Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921310 times)

TheGhostRaider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • My corvette web site
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #1065 on: May 15, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »
Just got home from a nice morning ride...little chilly but nice.  Love my new map so far...have about 200 miles on it.  Just before heading home I stopped by the local autoparts store to pick up some locktite gel for putting my L&M Full Wrap back on.  BTW riding without the front fender kicks ass but really sucks if you hit a puddle.

So I come out of the autoparts shop and this guy ask..."is that a harley".  I reply that its a Yamaha and the guy litterally lights up.  "Yamaha makes the best stuff.  Their Guitars & Pianos are the best...so much better than fenders."  I'm assuming he was a musician and was about to ask when he asks me about the size and power and if its loud.  I said its not too loud at Idle but scares the crap outta people when I get on it.  I fire it up and show him...when i rev it I see movement in the store and there are 2 clerks and two customers with their faces pressed against the windows checking out the bike making the racket.  I was grinning the whole way home.  ;D

Some how I think the two of you would tune your yamaha's differently   ;D
It's better to die fast than live slow

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #1066 on: May 15, 2011, 05:36:20 pm »
    Just got home from a nice morning ride...little chilly but nice.  Love my new map so far...have about 200 miles on it.  Just before heading home I stopped by the local autoparts store to pick up some locktite gel for putting my L&M Full Wrap back on.  BTW riding without the front fender kicks ass but really sucks if you hit a puddle.

So I come out of the autoparts shop and this guy ask..."is that a harley".  I reply that its a Yamaha and the guy litterally lights up.  "Yamaha makes the best stuff.  Their Guitars & Pianos are the best...so much better than fenders."  I'm assuming he was a musician and was about to ask when he asks me about the size and power and if its loud.  I said its not too loud at Idle but scares the crap outta people when I get on it.  I fire it up and show him...when i rev it I see movement in the store and there are 2 clerks and two customers with their faces pressed against the windows checking out the bike making the racket.  I was grinning the whole way home.  ;D

I forgot to add this but when I told him it was a Yami he says...its so much nicer than a harley.   ;D
    Kick Logic To The Curb!

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #1067 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »

Yeah, but they both make sweet music!

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #1068 on: May 16, 2011, 01:05:41 pm »

Ok... Yamaha rules the land and sea... now, they just need to make an altra-light!!    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1069 on: May 17, 2011, 01:17:38 am »

Ok... Yamaha rules the land and sea... now, they just need to make an altra-light!!    ;D

You must be getting old and driving way too slow or that red paint is just too heavy.  When I get going down the highway mine flys, so I guess it is an ultra-light. ;D ;D ;D
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1070 on: May 17, 2011, 08:01:35 am »

You must be getting old and driving way too slow or that red paint is just too heavy.  When I get going down the highway mine flys, so I guess it is an ultra-light. ;D ;D ;D

Wrong kind of flies buddy....
      you're Raven is so slow that even the flies can keep up.    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

July 2009

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1071 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:24 pm »

Wrong kind of flies buddy....
      you're Raven is so slow that even the flies can keep up.    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dont forget Alakan flies and mosquitos are the size of F16s and make full throttle jets look like they are standing still. ;) ;D :P
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1072 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:38 am »
      Copied this from the "Who rode today" thread......

Rode down to N. Myrtle Beach for the last day of bike week . A lot more bikes than the last two years!! When I started home I pulled into a gas station to grab a coke and there are a bunch of guys and gals standing around their bikes. ( Harleys ) When I come out one of the guys calls out and says man that is a slick Rocker! I smiled and said Not hardly... it's a yamaha Raider and thanks. So another guy starts laughing and says yamaha haha, I bet my sportster will eat that jap shit alive haha. I stopped and turned and looked the idiot dead in the eye and told him first of all " IF you wanted to really eat some shit keep running your mouth because not only will my raider out run your crying chicken sporty but just to put an exclamation point on it I'll pluck it too.
       All of his friends burst out laughing at him and his buddy ( the one who complimented me) told him to let it go because from the looks of that engine you don't want to mess with it.
       So thinking it's over I get on my bike and pull out onto #9 and head home. About 2 miles down the road here they all come. They catch up to me ( I'm just cruising about 50mph) and Mr. Sporty pulls up into the lane next to me revs his engine and smiles and nods. I keep my pace and ride until I see a side road coming up and motion for him to turn there. He did and after 2 very quick lessons in humiliation, he caught a lot of ribbing and picking from his friends.
       The cool guy told me that regardless of what brand bike that is it's bad as Hell, Damn that thing is fast. Then he tell Sporty he has to ride at the back of the pack all the way home. He looks at me and says stay safe Bro, and don't let that raider get away from ya and then they all smiled and nodded,  ( except MR. sporty )  pulled back onto the rode and left me to my very happy and satisfied ride home.   
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:33:26 am by Mr. T »

