Author Topic: Suggestion on seat restoration  (Read 1343 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: Suggestion on seat restoration
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2019, 11:37:40 am »
I have a pair of natural goatskin herders (boots) and wanted to clean/treat  without changing the color.  I found  Boot Doctor Formula 4.  It is a cleaner and conditioner I've used for a couple years on those boots and it has not changed the color of the leather.  It's widely available.  I bought mine at Boot Barn, it's on line and WalMart has it.

Yeah, but she wants the color to change back to the darker color it used to be.
Ya, I thought it might restore the original color, but it probably won't change what color it is now.  Bad suggestion...please ignore.

Still good information.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 20
    Re: Suggestion on seat restoration
    « Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 2019, 11:54:24 am »
    I have a pair of natural goatskin herders (boots) and wanted to clean/treat  without changing the color.  I found  Boot Doctor Formula 4.  It is a cleaner and conditioner I've used for a couple years on those boots and it has not changed the color of the leather.  It's widely available.  I bought mine at Boot Barn, it's on line and WalMart has it.

Yeah, but she wants the color to change back to the darker color it used to be.
    Ya, I thought it might restore the original color, but it probably won't change what color it is now.  Bad suggestion...please ignore.

Still good information.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Restore-Leather

RETiRED raider rider

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    S.C.L. seat color
    « Reply #17 on: Oct 08, 2020, 12:34:03 pm »
       This is another answer to an old post which was about restoring original color to an S.C.L seat.  don't know if it was ever resolved but these seats were made by Saddlemen  Seats [18003977709] . So if anyone  has one of these seats ,this company would be the best place for information on restoring this product i would imagine.