Author Topic: Lifters....yet again  (Read 174290 times)

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Lifters....yet again
« Reply #555 on: Apr 04, 2015, 06:20:57 pm »
I'm sure there is another manufacturer of the lifter that fits the Raider, perhaps as a preferred option. I'm sure someone on this forum will know the details...
One of only around 85 or so Raider Owners in the UK

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

greenjoe

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #556 on: Dec 15, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »
    found a solution to the lifter problem if you contact Hy-Lift Johnson  they make high peroformance lifgers for the raider roadliner stratoliner and warrior
     http://hylift-johnson.com/

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #557 on: Dec 15, 2015, 11:59:03 pm »
    found a solution to the lifter problem if you contact Hy-Lift Johnson  they make high peroformance lifgers for the raider roadliner stratoliner and warrior
     http://hylift-johnson.com/

Welcome from Yuma, AZ freenjoe.  They make high performance lifters for the Raider, Roadliner, Stratoliner and Warrior but they don't advertise it?  That seems a little strange to me, all I saw on that site was auto products.

• Advertisement

greenjoe

• V Star
      « Reply #558 on: Dec 16, 2015, 12:49:43 am »
      800-441-1400 x 611 call and ask to talk to dave ewert he is one of there sales techs that got me set up with the right ones. they don't advertise them because they only have have had a few people look into them. if you contact trendperform.com they can also make you a set of high performance pushrods. its just taking the time to contact them

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #559 on: Dec 16, 2015, 12:55:18 am »
      That's very cool, thanks for the info...  ;)

aaron5140

• Road Star
      « Reply #560 on: Dec 31, 2015, 11:04:32 am »
      I'm sure there is another manufacturer of the lifter that fits the Raider, perhaps as a preferred option. I'm sure someone on this forum will know the details...

I had the lifter issue in my 2008, had 3 bad lifters, replaced with Sealed Power HT2011 from O'Reilly Auto Parts. These cost less than $6 each and have been great! I did the install myself over two years ago....

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #561 on: Jan 01, 2016, 02:34:43 am »

I had the lifter issue in my 2008, had 3 bad lifters, replaced with Sealed Power HT2011 from O'Reilly Auto Parts. These cost less than $6 each and have been great! I did the install myself over two years ago....

You could have saved yourself $18.00 and the time it took and had Yamaha do it on their time and dime...  ;)

aaron5140

• Road Star
      « Reply #562 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:21:14 am »

You could have saved yourself $18.00 and the time it took and had Yamaha do it on their time and dime...  ;)
      I looked into that and called Yamaha but they wouldn't budge - "too far out of warranty, blah, blah". Besides, I have trust issues with most dealerships - almost every time I've paid someone to do some work for me, it doesn't get done the right way....

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #563 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:54:02 am »

I looked into that and called Yamaha but they wouldn't budge - "too far out of warranty, blah, blah". Besides, I have trust issues with most dealerships - almost every time I've paid someone to do some work for me, it doesn't get done the right way....
      Who ever you talked to lied the lifters are a recall not a warranty issue - they fixed multiple lifter issue on their dime.

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #564 on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:36:32 am »

Who ever you talked to lied the lifters are a recall not a warranty issue - they fixed multiple lifter issue on their dime.

Yep, I would be reporting that dealership to Yamaha Corporate.  There are no time limits on recall issues.

102~2~113

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #565 on: Jan 17, 2016, 01:10:58 pm »
       I started by contacting Star who got the ball rolling. They document everything.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/corporate/contactus.aspx

Have your vin # ready and it's a pretty easy conversation with the Star folks.  Tell them the dealer you'd like to use or they can tell you the service levels of your local dealers. A Yamaha Regional Rep will get involved with the inspection. 

https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=46258.msg812930#msg812930

I looked and didn't find a lifter recall or Yamaha Modification Campaign for Raider lifters anywhere. 

With the lifter issue being well known on some 09s, Star Corp covers confirmed and documented r&r under the Emissions Warranty which is 5 years and 18K miles.  Least that's what they told me.

Contact Star and tell them which dealer you want to have your bike inspected at.  The 3 of you need to be in unison and it's best to start with Star.

Geo-Raider

• V Star
      « Reply #566 on: May 27, 2017, 01:41:30 am »
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2017, 10:09:11 am by Geo-Raider »

.me

• V Star
      « Reply #567 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »

How many miles on your Raider before the lifters went bad?

Lulu

• Road Star
      « Reply #568 on: Sep 17, 2019, 04:53:08 pm »
      Have to bring this back up. Back from my 6500mi trip and got that klicking noise during the past 1000miles. It got louder and louder and during the oil change today I found some few metal bits in the drain pan. Bike has 24K mi now. Never had an issue before.
      Would like to know if anyone has an manual how to change the lifters to share and what needs to be done. Do the ones from O Reilly still work.
      My stealer is asking for 550$ to do the shop.
      Any help much appreciated

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #569 on: Sep 17, 2019, 06:07:29 pm »
      Have to bring this back up. Back from my 6500mi trip and got that klicking noise during the past 1000miles. It got louder and louder and during the oil change today I found some few metal bits in the drain pan. Bike has 24K mi now. Never had an issue before.
      Would like to know if anyone has an manual how to change the lifters to share and what needs to be done. Do the ones from O Reilly still work.
      My stealer is asking for 550$ to do the shop.
      Any help much appreciated
      Tell your stealer to contact Yamaha because it's a factory covered repair - never heard of anyone getting their lifters from O Reilly.