Author Topic: Night Cruising  (Read 849 times)

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Night Cruising
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2020, 01:39:28 pm »
DANG man those lights look good! I would like the same in white or light blue. They look like a must for night riding.

I've talked top cops about this and they stated they would pull someone over with blue lights. This is in AZ and it could be different in your area, but I doubt it. 

I also talked to a guy that was running blue strobing lights and he ended up with a lot of tickets.

I run red and have never had an issue.

Beautiful...I once rode my M109 to Oakland to visit my in-laws and got a late start back to Monterey...I stopped for gas before I left and found myself surrounded by an M109 group that had all colors of lights on their bikes...They were a great group no problems but I often wondered how they got away with some of their blue and purple lights???

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2020, 01:41:37 pm by BorderlandBiker »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2020, 03:53:28 pm »
    DANG man those lights look good! I would like the same in white or light blue. They look like a must for night riding.

I've talked top cops about this and they stated they would pull someone over with blue lights. This is in AZ and it could be different in your area, but I doubt it. 

I also talked to a guy that was running blue strobing lights and he ended up with a lot of tickets.

I run red and have never had an issue.

Beautiful...I once rode my M109 to Oakland to visit my in-laws and got a late start back to Monterey...I stopped for gas before I left and found myself surrounded by an M109 group that had all colors of lights on their bikes...They were a great group no problems but I often wondered how they got away with some of their blue and purple lights???

My wife has purple on her Stryker and has never had an issue.  I know Taildragger did too and he never mentioned anything.

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
    « Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2020, 12:49:13 am »
    SF Bay area cities ticket for neon lighting...however if you ever want to treat yourself to some celestial lighting...pick a clear night when the fog's offshore and ride down the PCH Pacific Coast Highway from Monterey to Big Sur. The Big Sur River Inn had a band that played lots of Doo Wop and Pink Floyd ish music. Often the ride back would have some warm offshore winds to keep the fog away. A couple of car clubs would show up and you'd get t park between a 32 Ford and a 58 Pontiac...like ah going backkkkkkkkkkk in time...PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE....P.S. oh, and on the ride back you could see the stars almost to the horizon...

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:27:33 pm »
      SF Bay area cities ticket for neon lighting...however if you ever want to treat yourself to some celestial lighting...pick a clear night when the fog's offshore and ride down the PCH Pacific Coast Highway from Monterey to Big Sur. The Big Sur River Inn had a band that played lots of Doo Wop and Pink Floyd ish music. Often the ride back would have some warm offshore winds to keep the fog away. A couple of car clubs would show up and you'd get t park between a 32 Ford and a 58 Pontiac...like ah going backkkkkkkkkkk in time...PEACE  O8O RIDE SAFE....P.S. oh, and on the ride back you could see the stars almost to the horizon...

The world looks different from a motorcycle at night.

BorderlandBiker

• Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2020, 10:30:32 pm »

I once got lucky and rode back up the coast from San Luis to Big Sur on Hwy 1...Warm off shore winds, lots of Doo Wop on my little ear phones...9 times outta 10 it's a cold onshore foggy ride...Stayed at the Big Sur River Inn...great breakfast...[/size]

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2020, 07:01:31 am »

I once got lucky and rode back up the coast from San Luis to Big Sur on Hwy 1...Warm off shore winds, lots of Doo Wop on my little ear phones...9 times outta 10 it's a cold onshore foggy ride...Stayed at the Big Sur River Inn...great breakfast...[/size]
      Reminds me....left San Bernadino one very warm evening planning on staying the night in Santa Barbara, by the time we got there the heat had dissipated and it was too nice to not ride, so we headed up the PCH toward San Fran.  By the time we got to Big Sur the fog was thick and the warm air was damp, the only light was when the moon would ocassionally slither through a crack in the fog.  A very slow but memorable ride.