my motorcycle but my employer cancelled my vacation because I was still at the fire station recovering the city from a direct hit from Ida. So I can't wait until Oct 10-22. I have 4 days in a hotel in Kodak, TN, then 4 days in a cabin in Bryson City, NC, then 4 days in a cabin in Lake Winfield Scott recreation park in Suches, GA. Bringing my motorcycle on a rented Uhaul moto trailer until I can buy a light Toy Hauler. I CANT WAIT!

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #10922 on: Sep 24, 2021, 07:54:48 pm »
    Washed my baby at noon then rode to New Orleans to get some pizza and met a friend but he had to work on cleaning pools so he only had time to stop by and say hey for a few minutes. So I ate, drank  3 beers relaxed and rode back home. Put on about 135 miles on her and got back home and now about to relax and work in the morning. The weather was perfect, 80F, no clouds, barely a breeze, light traffic except in a few spots but no biggy.

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10923 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:20:16 pm »
      Got in about 150 miles on the Red Raider Beautiful day around 80 and a light breeze and clear sky
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #10924 on: Sep 25, 2021, 05:18:49 pm »
      FINALLY rode my baby yesterday! I got her back from the dealership from her 8K service check. Hurricane, ordered parts so yeah dropped her off on August 18 and got her back September 23 so 5 weeks. I left the dealership and did a 4hr loop in the neighboring city on the back roads. The weather was perfect. 80F, no clouds, small breeze, barely any traffic. Ate at favorite Mexican restaurant in that town then took off and it was a great day to ride. I had a 7 day trip to Lake Sam Rayburn around  Broaddus, TX. I was going to bring my motorcycle but my employer cancelled my vacation because I was still at the fire station recovering the city from a direct hit from Ida. So I can't wait until Oct 10-22. I have 4 days in a hotel in Kodak, TN, then 4 days in a cabin in Bryson City, NC, then 4 days in a cabin in Lake Winfield Scott recreation park in Suches, GA. Bringing my motorcycle on a rented Uhaul moto trailer until I can buy a light Toy Hauler. I CANT WAIT!
      You need to take a look at my website for rides while you're in NC & GA https://maggievalleyrides.com/index.html mainly the rides page.

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #10925 on: Sep 26, 2021, 09:21:19 am »

You need to take a look at my website for rides while you're in NC & GA https://maggievalleyrides.com/index.html mainly the rides page.
      [/quote]

Thanks so much ROADKILL. I have your site in my favorites and will make a few loops using your maps. I saw you posted that site here earlier so I will definitely us it to make some routes and store it in my cell phone mounted to my handle bars so even if I lose internet the route will be downloaded to my cell. Any recommendations? I was planning on doing a few loops

Here is another good motorcycle map site for the Smokey's  https://mysmokymountainguide.com/eleven-popular-motorcycle-rides-in-the-smoky-mountains/
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2021, 09:27:47 am by FireNative »

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #10926 on: Sep 26, 2021, 10:07:21 am »

Thanks so much ROADKILL. I have your site in my favorites and will make a few loops using your maps. I saw you posted that site here earlier so I will definitely us it to make some routes and store it in my cell phone mounted to my handle bars so even if I lose internet the route will be downloaded to my cell. Any recommendations? I was planning on doing a few loops

Here is another good motorcycle map site for the Smokey's  https://mysmokymountainguide.com/eleven-popular-motorcycle-rides-in-the-smoky-mountains/
      [/quote]
      My website covers all those routes and a lot more - I just added a route The 865 Loop which is an 865 mile loop that includes 8 named rides - The Dragon, Devils Triangle, KY Rattlesnake 192, Eye of the Dragon (Nada Tunnel & Red River Gorge), The River Dragon, Dragon Slayer 160, Back of the Dragon & The Rattler.
      Since you're staying in Bryson City check this route out, it includes: Fontana Dam, The Dragon, Bald River Falls, Cherohala Skyway, Wayah Rd and a section of Moonshiner 28 -
       https://goo.gl/maps/EBSyubBdDjaMrVJ29

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #10927 on: Sep 26, 2021, 11:48:45 am »
      Thanks ROADKILL I will check them out😎👍