Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 790068 times)

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #30 on: Jun 27, 2009, 10:38:30 am »
Went to a bike even at the BMW dealer. Walked outside and there were 5 guys standing around it, makes ya feel good when all that other iron is sitting there.
The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

SWomack

• Raider
    • Referrals: 19
    « Reply #31 on: Jun 27, 2009, 11:24:10 am »
    Very Cool Wilcon

johnnytherock

« Reply #32 on: Jun 27, 2009, 11:53:28 am »
    harley's are great bikes,,,   if you are freeking AMISH!!!!!!! ;D

• Advertisement

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Jun 27, 2009, 11:55:47 am »
       :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #34 on: Jun 27, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »
      harley's are great bikes,,,   if you are freeking AMISH!!!!!!! ;D

:D :D :D :D :D
      To be perfectly honest nothing makes my day more than a few good harley bashes.  I used to ride both Buell and several Harleys.  The harley's gave me nothing but trouble and the dealers treated me like crap.  When my last HD was stolen the wife and I looked at each other and said "Thank God".  The f'ing thing was the biggest lemon ever (towed home 6x in the first 6 months I had it...it was brand new).  I vowed then to never buy or support HD again.  Personally, I'd like to see the company go bankrupt and then watch all the sniveling RUBs whine and bitch about it, even though they've never worked on a bike a day in their life.

Keep'em coming guys.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

hickninshaw

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #35 on: Jun 27, 2009, 12:15:04 pm »
      Before i bought my raider i was hardcore convinced that i was goen to get a harley. had gone in and talked to the dealer about ordering the bike and all the accessories i wanted on it and all that. well in waukon the harley dealer is 20 feet literally from the yamaha dealer. walked out of the dealer and saw the raider standing in the line outside. checked it out and rode it. canceled the harley and bought the raider. the harley i had specked was almost 28,000 and it wouldn't have kept up in the twisties or the straights. ever since i bought mine i haven't looked back. the bike is just the best performing cruiser for the money and it has the looks to match.

I work with a guy that was talking about going for a bike trip with me once i got the harley and all the we gotta go ride, when you getting the harley. he doesn't say anything about riding now that i have the yamaha. barely talkes to me. well he did ask me how much trouble i'm having with it and i said none. he bought a new harley last year in the fall. so far this year he has put 500 miles on because its been the the shop the rest of the time.  :D :D :D :D :D

ya know that line "live to ride, ride to live". ever notice that harley guys consider that their own phrase and what they really mean is "live to ride a harley, ride a harley to live". ITS NOT WHAT YOU RIDE ITS THAT YOU LOVE TO RIDE A#$HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009, 02:03:17 pm by SWomack »

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2009, 02:15:11 pm »
      Harley's are great bikes,,,   if you are freeking AMISH!!!!!!! ;D

:D :D :D :D :D
      To be perfectly honest nothing makes my day more than a few good Harley bashes.  I used to ride both Buell and several Harleys.  The Harley's gave me nothing but trouble and the dealers treated me like crap.  When my last HD was stolen the wife and I looked at each other and said "Thank God".  The f'ing thing was the biggest lemon ever (towed home 6x in the first 6 months I had it...it was brand new).  I vowed then to never buy or support HD again.  Personally, I'd like to see the company go bankrupt and then watch all the sniveling RUBs whine and bitch about it, even though they've never worked on a bike a day in their life.

And there you have it.
      More stories of Harley problems.
      I just can't get over how many of these so called hard core HD guys say that I should have bought a Harley this time while they are paying to much for their bikes and all of their parts an it seems that their bikes are always in the shop getting repaired or looked at for something.  I have 27,000 miles + on my sled and it has never been in the shop to be fixed other then having my front downtube seals replaced.  I think what is really sad is that Harley had out priced themselves in the market and their bikes do look really cool but how cool do they look sitting in a HD shop being repaired.  Not as cool as my Raider on the road that's for sure.  Once again I like Harley's and I hate Harley's if that makes sense.  Another reason I purchased my Raider is I was planning on riding my bike top work everyday, 100 miles +, could you imagine how a Harley would have done with putting 27,000 miles on it in one year.  How many issues I would have most likely had is the real question.  I still like the StreetGlide and a couple of their other models but I just can't see paying that kind of money for something that I know will cost to much to fix and cost that much to make it look the way that I would have wanted it to look.  I work to hard for my money at this point to throw it away trying to keep a bike like that on the road.  Maybe if I was only going to put 3,000 miles a year but I don't care how old I get I will always ride my sled.
      Swomack
      Later
      Swomack

