Author Topic: New Avon Cobra Chrome 240  (Read 6523 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Re: New Avon Cobra Chrome 240
« Reply #105 on: Oct 13, 2019, 08:09:58 pm »
240 on stock wheel does fine, flatten that 240 out on the 8.5 wheel and come follow me and i am one of the slow ones
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #106 on: Oct 14, 2019, 06:48:23 am »
    240 on stock wheel does fine, flatten that 240 out on the 8.5 wheel and come follow me and i am one of the slow ones

He ain't that slow.  I heard he done finished all his skoolin'.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Dirtiegirtie

• Road Star
    « Reply #107 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:06:06 am »
    Bookake40 - I think the issue is your tone. Consider the following:

Scenario 1: "I really want to eek out every last inch of handling precision, so I am going to pay the money to widen my rim. I'm sure you guys running the 240 on the stock rim enjoy it, but, based on the recommendation of a friend that knows more about handling than I, I'm going to roll the dice and widen my rim."

Scenario 2: "I really want to eek out every last inch of handling precision, so I am going to pay the money to widen my rim. Do you guys running the 240 on a stock rim KNOW that you are outside the mfg'ers recommended rim width or are you just choosing to ignore that fact? (The way this is taken: Are you ignorant or stupid?) I'm friends with a guy that works at a place that widens rims, guys that actually know what they are talking about, not just rando's on a forum, and they said the 240 would feel squirrelly on the stock rim, and that's exactly what happened to me, just like they said. Anyone that has even taken a beginner's physics class would know the rim must be widened. (the way this is taken: You guys don't know what you are talking about and this guy does... me thinks you all might be retarded.)"

Both accomplish the same goal, you state your case on why you are making the personal choice of widening your rim. But it's pretty basic psychology... if you speak arrogantly and imply someone is of lower intellect than you, well... you should anticipate the kind of responses you are getting.

Is it possible you are in another country? I've been on a few forums with folks from other countries and I've noticed that certain regions of the world speak differently... it seems as if you can state your 'matter of fact' case without any regard for how a person might take your statement. They genuinely don't intend on sounding 'douchy', it's just how they talk to each other. Combine that with the very harsh interpretations using google translate and you find many posts sounding arrogant, when they don't intend it to be that way. I'm just wondering if you are from Russia or somewhere across the pond?

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #108 on: Oct 14, 2019, 11:57:25 am »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #109 on: Oct 14, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      I used to have a teacher that said she would "Grade the test on a curve" now I know what she was talking about -   :nerd: :rotfl:

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #110 on: Oct 14, 2019, 07:59:29 pm »

BLAHHAHAHA!

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #111 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:01:10 pm »
      Bookake40 - I think the issue is your tone. Consider the following:

Scenario 1: "I really want to eek out every last inch of handling precision, so I am going to pay the money to widen my rim. I'm sure you guys running the 240 on the stock rim enjoy it, but, based on the recommendation of a friend that knows more about handling than I, I'm going to roll the dice and widen my rim."

Scenario 2: "I really want to eek out every last inch of handling precision, so I am going to pay the money to widen my rim. Do you guys running the 240 on a stock rim KNOW that you are outside the mfg'ers recommended rim width or are you just choosing to ignore that fact? (The way this is taken: Are you ignorant or stupid?) I'm friends with a guy that works at a place that widens rims, guys that actually know what they are talking about, not just rando's on a forum, and they said the 240 would feel squirrelly on the stock rim, and that's exactly what happened to me, just like they said. Anyone that has even taken a beginner's physics class would know the rim must be widened. (the way this is taken: You guys don't know what you are talking about and this guy does... me thinks you all might be retarded.)"

Both accomplish the same goal, you state your case on why you are making the personal choice of widening your rim. But it's pretty basic psychology... if you speak arrogantly and imply someone is of lower intellect than you, well... you should anticipate the kind of responses you are getting.

Is it possible you are in another country? I've been on a few forums with folks from other countries and I've noticed that certain regions of the world speak differently... it seems as if you can state your 'matter of fact' case without any regard for how a person might take your statement. They genuinely don't intend on sounding 'douchy', it's just how they talk to each other. Combine that with the very harsh interpretations using google translate and you find many posts sounding arrogant, when they don't intend it to be that way. I'm just wondering if you are from Russia or somewhere across the pond?

Dirtie, this dude knows exactly what he’s doing. He and the professor play the same game.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #112 on: Oct 14, 2019, 08:54:11 pm »

Agreed he passed with flying colors !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

ernie

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #113 on: Nov 28, 2019, 08:55:36 pm »
      WalMart has the Avon for $207.70 and Amazon is $213.40 today, both with free shipping.
      His Humble Servant
      ALR/PGR
      SFC, USA (RET)
      Tax Everyone

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #114 on: Nov 29, 2019, 10:37:50 am »
      Prices keep changing but currently
      Walmart
      Avon AV91, 120/70/21 $160.80 + Tax with free 2 day shipping
      Avon AV92, 240/40/18 $207.70 + Tax with free 2 day shipping
      total before tax $368.50
      $9.90 less than Amazon

Amazon
      Avon AV91, 120/70/21 $165.00 + Tax with free shipping (not 2 day)
      Avon AV92, 240/40/18 $213.40 + Tax with free shipping (not 2 day)
      total before tax $378.40
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2019, 04:10:46 pm by FireNative »

jim0626

• 2008 Yamaha Raider
      • V Star
      « Reply #115 on: May 10, 2020, 08:20:50 pm »
      I have been riding on this tire for the last 1000 miles or so.. Bike handles better, but not a soft ride.. I heard they last longer so they must be a harder rubber.. You can feel every pebble..
      Enjoy