Author Topic: Warrior rear pulley?  (Read 3849 times)

venom207

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • Venom Ink Tattoo
Warrior rear pulley?
« on: Jun 29, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »
Does anyone know if the 70 tooth 1 1/4 rear pulley will fit our Raiders?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

bhodge

• www.tejasmotorsports.com
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 1
      • Tejas Motorsports
    Re: Warrior rear pulley?
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2011, 10:31:29 pm »
    I don't think so, but I will take some measurements tomorrow.

Brent

venom207

• Road Star
      • Venom Ink Tattoo
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2011, 05:46:57 am »
    Thanks Brent

• Advertisement

Floridaliner

• Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:44:30 am »
       Some of you may remember FXSTIEN, he did a lot of trick work to his Warrior and Strat.  I do know that he ran a Warrior rear wheel on his Strat. 

You can give him a message over on his V-Max forums.

Say Brent, when you check this post can you offer some insight on brake discs that will fit on a Raider fornt wheel, I have read the 04-05 R-6 and 09 Warrior will fit ?

Or if you have some take-offs around your shop you can part with.........

If you see this big white race striped Rhinoceros comin at ya, ya might want to scooch over

Unchained V-Twin

• Saving for a cruiser
      • Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:38:13 am »
      I know dchertz swapped-out his rear pulley. Perhaps he'd know.

CLICK HERE to send a private message(PM) to dchertz, as needed.

Marc

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2021, 09:09:55 pm »
      10 yrs later... Will a warrior pulley fit the raider?
      American citizens authorize the govt, not the other way around.

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2021, 11:31:24 pm »
      The world may never know. 10yrs later and no answer from over 5K Raider owners? I guess there is no way to find out.

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2021, 06:14:55 am »
      IIRC, the only rear pulley that will direct fit is the Stratoliner/Roadliner one, which has more teeth than the Raider stock one => in case you like to accelerate faster.

Few years ago, I replaced the stock rear pulley with a Sportster one (you just need some spacers ..), but this cause the oposite effect, as the Sportster one has less teeth that the Raider one (61T vs 66T) => in case you need lower rpm when cruising.
      My life it's an endless fight against maturity.
      "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2021, 07:30:23 am »
      Yeah, just looking at finally getting around to swapping. warrior pulleys are cheaper, 70T just like strat, and also come stock in black. but are narrower so they are 1.25 belt width, etc.. Just cant find anything at all that talks about fitment , bolt pattern, etc... finding them on ebay for $50. I may just grab one and hold it till next tire change and see. (and i did read/search every post i could find before reviving this old thing... also scoured the google for a few hours. nada)

really what i want is a 30T front so I dont need to change the belt at all. cant find that either. For me, this also potentially solves another problem where my rear fender isnt stock, and going up on the rear "might" raise the belt enough that it gets into my fender... the stock 66T is already that close, close enough i think 70 might be a problem... if the top of the belt goes up 1/4" during a squat/compression, it would become a "thing" on my bike...

Zekester

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2021, 05:46:13 am »
      IIRC, the only rear pulley that will direct fit is the Stratoliner/Roadliner one, which has more teeth than the Raider stock one => in case you like to accelerate faster.

Few years ago, I replaced the stock rear pulley with a Sportster one (you just need some spacers ..), but this cause the oposite effect, as the Sportster one has less teeth that the Raider one (61T vs 66T) => in case you need lower rpm when cruising.

What year Sportster did the pulley come from?  Or are all belt drive pulleys from the Sportster the same?   No belt change necessary with that mod?  Thanks.
      Zeke
      USMC
      1971-1973
      2012 SCL #8

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2021, 12:49:38 am »

What year Sportster did the pulley come from?  Or are all belt drive pulleys from the Sportster the same?   No belt change necessary with that mod?  Thanks.

I don't remember exactly, but could be that all rear pulleys are the same, for Sportster. The belt has to be changed also, it is a 1 1/8 wide, narrower than the Raider stock one.
      "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

Zekester

• Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2021, 03:44:09 am »
      Thanks for the info. Marcelmot! :raider:
      Zeke
      USMC
      1971-1973
      2012 SCL #8

marcelmot

• Roadliner
      « Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2021, 06:55:34 am »
      Thanks for the info. Marcelmot! :raider:

you are welcome. If you need more, I can give you all details.

LeaderDuece

• There is no substitute for power. Raw nasty power.
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #13 on: Jun 29, 2021, 06:36:42 pm »
      So, I had my bike slip out from under me on grass and the pulley was screwed. The lip on the rear chipped off in several places.

I had a road star 1700 pulley laying around, so I mounted it straight up. Same height, same bolt holes etc. FYI, it’s actually a bit taller, as a recall, than the Warrior pulley. I know this because I put one on my Warrior. They’re the same tooth count, I just like the looks of it better.

I have an electrical issue with the rear lights to track down, then I will mount it up and see if the stock belt works. I’m not really wanting to do it, I don’t want to be quicker off the line, I’d rather have lower RPMs.

I my just trade someone if they would rather have it instead of their stock pulley.

I’ll let you know if the stock belt works. It might, there’s a lot of movement forward on the rear axle to give more belt to go around the larger pulley.

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2021, 06:45:09 pm »
      So, I had my bike slip out from under me on grass and the pulley was screwed. The lip on the rear chipped off in several places.

I had a road star 1700 pulley laying around, so I mounted it straight up. Same height, same bolt holes etc. FYI, it’s actually a bit taller, as a recall, than the Warrior pulley. I know this because I put one on my Warrior. They’re the same tooth count, I just like the looks of it better.

I have an electrical issue with the rear lights to track down, then I will mount it up and see if the stock belt works. I’m not really wanting to do it, I don’t want to be quicker off the line, I’d rather have lower RPMs.

I my just trade someone if they would rather have it instead of their stock pulley.

I’ll let you know if the stock belt works. It might, there’s a lot of movement forward on the rear axle to give more belt to go around the larger pulley.
      I believe your going to find it takes a longer belt like the other 70T's. I brought this thread out of the grave because I was considering swapping rear to 70T and warrior pulleys were going for like $20 on ebay vs the $100 for a strat/road/liner.

I have changed directions and have purchased a 30T front from a vstar 1300 and a 31T raider front pulley. Im taking them to some places to see if the inside splines on the vstar pulley can be made to match the raider. I just only bought the raider pulley because I didnt want mine off and left at a shop...