Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921301 times)

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #1170 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:23:55 pm »
No offense but Sportsters rock. They are agile, quick and loads of fun. Anyone who knocks them probably has issues with their manhood.

I don't know if this was directed at any one specifically but, I wasn't knocking them. In fact, I've never ridden one. I have sat on several though and personally, I find them very uncomfortable. And every dude I've spoken with that rides a Sporster, it is either his first bike or a cheap way for him to get on a HD. And no, I have no issues with my manhood :-*

No issues with manhood here!  In my experience everyone and I mean everyone that I have met with a Sporty first usually had a bad attitude toward metric bikes to start with, always thought because they rode an HD they were a BAD ASS Biker even though this one was probably their first bike lastly always ended in a challenge against my metric bike, and ALWAYS ended in embarrassingmoment for them.  No I have nothing against Harley riders to each their own I choose to ride what I choose to ride based on my likes or dislikes, I do not like riders with attitudes especially ones who think they are better than others because of their brand.

Taken from an article written in 2009...
"Of the 57,000 or so Sportsters sold last year, 75 percent of them were sold to buyers who were purchasing their first Harley-Davidson".
http://www.baggersmag.com/features/0406hrb_2004_harley_davidson_xl1200c_sportster/index.html

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Sandbox

• Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #1171 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:46:47 pm »
    Alot of young military guys buy them after a tour in a warzone tour through mlitary sales too.
    Current: 2006 Stratoliner
    SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #1172 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »
    I'm confused... That article states at the tope "From the February, 2009 issue of Baggers Mag", but they're reviewing an '04 Sportster.  Why?

• Advertisement

Tail dragger

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #1173 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:57:00 pm »
      I have a friend with a Sportster (very low miles and is a 2006) and I don't like it at all.  Vibrates too much, hard clutch with bad release, top heavy and with those mid pegs, eats my legs up everytime I put my foot down.  I know that I am used to the Raider but to me there is just no comparison.  Have to admit they do look good, but I want something that is a pleasure to ride and the Raider is that and more.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #1174 on: Jun 15, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »
      It had been a few years since I was on a Sprotster, so when my neighbor bought one last year, I had to check it out.  I could not believe how small it felt.  Maybe it's because of my 6'2" frame, but they seem like toys, as do alot of other bikes, not just Sporty's.  Heck, even my buddies Duece Screamin Beagle feels tiny.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #1175 on: Jun 15, 2011, 03:07:38 pm »
      I'm confused... That article states at the tope "From the February, 2009 issue of Baggers Mag", but they're reviewing an '04 Sportster.  Why?

It took them that long to find one that was still in working order?    :shrug:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1176 on: Jun 15, 2011, 04:32:51 pm »

It took them that long to find one that was still in working order?    :shrug:

That was good. I actually chuckled out loud (at work).

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1177 on: Jun 15, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
      It had been a few years since I was on a Sprotster, so when my neighbor bought one last year, I had to check it out.  I could not believe how small it felt.  Maybe it's because of my 6'2" frame, but they seem like toys, as do alot of other bikes, not just Sporty's.  Heck, even my buddies Duece Screamin Beagle feels tiny.

That's how I felt about my wife's V-Star 650.

So reading all these comments about the Sportster makes me realize how many guys with manhood issues there are.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #1178 on: Jun 15, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »
      Had a new XLC years ago...not a fan.  One of the happiest days of my lilfe was the day that POS was stolen.  If only there was a raider back then.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #1179 on: Jun 15, 2011, 08:35:44 pm »
      My first HD was a fully chopped and custom '57 XL. I was sooooo proud of it that I couldn't wait to see the reaction of all the other tired iron bikers in the hood when they finally saw it. Well I got a real surprise when one of them walked over too it, while I wasn't standing by it, and whipped it out and **** in the new Corbin seat that it had on it.  :o It was his way of saying 'Why didn't you get a real Harley you wuss!' I found out that it was him so I opened up the door to his brand new truck, that he drove up in that night, when he wasn't standing close by and peed all over his nice fresh new interior starting and finishing at the drivers seat. Amazingly he took it as a gesture that I wasn't intimidated by him or his bigger bike and we eventually became very close friends. Funny thing happened a few years later tho at a big rally that had mostly armed and dangerous 1%er's in attendance. He [same guy, nicknamed Garbage] unloaded his sidearm [at least 6 shots] straight up from the front row at a strippers dance show on the outdoor stage, and each bullet missed me by only inches as I layed as narrow as possible and screamed at the top of my lungs from the tree branch over his head. He didn't know I had climbed up there to avoid the biker magazine photog's that kept putting my picture with all the nude girls in in their rags 3 years in a row. I could feel the air blasts when each bullet flew past my body.  :whew:  I should have had a Raider!
      « Last Edit: Jun 15, 2011, 08:38:45 pm by gostr8r »
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      « Reply #1180 on: Jun 16, 2011, 08:46:38 am »
      YIKES!!!
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1181 on: Jun 16, 2011, 09:55:24 am »
      Damn Gostr8r!  I would love to just sit down over some beers and listen to some of these stories. Though I may have nightmares after some of them. You definitely haven't lived a boring life.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1182 on: Jun 16, 2011, 10:05:08 am »
      Damn Gostr8r!  I would love to just sit down over some beers and listen to some of these stories. Though I may have nightmares after some of them. You definitely haven't lived a boring life.

Word of advice, you will want to have more than a few. It's worth a week of beers to hear this man's stories!  :cheers:

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #1183 on: Jun 16, 2011, 10:13:27 am »

Word of advice, you will want to have more than a few. It's worth a week of beers to hear this man's stories!  :cheers:

I can imagine.  Maybe I'll just order a couple kegs. 

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #1184 on: Jun 16, 2011, 12:33:40 pm »
      In the hours I rode and chatted with Ray when he rode through Minnesota we heard a lot of his stories.  I gotta say he could write a couple of books about the crazy sh$% he's seen.  Good stories.  ;D
      Kick Logic To The Curb!