July 2009

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1073 on: May 23, 2011, 11:39:51 am »
      Went on our local Motorcycle Awareness ride and ended at a BBQ place in Cavecreek, AZ.  When it was time to leave we were heading over to our bikes and there are two guys there I had never seen before looking over my Raider and my wife's Stryker.  So as I'm walking up I say "Okay, what bad-mouthing are you doing about our bikes?" and one of the guys immediately says "No bad-mouthing at all. They're both gorgeous."  Then they ask all the usual questions (size, model, etc).  Then one of the guys who had been drooling over both bikes a few weeks back comes over and adds his comments (all positive) and then some more people came up and joined in.  Finally one of them said something I found hilarious... "Don't the two of you get tired of all the attention you get over these bikes?"   My answer was "No way and I even explained how we have a spot on this forum how we're always bragging about it.

Earlier one of the women riders told me she was bummed because her girlfriend (or at least I'm assuming that's who she was) likes my Raider best out of every bike there. I told her I felt the same way.  They just laughed.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1074 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:06 am »

Rode down to N. Myrtle Beach for the last day of bike week . A lot more bikes than the last two years!! When I started home I pulled into a gas station to grab a coke and there are a bunch of guys and gals standing around their bikes. ( Harleys ) When I come out one of the guys calls out and says man that is a slick Rocker! I smiled and said Not hardly... it's a yamaha Raider and thanks. So another guy starts laughing and says yamaha haha, I bet my sportster will eat that jap shit alive haha. I stopped and turned and looked the idiot dead in the eye and told him first of all " IF you wanted to really eat some shit keep running your mouth because not only will my raider out run your crying chicken sporty but just to put an exclamation point on it I'll pluck it too.
       All of his friends burst out laughing at him and his buddy ( the one who complimented me) told him to let it go because from the looks of that engine you don't want to mess with it.
       So thinking it's over I get on my bike and pull out onto #9 and head home. About 2 miles down the road here they all come. They catch up to me ( I'm just cruising about 50mph) and Mr. Sporty pulls up into the lane next to me revs his engine and smiles and nods. I keep my pace and ride until I see a side road coming up and motion for him to turn there. He did and after 2 very quick lessons in humiliation, he caught a lot of ribbing and picking from his friends.
       The cool guy told me that regardless of what brand bike that is it's bad as Hell, Damn that thing is fast. Then he tell Sporty he has to ride at the back of the pack all the way home. He looks at me and says stay safe Bro, and don't let that raider get away from ya and then they all smiled and nodded,  ( except MR. sporty )  pulled back onto the rode and left me to my very happy and satisfied ride home.   

That is one great story!!!

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #1075 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:22 am »
      Dont forget Alakan flies and mosquitos are the size of F16s and make full throttle jets look like they are standing still.   
         It's official then, Red must be pretty **** fast since I caught up and smashed the **** out of most of them in Alaska. Didn't I? I thought I did anyway. I know for a FACT it was the slower BLACK bugs that couldn't out run me. :raider: ;D I'm going for a long slooooow walk with my little 3lb. red rodent Furby to loosen up new knee.  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:38:54 pm by gostr8r »
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #1076 on: May 23, 2011, 12:13:31 pm »

That is one great story!!!

Agreed ...

I've come to realization that I am a very slow rider. Everyone I ride with gets out in front of me in a hurry - regardless of the bike. I'll just continue to be the bike that looks like they should fear it.

A quick stop in for gas yesterday found me sitting across from a Harley. A very nice guy. But he comes out immediately after looking at the bike and says "Bet you don't have one of these?" pointing to his cup holder. I laughed and said, no because coffee is usually my first destination. If I brought one with me, my first stop at Timmies wouldn't be needed.

He then went on with the usual questions, size, cost .... etc. As we were ready to leave, he gave me the thumbs up and told me it was an evil looking ride!  That line comes second to the hot admin assistant at work describing the bike as pure sexy.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1077 on: May 23, 2011, 12:22:28 pm »
      He then went on with the usual questions, size, cost .... etc. As we were ready to leave, he gave me the thumbs up and told me it was an evil looking ride!  That line comes second to the hot admin assistant at work describing the bike as pure sexy.

Both are great descriptions!

LostDog

« Reply #1078 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:30 pm »

Glad you reposted this here. I would've hated to miss it! ;D

Sandbox

• Roadliner
      « Reply #1079 on: May 23, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »
      I was following the wife to dinner last night and she had to stop and get gas. So, while she was waiting in line to get gas, I pulled up in front of the store to wait. As I pulled up, there was guy standing there and a Super Glide parked in front. I knodded at him and proceeded to back the Raider up to the curb.

Well, the guy comes up and just starts talking to me about the Raider. He even knew what it was because he had a buddy that had one. Dude, was pretty cool. Didn't bad mouth it at all. In fact, he loved his Super Glide (he said it had 32k miles on it) but, had nothing but bad things to say about his previous Harley.

Current: 2006 Stratoliner
      SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper