Author Topic: Oh It's A Yamaha  (Read 921311 times)

LostDog

Re: Oh It's A Yamaha
« Reply #315 on: Feb 28, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »
When you check the mc classifieds on a major newspaper like the St. Louis Post Dispatch, there may be 90 bike beings offered with 75 of them Harleys.

You'll see an '06 or '07 listed and they're asking 19,900 21,900 and wondering why no one is calling. It's the same way in all of the regional "Shopper" mags.

What happens is that they look at the money they've got into the bike and wonder to themselves. . . man, what have I done?

They owe more on their bikes than they're worth.

That's not possible! Don't believe it? Ask a HD owner that's not trying to sell his! Most will swear it's worth more than the day they bought it  :rotfl:

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

NorthTxRaider

• LEGALIZE FREEDOM OR FACE REVOLT!
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 42
      • United States Raider Owners And Riders Association
    « Reply #316 on: Feb 28, 2010, 11:20:09 pm »
    Ony as long as HD can drive/demand a premium price on new ones, and keep guaranteeing trade in value on used ones.... and we already know...

DAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!
    That's not possible! Don't believe it? Ask a HD owner that's not trying to sell his! Most will swear it's worth more than the day they bought it  :rotfl:

LostDog

« Reply #317 on: Feb 28, 2010, 11:27:46 pm »
    Ony as long as HD can drive/demand a premium price on new ones, and keep guaranteeing trade in value on used ones.... and we already know...

DAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!

Hey, let them dream! Remember what happened when you found out there wasn't a Santy Claus? Could you live with yourself if you did THAT to a HD owner?

• Advertisement

RedStar Raider

• WARR MEMBER
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #318 on: Mar 01, 2010, 12:47:23 am »

DAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!

Hey, let them dream! Remember what happened when you found out there wasn't a Santy Claus? Could you live with yourself if you did THAT to a HD owner?
      YEAH!! :D :D :D
      RedStar Raider             FOUR WHEELS MOVE YOUR BODY, TWO WHEELS MOVE YOUR SOUL.

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #319 on: Mar 01, 2010, 06:45:28 am »
      Yesterday I was at my local leather shop getting a jacket worked on. While there I hear this guy talking about his 2003 Harley something or other that he is trying to sell. A couple of other Harley owners strike up a conversation with him and he proceeds to tell them its a 2003 with new cams, chain, tension ..ect ect ect.. "yea" he says " that's the second time i had to do that"...??? Something to do with a plastic tention-er that broke? One of the other guys says, " yea, that happened to my 2005 something or other Harley.  Cost me 3k to get it fixed. "... The first guy bout had a heart attack because that is the same model bike he is going to buy. He walked away with a sour look on his face.

Later, after I got my coat back and was at the check out, he starts to chat with me about chaps, gloves and cold weather riding. Of course the subject of what kind of bike I was riding came up and I just said Raider. Quizzed he scruched up his face so, I nodded toward the window he was standing beside and said " the shinny silver one. It's a 1.9 liter. " His mouth bout hit the floor when he looked out then he spins back and says " wow, is that an S&S custom? "  I smiled and said " No, its made by star motorcycles. " He made a bee line for the door and out to give my " custom " a once over. I swelled with pride as half the other guys in the store followed. It was a true love fest...lol. Only took a second for someone to spot the Yamma slamma emblem and the head scratching began.. ;D    Loads of " wows, cools and shweet's "  and " man those jap bikes are getting better and better "

Ahh good times!
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2010, 10:31:58 am by Madcow »
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

LostDog

« Reply #320 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:17:33 am »
      Yesterday I was at my local leather shop getting a jacket worked on. While there I hear this guy talking about his 2003 harley somthing or other that he is trying to sell. A couple of other harley owners strike up a conversation with him and he proceeds to tell them its a 2003 with new cams, chain, tentioner ..ect ect ect.. "yea" he says " that's the second time i had to do that"...??? Something to do with a plastic tentioner that broke? One of the other guys says, " yea, that happened to my 2005 something or other harley.  Cost me 3k to get it fixed. "... The first guy bout had a heart attack because that is the same model bike he is going to buy. He walked away with a sour look on his face.

Later, after I got my coat back and was at the check out, he starts to chat with me about chaps, gloves and cold weather riding. Of corse the subject of what kind of bike I was riding came up and I just said Raider. Quizzled he scruched up his face so, I nodded tward the window he was standing beside and said " the shinny silver one. It's a 1.9 liter. " His mouth bout hit the floor when he looked out then he spins back and says " wow, is that an S&S custom? "  I smiled and said " No, its made by star motorcycles. " He made a bee line for the door and out to give my " custom " a once over. I swelled with pride as half the other guys in the store followed. It was a true love fest...lol. Only took a second for someone to spot the Yamma slamma emblem and the head scratching began.. ;D    Loads of " wow's, cool's and shweet's "  and " man those jap bikes are getting better and better "

Ahh good times!

:thumbs: Ya gotta love it when those type actually give credit where it's due!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #321 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
      Yesterday I was at my local leather shop getting a jacket worked on. While there I hear this guy talking about his 2003 harley somthing or other that he is trying to sell. A couple of other harley owners strike up a conversation with him and he proceeds to tell them its a 2003 with new cams, chain, tentioner ..ect ect ect.. "yea" he says " that's the second time i had to do that"...??? Something to do with a plastic tentioner that broke? One of the other guys says, " yea, that happened to my 2005 something or other harley.  Cost me 3k to get it fixed. "... The first guy bout had a heart attack because that is the same model bike he is going to buy. He walked away with a sour look on his face.

Later, after I got my coat back and was at the check out, he starts to chat with me about chaps, gloves and cold weather riding. Of corse the subject of what kind of bike I was riding came up and I just said Raider. Quizzled he scruched up his face so, I nodded tward the window he was standing beside and said " the shinny silver one. It's a 1.9 liter. " His mouth bout hit the floor when he looked out then he spins back and says " wow, is that an S&S custom? "  I smiled and said " No, its made by star motorcycles. " He made a bee line for the door and out to give my " custom " a once over. I swelled with pride as half the other guys in the store followed. It was a true love fest...lol. Only took a second for someone to spot the Yamma slamma emblem and the head scratching began.. ;D    Loads of " wow's, cool's and shweet's "  and " man those jap bikes are getting better and better "

Ahh good times!

Killer story!!!  I've had a numbr of Harley owners going crazy over my Raider. "Wow! What is that?".  My father-in-law that's a diehard Harley guy looked like he was going to pass out when I told him 113 cubic inches.

Now someone fill me in on this "There ain't no Santa Claus" rumor.

ryaninetyone

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #322 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:27:27 am »
      You guys know how sometimes you buy something and then later you say "Man I shoulda got the other one." Well that never happened here. I planned on one day getting a Raider since it first came out and then finally got one. Every week I find new reasons to feel more and more happy about my purchase! We are gonna have a long life together.

LostDog

« Reply #323 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:31:40 am »

Killer story!!!  I've had a numbr of Harley owners going crazy over my Raider. "Wow! What is that?".  My father-in-law that's a diehard Harley guy looked like he was going to pass out when I told him 113 cubic inches.

Now someone fill me in on this "There ain't no Santa Claus" rumor.

Ah heck, you know there's a Santa Claus! How else would you explain the Raiders  ;D

gman

« Reply #324 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:07:11 am »
      I got my bomber covers on. No badges left on my bike other than the tuning bars on the Speedo. I like to keep'em guessing. I've watched people look over my bike without figuring out the make. I like it that way.

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
      • AZ Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #325 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:33:05 am »
      I was at RUB BBQ in the Rio at Vegas and this friendly lady sitting next to me had on a Harley t-shirt. I asked her if she rode a Harley and she replied, "Of course, why would anyone ride anything else?" Well, I was a couple of beers into my ribs and before I could stop myself, said "Because I didn't want to settle for less of a bike." She quipped, "Oh, what do you ride?" I told her Raider and she asked what I meant...I stated more cubes, more HP, more torque, better handling, better design and manufacturing, less maintenance, more reliable and about half the price. Then I asked, "Why would I settle for a Harley?" Now here comes the punch line.....wait for it.....wait a little longer......gotta build the tension for this...............she told me "You wouldn't understand."   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
      What's to understand?

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #326 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:38:10 am »
       :funnypost:  Hilarious!!   

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      « Reply #327 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:40:20 am »
      heheh. Oh Ive never heard that one before...  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D    :P :P :P
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
      • AZ Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #328 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:49:56 am »
      Madcow and MrT: You'll like this one too then. I've taken all badging off my sled except for the engine medallion and the tuning forks on the speedo. A guy asked me, "What kind of Harley is this anyway?" I told him it was a Harley on steroids....MY FAVORITE LINE!!!

Vintage

• Raider
      « Reply #329 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:56:25 am »
      My response to a thinly veiled insult from a Harley rider is simple.

"Why would I want to pay more for less?"
      Evil Galactic Overlord - The Yoda of PhotoShop - Mac-Daddy -

The Other White Meat - It's a Dog eat Dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear.....

http://creativegraphx.com/patches/bike-patches.html