Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 772504 times)

ZEUS67

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #5370 on: Jun 06, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »
When I went to register mine the guy doing the intial screening asked if this is my primary vehicle.   Not wanting to lie and get in trouble with the RMV I said no but looking back on it I should have said yes to avoid the aggravation.  I suppose if you tell them it's your primary vehicle they will do it.  That's what I'm doing for my next appointment in a week. Telling them my car is in the shop or something like that.   Crazy how they did what they did....I wrote a nasty email to the RMV and asked them who determines what's essential and non-essential.....of course....no response

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #5371 on: Jun 06, 2020, 06:16:54 pm »
    When I went to register mine the guy doing the intial screening asked if this is my primary vehicle.   Not wanting to lie and get in trouble with the RMV I said no but looking back on it I should have said yes to avoid the aggravation.  I suppose if you tell them it's your primary vehicle they will do it.  That's what I'm doing for my next appointment in a week. Telling them my car is in the shop or something like that.   Crazy how they did what they did....I wrote a nasty email to the RMV and asked them who determines what's essential and non-essential.....of course....no response

Yeah, but won't they be able to look up any other vehicles registered in your name and know you're lying?   Tell them you have another vehicle, but you'd like to conserve gas/money due the current financial situation caused by COVID. I bet they wouldn't say no to that.

ZEUS67

• Road Star
    « Reply #5372 on: Jun 07, 2020, 08:03:26 am »
    That's the exact reason I didn't lie at my first appointment. I have two cars registered in my name.....mine and the one my son drives.....so I figured they would bag me on that.  Hopefully this time they ease up on the restriction. I know a few people who have made recent appointments and weren't turned away

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5373 on: Jun 07, 2020, 10:21:23 am »
      That's the exact reason I didn't lie at my first appointment. I have two cars registered in my name.....mine and the one my son drives.....so I figured they would bag me on that.  Hopefully this time they ease up on the restriction. I know a few people who have made recent appointments and weren't turned away

GOOD LUCK!

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5374 on: Jun 07, 2020, 09:59:31 pm »
      While on a lunch run to the Texas Roadhouse who recently opened outside only with picnic tables, we were sitting in the shade waiting to be seated when a neighbor walked up and said ya got the Hog out today, eh?  Not knowing her that well for a smart comeback (since she acted like she knew Harleys) I hesitated while she repeated herself to my wife.  I then casually told her it was a Yamaha Star Custom. Ya know, sorta like an overpriced Harley CVO (only thousands less)!   :rotfl: :rotfl:   End of that conversation....   Upon leaving, a Harley rider rolls up on a really nice old Turquoise & silver springer which I admittedly enjoyed riding years ago.  While waiting for our picnic table to be cleared for him, he asked what I had and how big is that motor???   I couldn't help myself but to enlighten him on what a Star Raider is, front to rear!  He was smitten' with all the chrome and metallic orange paint---as am I every time I get her out for a run!!   LOL     :raked:   
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2020, 11:05:31 pm by Sgt Fury »

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....

Dmr83

• V Star
      « Reply #5375 on: Jul 31, 2020, 04:33:32 am »
      Why won't they register vehicles?  And how can they claim a motorcycle is non-essential?  For some that's all they have.
      Mass is run by a bunch of a$$holes, basically when it was all going down if it wasn’t your main vehicle they had the right to deny your application. Any secondary vehicle was considered a non essential.

Dmr83

• V Star
      « Reply #5376 on: Jul 31, 2020, 04:39:06 am »
      While on a lunch run to the Texas Roadhouse who recently opened outside only with picnic tables, we were sitting in the shade waiting to be seated when a neighbor walked up and said ya got the Hog out today, eh?  Not knowing her that well for a smart comeback (since she acted like she knew Harleys) I hesitated while she repeated herself to my wife.  I then casually told her it was a Yamaha Star Custom. Ya know, sorta like an overpriced Harley CVO (only thousands less)!   :rotfl: :rotfl:   End of that conversation....   Upon leaving, a Harley rider rolls up on a really nice old Turquoise & silver springer which I admittedly enjoyed riding years ago.  While waiting for our picnic table to be cleared for him, he asked what I had and how big is that motor???   I couldn't help myself but to enlighten him on what a Star Raider is, front to rear!  He was smitten' with all the chrome and metallic orange paint---as am I every time I get her out for a run!!   LOL     :raked:   
      :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: bet she won’t approach you in public again