Author Topic: Lifters....yet again  (Read 174296 times)

hallozen75

Re: Lifters....yet again
« Reply #330 on: Oct 11, 2010, 11:12:31 am »
just heard from the dealer. she's ready! picking her up after work. tech said the lifters have a new part number that supercedes the old faulty ones. will post back and let you guys know how she rides! thanks again for the info on this forum guys, great resource and people.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Floridaliner

• Raider
    • Referrals: 5
    « Reply #331 on: Oct 11, 2010, 11:42:11 am »
    Good work DC  8)  if they havent reassembled yet, can you get a pic of the inside of the heads?

No I didn't get a pic of the inside of the heads Good Idea though!!!!

Also I will try and get the Reps info to pass out!!!

nevermind, they didnt have to remove your heads.  ;D  just the valve covers.........

good luck guys........
    If you see this big white race striped Rhinoceros comin at ya, ya might want to scooch over

hallozen75

« Reply #332 on: Oct 13, 2010, 09:48:22 am »
    Initial thoughts after repair–

The lifters, push rods, and valve cover gaskets have been replaced. In the shop for 27 days. Rode her about 70 miles so far. All I can say is this bike is FAST! I forgot how much power she had. Wow. Another thing, she seems smoother but that might be from the oil going to 10W-40 on the 600 mi maintenance. When I let off the throttle now without pulling in the clutch I don’t get a hard jolt like I used to. I’m enjoying her much more and the engine is much quieter and smooth. There was a feeling before that maybe the belt was skipping teeth but that seems to be gone now too. Love this bike!

*disclaimer (knock on wood)

:raider:

any news on yours dschertz?

• Advertisement

dchertz

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #333 on: Oct 13, 2010, 10:33:33 am »
      Initial thoughts after repair–

The lifters, push rods, and valve cover gaskets have been replaced. In the shop for 27 days. Rode her about 70 miles so far. All I can say is this bike is FAST! I forgot how much power she had. Wow. Another thing, she seems smoother but that might be from the oil going to 10W-40 on the 600 mi maintenance. When I let off the throttle now without pulling in the clutch I don’t get a hard jolt like I used to. I’m enjoying her much more and the engine is much quieter and smooth. There was a feeling before that maybe the belt was skipping teeth but that seems to be gone now too. Love this bike!

*disclaimer (knock on wood)

I have alittle over 200 miles on her now running strong and really happy..  Its funny cause have not ridding much since I was in Saint Augustine and now that I have her back and healthy  and I have lost 33 lbs  I have to grab her by the reins and Hold On.. Love IT..... Also installed the Green Halo and I like the look!! Changed to oil to Mobil 1 and am really happy!!!! We should meet in Marathon sometime really soon.
       :raider:

any news on yours dschertz?

Floridaliner

• Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #334 on: Oct 13, 2010, 11:06:15 am »
       Sounds great guys.  :cheers:
      If you see this big white race striped Rhinoceros comin at ya, ya might want to scooch over

CBird

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #335 on: Oct 23, 2010, 12:03:12 pm »
      Well, my lifter issue has been resolved. I dropped her off last Saturday expecting to be down this weekend and in 3.5 days got a call from Jeff that she was ready. I swung by Tejas this morning and there she was in all her glory waiting for me. I had a bad lifter and they replaced all 4.

A big thanks to Tejas for getting me back on the road, the guys at Tejas from the front to the back are First Class. They are definitely defining customer service.

She runs great, I don't remember it being so easy to break the rear loose in 2nd.   ;D

Thanks again Brent and pass it on to your techs!

CBird

dchertz

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #336 on: Oct 23, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »
      C-bird that is to funny I felt the same exact way.  Once I got mine back for the second time I put 200 miles on her right away.  Then I did some Rips down the road and breaking the tire loose in second was nutts

CBird

• Roadliner
      « Reply #337 on: Oct 25, 2010, 09:09:49 am »

Yeah - maybe its the excitement of having it back, you know we wouldn't ride like that out of the the show room! All I know is I am glad to have it back and it runs great!!!

CBird  :raider:

MrWrench

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #338 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:16:15 am »
      just had mine done last week and it runs fine! they replace only the front lifters and checked the run out of the cams and the pushrods! they said everything is fine and said yamaha only wants to replace the lifters that are making noise! i think that they are torn between that and replacing all four of them! so well see if i have any probs down the road with the other lifters! hopefully all will be well! BTW! shes in a different shop today getting the mounts made for the sidecar! it will be ready by friday but i still need to do some electrical and paint work on it so the first pics wont be of the finished product!

CBird

• Roadliner
      « Reply #339 on: Oct 25, 2010, 10:28:50 am »

Glad to see your issue is fixed!!! Cant wait to see the side car.  :raider:

koolkoka

• V Star
      « Reply #340 on: Nov 10, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »
      My ride (09 Raven S - Jan 09 date) will be going to the shop to get the lifters replaced. Yamaha okayed and dealer called that he got the parts.

Not sure yet if all the lifters will be replaced or not. Anything i need to be checking with the dealer when i drop the bike?
      09 Raven S: kury grips and adding more

fake

« Reply #341 on: Nov 10, 2010, 03:28:58 pm »
      My ride (09 Raven S - Jan 09 date) will be going to the shop to get the lifters replaced. Yamaha okayed and dealer called that he got the parts.

Not sure yet if all the lifters will be replaced or not. Anything i need to be checking with the dealer when i drop the bike?

Yup,
      that proves that 2009's with a build date of late 2008 and early 2009 have the lifter problems.  It also seems that the early 2010's which coincide with early 2009 also have the lifter problems.

Btm_Fdr

• V Star
      « Reply #342 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:57:38 am »
      Newby on this forum but longtime member of Warrior & V Max forums.Other bikes are:'02 Warrior w/PR 110& NOS,'06 Sprint ST,completely restored '90 V Max w/Stg 7 mods etc.Bought myself '10 Raider on 12/23/10 as Xmas present.Lifter "clatter " started @ approx. 300 miles.Bike is back at dlr.Read posts re: lifter probs w/ Raider after purchase .I am a confirmed Yammi addict/supporter but am wodering about their recent quality control.Went thru 3-4 recalls w/ Warrior & recently had engine lockup due to oil pump drive gear breakage.Oh well seems Raider is great ride in spite of lifter issues on some.

bagged108rsw

« Reply #343 on: Mar 19, 2011, 11:33:25 pm »
      My warrior's been noisy as hell. I took a couple videos cold and warmed up. Is this what you guys are going through? Is it just lifter replacement as the fix? This is on a ported 1800 I'm trying to find out if these are 'normal' sounds.

Cold start
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGOV9YvmFyw

Warmed up idle
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwoxdaO-6k

If i got the right idea maybe this will help others out

FIREMAN

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #344 on: Mar 20, 2011, 12:16:41 am »
      sounds normal to me, my o9 raider runs quite for a 1854 v-twin. O8O