Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921298 times)

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #1155 on: Jun 09, 2011, 10:29:08 am »
It was a Yamaha Venture that you were thinking of. The big Vulcan is and always will be a Kawasaki model line. They have many Vulcans in their cruiser list of bikes. Still a good story tho.
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #1156 on: Jun 09, 2011, 10:32:59 am »
    OH yes.. your right it was a cow.. DOH!!
    "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
    May your road be smooth yet twisty.
    Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
    I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
    And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

SLK

• Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #1157 on: Jun 09, 2011, 11:55:10 pm »
    I had several of the "Oh it's a Yamaha" moments today. all were positive.  The first was a guy who asked me where my harley was today.  I told him I don't own a harley I have a Yamaha.  Are you sure he asked yes I replied.  He was amazed so i told him all the benefits and he said he was going to have to go to the Yamaha shop.  The second started the same way.  His response was so traded in you last harley for this cool yamaha, No I sold my last bike another Yamaha to my daughter and son-in-law and bought this Yamaha.  He said wow, both were Yamahas that is cool, my last bike was a Yamaha, I am going to have to go to the Yamaha dealership.   Then at the post office an older couple parked next to me, the lady who was driving just kept looking at the bike and grinning, gave me a thumbs up and a smile and waved as I left.  Never said word to me nor I to her.
    SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #1158 on: Jun 10, 2011, 09:15:16 am »
      I had several of the "Oh it's a Yamaha" moments today. all were positive.  The first was a guy who asked me where my harley was today.  I told him I don't own a harley I have a Yamaha.  Are you sure he asked yes I replied.  He was amazed so i told him all the benefits and he said he was going to have to go to the Yamaha shop.  The second started the same way.  His response was so traded in you last harley for this cool yamaha, No I sold my last bike another Yamaha to my daughter and son-in-law and bought this Yamaha.  He said wow, both were Yamahas that is cool, my last bike was a Yamaha, I am going to have to go to the Yamaha dealership.   Then at the post office an older couple parked next to me, the lady who was driving just kept looking at the bike and grinning, gave me a thumbs up and a smile and waved as I left.  Never said word to me nor I to her.

Wow... just how does someone have to be for Santa to consider them "an older couple"?    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

blaine563

• 2009 Silver Raider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #1159 on: Jun 15, 2011, 11:12:51 am »
      Rolled in to have a coffee at a local bike spot. Got talking with a little guy that walked over to eyeball my bike. He says, what is that? I tell him. He says, Oh a "Yammer", how much did you pay for that? Irritating, but I tell him. Then he blurts out that he only paid $10,500 for his bike. I look over at his filthy 10 year old flat black Sportster, look back at him, see the belligerent look in his eyes, see that he has no less than 3 HD pins on the front of his vest and 2 HD patches, a HD head scarf, and HD belt buckle.  Asked him if he liked his bike? He loves it. Keeps yapping about it. He tells me he's put 4500 miles on it with no problems. Talked about his Harley for a few more minutes, finished my coffee and took off. Couldn't resist and let her rip a bit as I left the parking lot. Broke the rear tire loose and barked the pipes a little. ;D ;D ;D

WTF? How do you talk to someone like that?  :wtf:

Anyway, to each his own. I'll keep my "expensive" Yamaha, thanks!!! :) :raider: :)

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight"

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #1160 on: Jun 15, 2011, 11:17:31 am »

I would've mentioned the almost 40,000 miles I have on my Raider.  Close to 10 times what he has on a 10 year old bike.

I'm kind of suprised he was so proud of a Sporty.  The only people that ride them in my local group are women.  I have yet to find a guy on a Sportster.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1161 on: Jun 15, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »
      I probably would have started out with looking at his bike and saying something like....  "Oh.. isn't that just the cutest little thing but... somebody saw you comng if you paid anywhere near that much for that thing". 

Then find out he has put on a whopping 4.5K miles on it I would probably have said something along the lines of... Oh, so you bought an ATB? (Around-The_Blocker). That kinda makes sense... that way, when it breaks down... you don't have far to push it home.     

July 2009

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Sandbox

• Roadliner
      « Reply #1162 on: Jun 15, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »

I would've mentioned the almost 40,000 miles I have on my Raider.  Close to 10 times what he has on a 10 year old bike.

I'm kind of suprised he was so proud of a Sporty.  The only people that ride them in my local group are women.  I have yet to find a guy on a Sportster.

Only guys I see on Sportsters are guys that buy them as their first bike.
      Current: 2006 Stratoliner
      SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #1163 on: Jun 15, 2011, 12:46:16 pm »
      No offense but Sportsters rock. They are agile, quick and loads of fun. Anyone who knocks them probably has issues with their manhood.
      The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

Sandbox

• Roadliner
      « Reply #1164 on: Jun 15, 2011, 12:53:13 pm »
      No offense but Sportsters rock. They are agile, quick and loads of fun. Anyone who knocks them probably has issues with their manhood.

I don't know if this was directed at any one specifically but, I wasn't knocking them. In fact, I've never ridden one. I have sat on several though and personally, I find them very uncomfortable. And every dude I've spoken with that rides a Sporster, it is either his first bike or a cheap way for him to get on a HD. And no, I have no issues with my manhood :-*
      Current: 2006 Stratoliner
      SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

blaine563

• 2009 Silver Raider
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #1165 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »
      This guy reminded me of one of those yappy little dogs that won't shut up no matter what you do. All those thoughts ran through my head at the time like  - Really, you're comparing your little sporty with my ride? - but when I figured out that he wasn't going to let me get a word in edgewise, and when I looked at his rattle can paint job and month old bugs, I realised it just wasn't worth it. In the end we parted with him feeling justified and happy about his bike, and me too. I did catch him looking a little green when i sparked up the Raider. The only F#$% off I needed to say was said with my back tire as I left.

Good fun really!!! ;D ;D ;D

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight"

shadowrider43

• "Above All Family"
      • Warrior
      « Reply #1166 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:18:20 pm »
      I have been amazed by how many guys around here are driving around on sportys they must have had a clearance sale this year.  I usually start my conversations asking if there bike is in the shop and when asked why do I ask I'll end with why else would you be riding around on your wife's bike.  I myself have been challenged by a few not so educated challengers and they all end in embarassment.

bravo364

• V Star
      « Reply #1167 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:32:50 pm »

Must be presonal preference. I transported one for a friend as she bought a bike and had never ridden one before and I found it extremely uncomfortable, under powered and top heavy. The minute I went into a turn it felt like the fuel tank wanted to take a dive at the ground. the factory positioning of pegs and seat made me feel like I was on a moped...

Maybe it was the fact that I was stuck riding in basketball shorts and tennis shoes that made me feel more like a tool than the bike itself?!?  :P...Na! It was the bike!  ;D

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1168 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:53:55 pm »

I rode one... granted, many years ago but, it was a POS.

July 2009

shadowrider43

• "Above All Family"
      • Warrior
      « Reply #1169 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:06:01 pm »
      No issues with manhood here!  In my experience everyone and I mean everyone that I have met with a Sporty first usually had a bad attitude toward metric bikes to start with, always thought because they rode an HD they were a BAD ASS Biker even though this one was probably their first bike lastly always ended in a challenge against my metric bike, and ALWAYS ended in embarrassingmoment for them.  No I have nothing against Harley riders to each their own I choose to ride what I choose to ride based on my likes or dislikes, I do not like riders with attitudes especially ones who think they are better than others because of their brand.