Author Topic: any tachometer for raider?  (Read 7758 times)

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: any tachometer for raider?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:14:57 am »
Also on the market forma tach. Found these http://www.maximumproducts.net/Products/Digital%20Mirrors.htm

Think those are the same ones High pockets has !

Yeah, I think he has the Sabers.  Great looking mirrors but they are a bit spendy.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

agrodsky

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2020, 01:34:17 pm »
    I have a 2015 Raider Bullet Cowl that I recently installed a Barons Black Tachometer w/Black Face - BA-7570-01 on (Dennis Kirk Part #: 4000078).
    I installed the Barrons single fire tach adapter that came with the tach as directed. All connections are soldered, and the ground goes back to chassis ground.
    It looks really nice, but I had really bad needle bounce. I contacted Barrons support via email. They gave me a few ideas, but they were unable to help get rid of the needle bounce.
    I found someone on a forum who had a different model tach, and had needle bounce. They installed a Split second TA2-100 Tach adapter. I installed one on my bike and now the needle bounce is gone...steady and responsive.
    The Split Second Tach adapter TA2-100 will work with any tachometer, bike, car, or any engine that uses a coil to spark plug for engine combustion.
    Web site https://splitsec.com/product/ta2-100-tach-adapter
    Yeah I really didn't want to spend an extra $100, but it's worth it to get rid of the annoying needle bounce.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2020, 09:32:20 pm »
    I had a barons tach that had no needle bounce at all but it took a shit finally so I decided to get the autometer pro cycle tach which is supposed to work  it works except for at idle, the needle jumps from 0 to 1200 a few times and then stops at 0 until you crack the throttle then it reads right, i may order this adapter and try it, this is my Bullet Cowl setup
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires