Author Topic: Raider Front Tire - How To Stay In One Piece  (Read 9059 times)

Blueridge Raider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Raider Front Tire - How To Stay In One Piece
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:10 am »
I have the Metz 888's now on my bike, I have run all the other brands mentioned, over 100k between the two Raiders I have owned, and still like the Metz 888's the best overall.
LTR/RTL

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

ladrox

• SEA-ROAR
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2019, 11:08:29 am »
    Just another thought...the "snakes" from roadcrews can ruin your day as well.
    Allen

I ride a Raider for a reason!

Dano

• Vet - SFODA Medic - Proud Patriot
    • V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2019, 01:00:32 pm »
    Hey DT,

Just back from a 3-week, 3K+ trip from Boise ID, to the Black Hills, down to CO, through Gunnison/Crested Butte, and back NW via Flaming Gorge, Jackson Hole, Arco.  Got rained on lightly, and some hail, a couple times and can vouch for the squirrely nature of the Metz fronts.  Bought my 08 Raider in 2017 with only 4.5K miles.  Dealer in LA had put on new Metz tires front and back.  Now that I am back home (and experiencing severe culture shock from not being on the road! :), I will be replacing both tires with Avons.  Never laid my Red Raider down, but could sure feel the instability at times on mountain curves, and have always focused on avoiding paint, etc. in any turns.   Lived in Spearfish for 8 years, and also want to let anyone reading this that the Black Hills area - Devils Tower, Deadwood, Sturgis, Needles, Vanoeker, Rushmore, Devil's tower, etc. are the most beautiful I have ever seen them.  Incredibly green, lush due to a very wet Spring.  Lastly, have had my Raider on several 3K+ trips (two to Canada, and this year's Black Hills/CO trip) with no issues whatsoever.  Put on a good seat (absolutely critical for extended road trips and daily rides of 200-350+ miles; I have a Corbin), sissy bar for luggage support, and saddle bags, and she does great.  Comfortable, and an absolute joy to ride.  I would not want any other bike for a long trip (don't want to ride a two-wheeled lounge chair with a radio, cup holders, little wind shear, etc.  Just TOO comfortable and cushy for me.  Thanks again for taking the time to post some very important information on tires and safety.  Best wishes to all, and stay safe.  -Dano   
    We cloak our cowardice with the ill-fitting garment of political correctness - Alistair Begg

To anger a conservative, lie to him.  To anger a liberal, tell him the truth - Theodore Roosevelt

The fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists - Winston Churchill on leftists