Author Topic: Batteries: which battery do you people recommend for the Raider.  (Read 6129 times)

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Batteries: which battery do you people recommend for the Raider.
« Reply #45 on: Aug 12, 2021, 02:03:19 pm »
Hefty!!! Where the hell you been?!? I hope life has been good over the last year or so.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #46 on: Aug 12, 2021, 04:11:24 pm »
    No matter what battery you get I would 100% recommend this small portable NOCO battery jumper, direct to battery cables with plug for jumper and adaptor to plug directly for trickle charging. The jumper comes with post clamps but with the wire to battery you can just plug it in and jump.

I used to carry one of these jumpers in both my bike and in our truck and found that every time it was needed it was dead. Then one day I discovered the one in my saddlebags was swelling and I stopped carrying them. They're great if they're charged, but they lose charge over time and you need to keep them charged regularly.

What I do is keep one jumper in my truck and charge the first of the month so it is recharged and full every month and I keep it in my center console or under my rear seats. I keep my jumper for my bike in the house and charge it the day before a long multiday trips but to each their own. My bike is outside under a carport so it wouldn't be feasible to keep it on a trickle charge but in a closed in garage on charge would be the best scenario

2012CVKNebulasRaider

• Ride it while you can! Time is Fleeting.
    • V Star
    « Reply #47 on: Aug 13, 2021, 09:57:37 am »
    You need a charging system/regulator that keeps the voltage between 13.8 and 14.5 volts.

You canít use a regular lead acid battery chargers. They tend to over charge & can damage the lithium-Ion battery. You need a regulated battery charger that want over charge the battery.

Here are a couple I found.
    From Battery Tender model # 022-0199 & BikeMaster model # 150906. But, as long as you are cranking the bike up at least once a month you donít even need the charger.
    Ride it while you can! Time is Fleeting.

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #48 on: Aug 13, 2021, 01:48:50 pm »
      You need a charging system/regulator that keeps the voltage between 13.8 and 14.5 volts.

You canít use a regular lead acid battery chargers. They tend to over charge & can damage the lithium-Ion battery. You need a regulated battery charger that want over charge the battery.

Here are a couple I found.
      From Battery Tender model # 022-0199 & BikeMaster model # 150906. But, as long as you are cranking the bike up at least once a month you donít even need the charger.

The NOCO battery charger is a trickle 1amp charger and has a selector for 12v lead, AFG, Ion, and 6v and it is supposed to sense when the battery is full or too hot and stop charging. All for $30

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W46BX31/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #49 on: Aug 14, 2021, 06:25:34 pm »
      Shorai ;D

RangerRick

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2021, 07:55:16 am »
      Shorai ;D

Yep that's what I had in my Raider, and now in my Honda ;)
      2007 Honda VTX 1300R
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #51 on: Aug 15, 2021, 09:56:16 am »
      I put a antigravity in bike before 2013 riding season. that makes this the 9th season on bike. optimate tender for winter.
      Also bought my dad the antigravity booster (xp-10) and he uses it to jump his 100hp kubota and once on his f350, he said he was amazed it worked... If you know what kind of battery cca's those two take to turn you will understand why this impresses me.

those two examples are the reasons ill continue using them. and yes I know its an expensive battery. but 9 yrs of solid bike turning and its still going... never struggles on the raider.
      American citizens authorize the govt, not the other way around.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #52 on: Aug 15, 2021, 11:26:06 am »
      I put a antigravity in bike before 2013 riding season. that makes this the 9th season on bike. optimate tender for winter.
      Also bought my dad the antigravity booster (xp-10) and he uses it to jump his 100hp kubota and once on his f350, he said he was amazed it worked... If you know what kind of battery cca's those two take to turn you will understand why this impresses me.

those two examples are the reasons ill continue using them. and yes I know its an expensive battery. but 9 yrs of solid bike turning and its still going... never struggles on the raider.
      that well be my next battery,  480 cca!
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #53 on: Aug 15, 2021, 07:41:53 pm »
      Just looked into the antigravity batteries but can't find one for the Raider. Did you have to modify the box and squeeze the one for the Warrior into it?

toy

• Roadliner
      « Reply #54 on: Aug 16, 2021, 07:00:30 am »
      Just looked into the antigravity batteries but can't find one for the Raider. Did you have to modify the box and squeeze the one for the Warrior into it?
      at12-bs is same dimensions as yt12-bs that i bought. it had extra room. wasnt a squeeze.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/restart-oem/at12bs-hd-rs/
      American citizens authorize the govt, not the other way around.

ZEUS67

• Road Star
      « Reply #55 on: Aug 16, 2021, 07:39:48 am »
      Thanks Toy. When I first looked at it I thought it said 3.3 in for the width. Definitely looks the same as OEM. Thanks again!