Author Topic: Super Cool Looking  (Read 5692 times)

the urban legend

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Super Cool Looking
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2018, 07:39:47 pm »
I had never even heard of a Yamaha Raider before 2011. I was at the Lone Star Rally in Galveston Texas Nov 2011.  There on display at the Yamaha exhibit was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. I was instantly drawn to it. The sales guy explained it was a new limited edition numbered bike called the SCL. He showed me the number...Ill never forget, #356. I took one look at the price tag of over 20k and knew that this was just a dream. I was broke as a joke I looked right at my buddy and told him that if I had any budget to buy what I wanted, THAT would be the bike. I was so taken by the orange and gold paint and chocolate leather scheme. But it was JUST a dream. I got back on my 600 cc Yahmaha Classic ( Im 6'5" so that is a sight LOL) and went home after the rally. Fast forward two years to the summer of 2013. Things were going well and the start up I had been helping to get off the ground had started paying off. I was in the market for a new bike. So I went to Houston Motorsports, walk in the door and what do I see? A brand new 2012 SCL. It wasnt until we were halfway through the paperwork that I noticed it was none other than #356. The very bike I had sat on at the Texas Lone Star Rally. She was always meant to be mine!

That's a great story.
What ever happened to that coffee table book idea that seventhLetter was talking about a few years back? This story would fit right in.
I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    « Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2018, 09:05:46 pm »
    I had never even heard of a Yamaha Raider before 2011. I was at the Lone Star Rally in Galveston Texas Nov 2011.  There on display at the Yamaha exhibit was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. I was instantly drawn to it. The sales guy explained it was a new limited edition numbered bike called the SCL. He showed me the number...Ill never forget, #356. I took one look at the price tag of over 20k and knew that this was just a dream. I was broke as a joke I looked right at my buddy and told him that if I had any budget to buy what I wanted, THAT would be the bike. I was so taken by the orange and gold paint and chocolate leather scheme. But it was JUST a dream. I got back on my 600 cc Yahmaha Classic ( Im 6'5" so that is a sight LOL) and went home after the rally. Fast forward two years to the summer of 2013. Things were going well and the start up I had been helping to get off the ground had started paying off. I was in the market for a new bike. So I went to Houston Motorsports, walk in the door and what do I see? A brand new 2012 SCL. It wasnt until we were halfway through the paperwork that I noticed it was none other than #356. The very bike I had sat on at the Texas Lone Star Rally. She was always meant to be mine!

They are beautiful bikes... :chopper: :cheers:

Nice Story...
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 44
      • Real Estate & Investment Professional
    « Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2018, 07:44:00 pm »
    What year was that 600cc Classic? I only know of the 650 and 1100 Vstar Classics.

2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
    2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
    2002 V-Star Classic

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2018, 10:07:31 pm »
      https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-japanese-motorcycles/yamaha-srx600
      What year was that 600cc Classic? I only know of the 650 and 1100 Vstar Classics.

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #19 on: Jun 28, 2018, 10:18:28 pm »

RK, you are like the Raider Police always there to defend a fellow Raiders post hope you get your ride fixed up soon. You da man... :thumbs:

P.S. Professor I agree with your Super Cool Looking analogy, the 2014 scl is awesome the only problem is almost all of them are awesome too but I do give some extra props to the 2014 I like it a lot.

Truth is there's not a bad Raider ever made.
      « Last Edit: Jun 28, 2018, 10:23:46 pm by MyRaider »
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2018, 10:25:13 pm »

RK, you are like the Raider Police always there to defend a fellow Raiders post hope you get your ride fixed up soon. You da man... :thumbs:
      Called the shop in Spearfish today = bike is ready to go - heading out Sunday to pick it up - 4 day ride back home  O8O

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2018, 05:35:32 am »
      I’m with high pockets on this one. All blacked out engine looks like base model
      :agree:

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:45:48 am »

Called the shop in Spearfish today = bike is ready to go - heading out Sunday to pick it up - 4 day ride back home  O8O

Sounds like a pretty good shop, maybe you should start using that shop for all your service  :o
      Bike is ready in 48 hrs, only takes a week to get her back home.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:52:42 am »

Sounds like a pretty good shop, maybe you should start using that shop for all your service  :o
      Bike is ready in 48 hrs, only takes a week to get her back home.
      10 day turn around not bad 4 days up - 2 days in the shop - 4 days back down - I'd need a new rear tire  every second trip

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »
      Its what SCL stands for right?

Great looking bike except for the exhaust, I love that it's blacked out but just can't stand the looks of the OEM exhaust.  If I had ever gotten the 2012 SCL which I still think is the best one ever produced I would have changed out the exhaust.  It's a personal thing I know, but for me it's the way I see it.  I do agree with you on the firsts that the 2014 SCL brought out.  Overall the 2014 SCL is the second best SCL produced IMO.

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #25 on: Jul 10, 2018, 08:13:23 pm »
      You are correct...typo on  my part

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #26 on: Jul 10, 2018, 08:27:05 pm »
      Here is how goofy that little bike looked with me on it. I didnt care though...smiling from ear to ear....I was on two wheels and that is all that mattered

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:05:04 pm »
      Here is how goofy that little bike looked with me on it. I didnt care though...smiling from ear to ear....I was on two wheels and that is all that mattered

Awesome bro, and your little boy was riding with you so that’s even cooler !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

fingertight

• Roadliner
      « Reply #28 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:22:19 am »
      I have a 1982 Suzuki GS850L. I'm 6'3" and know I'm tall for that bike. I don't love it any less on the occasions where I ride it and don't care what it looks like to others. It's two wheels so all is good. :)
      2008 Yamaha Raider S
      2014 MV Agusta F4RR
      1982 Suzuki GS850L

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
      • Warrior
      « Reply #29 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:40:55 pm »

Awesome bro, and your little boy was riding with you so that’s even cooler !

I think you met him in Maggie Valley. He loves to ride!