Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921308 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #45 on: Jun 29, 2009, 06:18:53 am »
Secure your load.   :o   Oh, crap that would be embarrassing. 
Kick Logic To The Curb!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
    • Raider
    « Reply #46 on: Jun 29, 2009, 06:57:54 am »
    Yeouch.. bet he wont talk about that much.
    "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
    May your road be smooth yet twisty.
    Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
    I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
    And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

T-Bird

• Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #47 on: Jun 29, 2009, 02:44:21 pm »
    Aint it great when the people with the attitude get burned.
    Red meat is not bad for you.
    Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

• Advertisement

SWomack

• Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #48 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »
      Mr. Hot Shot Got Burnt.
      He will never forget that I bet

Starky

• Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #49 on: Jun 29, 2009, 03:41:35 pm »
      Went on a Harley ride this weekend.  Two Harley shops sponsor the ride for sick kids.  It's a very good cause.  Anyway, I don't know how many bikes were there, but it was a lot and of course, about 95% Harleys.  Not one person said anything bad about the Raider.  Even at the Harley shop guys were coming over and looking at it and saying "so that's the Raider huh".  Of all the bikes on the ride, mine was the only Raider and it sure stood out amongst all the black Harleys.  I was really hoping to get someone to make a comment that it was a Yamaha or a rice burner, but it never happened.  Maybe they're learning.
      You can run, but you will only die tired.
      From a place you cannot see comes a sound you will never hear.

dejablu110

• SEA-ROAR MEMBER
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #50 on: Jun 29, 2009, 04:38:02 pm »
      Me and Phil have had our Raiders for about 1 1/2 months and we get people pulling up next to us asking.....what kind of bike is that??? I proudly say it's a YAMAHA :raider:  I even met these 2 old guys that both had  :raider: and they were making me sick with what they were doing to them. They took the emblems off and put HD stuff on them and putting cheap stuff on them.....omg I was SICK They asked about my pipes and I stated I was keeping with the lines of the bike and he said " I am changing the lines!"  They said they tell people that their  :raider: are Harleys.  I told him  " I am PROUD to say it's a YAMAHA!!!" I wear my star loud and proud baby!!!!

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #51 on: Jun 29, 2009, 05:39:16 pm »
      Me and Phil have had our Raiders for about 1 1/2 months and we get people pulling up next to us asking.....what kind of bike is that??? I proudly say it's a YAMAHA :raider:  I even met these 2 old guys that both had  :raider: and they were making me sick with what they were doing to them. They took the emblems off and put HD stuff on them and putting cheap stuff on them.....omg I was SICK They asked about my pipes and I stated I was keeping with the lines of the bike and he said " I am changing the lines!"  They said they tell people that their  :raider: are Harleys.  I told him  " I am PROUD to say it's a YAMAHA!!!" I wear my star loud and proud baby!!!!

+1

I have a Joe Rocket leather that has YAMAHA in big letters front and back.  That doesn't seem to help the Hardly riders much.  I had stopped at a gas station cause it had started to rain.  There... with his son, was another biker (Hardly) getting out of the rain.  He looks over my bike and says.. "Nice bike... who makes it?"

Are you kidding me? 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

krazyburro

« Reply #52 on: Jun 30, 2009, 12:58:51 am »
      Was talking to a guy tonight at my soccer game that was talking about riding to sturgis this summer (he rides a Harley).  he was telling me about his previous trips for about 10 minutes and then asked if I ride.  He asked if I had done any long trips and I told him nothing as far as him.  He asked what kind of bike I ride and when I told him what I ride his tone changed and the conversation began to get negative.  I just let him talk his crap and asked him how many cubic inches his bike was and then told him what mine was with a smile.  He walked away and did not say anything. 

He ended up being on the other team we played against and we both were running at each other to get a loose ball and we got there at the same time.  I ended up laying him out flat and as I was standing over him I reminded him what I ride and the that it would smoke his bike any day of the week. might not have been the right thing to say but  it felt good.  Guys like that get on my nerves............

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #53 on: Jun 30, 2009, 01:18:08 am »
      Well Krazy
      Sounds like you ran into another posser, not a biker.  He was more interested in telling you that he is a Hardley guy.  I am proud to ride my Yamaha and as you already know I am proud of my bike but I don't walk around and say , hi I am Scott and I am a Raider guy.  What a lame ass.  I am sure that he has everything HD including his PJ's lol.  One of the guys at my work just purchased a new Streetglide.  If I was to buy a bagger that would be the bike that I would most likely select.  I am very happy for him because that is all he talked about for years so it was great to see him finally reach his goal.  Five bikes park in front of our office and when I was done with work I went out to my bike and two other guys from my work said who's new Harley.  I told them and they said cool.  They also said that his bike looked like all of the other HD's out there and that they thought that HD's are over rated and that they thought my bike blew his away.  I had to laugh to myself but I just told them thanks.  Once again here are two guys that aren't even into bikes and ITO they like the Raider a lot more.   

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009, 01:46:54 am by SWomack »

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      « Reply #54 on: Jun 30, 2009, 04:19:15 am »
      SNOB REPORT! First time it ever happened to me was yesterday. I was at light when a full dresser with a suite and tie type rolled up. I gave him a nod an a wave. This guy would have drowned if it had started raining just then. He made a fooked up face and his nose up high in the air. :lolsign: Years ago I aspired to get me a Harley.. now days, I pity the fools. Insert the saying " a fool and his money are soon parted "
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009, 10:04:52 am by Madcow »
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #55 on: Jun 30, 2009, 06:54:48 am »
      Was talking to a guy tonight at my soccer game that was talking about riding to sturgis this summer (he rides a Harley).  he was telling me about his previous trips for about 10 minutes and then asked if I ride.  He asked if I had done any long trips and I told him nothing as far as him.  He asked what kind of bike I ride and when I told him what I ride his tone changed and the conversation began to get negative.  I just let him talk his crap and asked him how many cubic inches his bike was and then told him what mine was with a smile.  He walked away and did not say anything. 

He ended up being on the other team we played against and we both were running at each other to get a loose ball and we got there at the same time.  I ended up laying him out flat and as I was standing over him I reminded him what I ride and the that it would smoke his bike any day of the week. might not have been the right thing to say but  it felt good.  Guys like that get on my nerves............

This image poped into my head of Ali standing over Sonny Liston Arms raised...great timing....priceless.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #56 on: Jun 30, 2009, 10:47:10 am »
      BUMP

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #57 on: Jun 30, 2009, 03:04:43 pm »
      I am going on a ride with some other cruisers to include the VN2K from Kawa. I will let you know what I think.
      The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

SWomack

• Raider
      « Reply #58 on: Jun 30, 2009, 10:24:29 pm »
      Is that it ?
      Those are all the stories we are going to get  :D :D :D :D
      I know there a lot more good ones  :D :D :D
      Swomack

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #59 on: Jul 01, 2009, 06:50:16 am »
      ok, I got one more.  Last weekend when I was at Fatboys we're grabbing some chow on the patio and I'm with my buddy with a nighttrain.  About an hour goes by and this group of relatively hot looking biker chicks pull in and are checking out our bikes.  His nighttrain didn't even manage to get a look while they were checking out the raider from every angle (the raider is still relatively rare to see around here in MN.  I've only seen one on the road while riding over the last year).  Kinda make you glad your not part of the herd like my buddy and his nighttrain.  There were only 6 nighttrains in the lot of about 30 bikes so people don't even bother looking at them.  I could see the disappointment on his face.   :D
      Kick Logic To The Curb!