Author Topic: Keyless options  (Read 2765 times)

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Keyless options
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2018, 02:26:11 pm »
That's the reason to going keyless is the fairing I'm adding.  It looks like it will be blocking the key.
Yeah do an electrical mod right before a road trip - hope it works better than the air ride did last year  :(
:rotfl:
V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »
    That's the reason to going keyless is the fairing I'm adding.  It looks like it will be blocking the key.

Friend had to cut down the key when he added his fairing.  Works sort of but honestly he often just leaves it in since getting the key in is the hard part. Turning it isn't that hard...

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
    • Warrior
      • JW Publishing Corp
    « Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2018, 05:39:42 pm »
    Yeah do an electrical mod right before a road trip - hope it works better than the air ride did last year  :(

Air Ride doesn't like extreme altitudes and sub temps at all!!!  Stopped to take pics going up that one place that I cant remember where and it dropped down and wouldn't air back up.  Got back down to warmer air and it worked fine the rest of the trip. 

Stealth Bike

• Advertisement

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
      « Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:15:54 pm »

Air Ride doesn't like extreme altitudes and sub temps at all!!!  Stopped to take pics going up that one place that I cant remember where and it dropped down and wouldn't air back up.  Got back down to warmer air and it worked fine the rest of the trip.

Must be made by Floridians!!  Midwest up for crying out loud.  50 degrees is a heat way twice a year for us :)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:20:45 pm »

It was after we left Mt Evans 14,165 ft and 47 degrees - then it bottomed out around the 4th or 5th switchback on Witter Gulch Rd on the downhill run  :yikes:

Flipper

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Warrior
        • JW Publishing Corp
      « Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2018, 08:57:55 pm »

It was after we left Mt Evans 14,165 ft and 47 degrees - then it bottomed out around the 4th or 5th switchback on Witter Gulch Rd on the downhill run  :yikes:

No, it was bottomed out on Mt Evans.  I pulled over and let you go on remember.  Then we took that hairpin road and I couldn't take the hairpins because I was draggin frame lol!!!

I will be ready this year to have fun on that road.

Flipper

Stealth Bike

NormanRaider1985

• Road Star
      « Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:13:42 pm »
      Thanks I thought someone already had a plug and play system besides DGD. 

Flipper

There is a Guy  on the Yamaha Raider page on Facebook name is Nicholas Easterday he made a keyless option I have it and love it no battery drain unlike the Guard dawg.
      Oh Well Will see what options I have with moving the ignition switch then.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2018, 05:17:30 pm by NormanRaider1985 »

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2021, 11:13:39 am »
      Resurrecting an old thread because I got curious about the Nicholas Easterday keyless option and called him up about it. Itís not his own per se. He turns an ordinary Motogadget m-Lock into a plug and play. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad with the m-Lock?

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2021, 07:49:38 pm »
      Resurrecting an old thread because I got curious about the Nicholas Easterday keyless option and called him up about it. Itís not his own per se. He turns an ordinary Motogadget m-Lock into a plug and play. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad with the m-Lock?

I have the one Nicholas version and he does make it plug & play.

From memory there are two variants. One whereby you can still use you ignition if need be and one where it eliminates it altogether.

I have two fobs just in case I lose one, and have mounted the receiver on the left side near the bottom of the tank by the seat, so when you are on the bike you are hiding it and protecting it from the weather if need be.

So far so good
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2021, 08:33:08 am »
      Iíd want to use with the miniature transponder sewn into a glove, and have the bike start without having to dig for a fob from my pocket.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2021, 08:58:25 am »
      Iíd want to use with the miniature transponder sewn into a glove, and have the bike start without having to dig for a fob from my pocket.

That's good until you lose the glove or riding in the rain.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #26 on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:47:39 am »

I have the one Nicholas version and he does make it plug & play.

From memory there are two variants. One whereby you can still use you ignition if need be and one where it eliminates it altogether.

I have two fobs just in case I lose one, and have mounted the receiver on the left side near the bottom of the tank by the seat, so when you are on the bike you are hiding it and protecting it from the weather if need be.

So far so good

What are your thoughts on the plug & play? Worth the extra $100 or not?

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #27 on: Jan 22, 2021, 10:33:09 am »

I donít know about you, but Iíd lose fob several times over before gloves. And I wear gloves always, no exceptions. Besides that, you could also carry a spare.
      This system is different from DGD in that you turn your bike on by swiping a transponder in front of the m-Lock receiver, then turn the bike off by repeating the same motion. You would still hit the starter button as normal. So you see, itís not any more convenient than a keyed ignition unless of course the transponder were to be sewn into a glove.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #28 on: Jan 22, 2021, 02:49:21 pm »

I donít know about you, but Iíd lose fob several times over before gloves. And I wear gloves always, no exceptions. Besides that, you could also carry a spare.
      This system is different from DGD in that you turn your bike on by swiping a transponder in front of the m-Lock receiver, then turn the bike off by repeating the same motion. You would still hit the starter button as normal. So you see, itís not any more convenient than a keyed ignition unless of course the transponder were to be sewn into a glove.

I still have my original DGD fob and yes, I have lost gloves. About 2 years ago I had a pair sitting on my handlebars in my drink holder like I always do and the wind really picked up while I was away from my bike and one of them apparently blew away. That or someone just wanted to steal on glove.

craigac

• Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: Jan 22, 2021, 04:21:16 pm »
      LOL Gotta watch out for them glove thieves!