Keep'em coming guys.

armydogdoc

« Reply #37 on: Jun 27, 2009, 02:24:04 pm »
      ya, the raider is a bad ass ride, the harldley guys are just pissed cause their rides cost twice as much and half the performance and twice the problems.  My uncle bought a new hardley had it for a month before it sprung its first oil leak.  Mine goes faster looks better and cost less.... :raider:

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #38 on: Jun 27, 2009, 09:55:43 pm »
      We should really have a forum just for Harley rants and jokes.  I look at it this way...If a rider has a good experience with HD and their bikes good for him just don't be a RUB prick about it or your herd.  Personally, I'm one of a growing number of Anti-Harley ex-Harley owners who can no longer stand the company and would love to see it go the way of the dinosaur.

Hopefully I haven't offended any of our forum members with my comments.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2009, 10:05:47 pm »
      We should really have a forum just for Harley rants and jokes.  I look at it this way...If a rider has a good experience with HD and their bikes good for him just don't be a RUB prick about it or your herd.  Personally, I'm one of a growing number of Anti-Harley ex-Harley owners who can no longer stand the company and would love to see it go the way of the dinosaur.

Hopefully I haven't offended any of our forum members with my comments.

Capt,

I don't think you have.  You've not attacked a "person", but an "attitude".  I for one detest that type of attitude regardless of what someone may be riding.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2009, 10:26:36 pm »
      This whole discussion has got me thinking.  What group or brand doesn't give you Flak.

Personally, I've never had anyone riding a triumph give any attitude other than loving to ride regardless of the bike.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #41 on: Jun 28, 2009, 10:48:10 am »
      Good Point
      Bump

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #42 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:19:40 pm »
      So I went to Fatboys today for a late lunch.  Had to laugh because out of the bikes there most of course were HD, American Twins, 2 boss Hoss's and about 3 metrics.  As I sat there for about an hour and a half almost all of the harleys had starting problems (multiple tries to get started) and then sounded like crap for a few minutes.  All the Star started right up and sounded right. 

The best one was this guy on a white and blue flashy painted chromed out custom, it looked new but took him 5 tries to get'er started and then it sounded like ass until she warmed up.  The dude looked totally embarrassed.

Nice seeing the HD guys eat some crow.

The other funny one is when a waitress comes up and asks what the hell are those, pointing at the 2- v8 powered boss hoss's.  We tell what they are and that they have a v8 and she walks away shaking her head saying idiots.  About 10 minutes later they start the beasts up and leave and at least 8 people at 3 different table all start laughing saying stuff like what a joke/waste/POS/couple of morons.

I guess us metric guys are the only one's that get it from the HD crowd.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #43 on: Jun 28, 2009, 11:55:36 pm »
       :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love it man

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #44 on: Jun 29, 2009, 05:46:36 am »
      I stopped at a convenience store for gas.  While I'm at the pump a Harley-powered custom pulled up to the door and this universal image of a Harley rider gets of and goes into the store after making sure we all hear his baffleless pipes a couple times.  He gave me and my bike "damn ricer" look thru the glass door.  I finish filling the tank and start to strap on my helmet.  He comes out of the store with a 2-liter of soda and a six-pack of cheap beer.  He mounts his ride, puts the drinks between his thighs and fires up the beast.  At this point, I think he tries to burn out as he leaves the parking area, but he may have just lost it. Anyway the bike ended up on its right side about 15 feet from the rider.  The 2-liter survived, the beer cans broke open, and the guy had asphault rash in a few places.  He wouldn't take my offer of help, and there were other witnesses, so I just left.  I saved my laughter for a safe distance.