Author Topic: Clearance for V&H 2into1  (Read 1215 times)

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Clearance for V&H 2into1
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:04:12 pm »
:thumbs: I have given it some thought for a while especially because to 2 in 1 shows a bit better performance. I did think it looks like the front bend comes down a bit lower than my 2 in 2 just by looking with the naked eye. I cannot really afford to go any lower with my 2 in 2 hitting like they do and I am running stock height. Wanted to bring the rear down but have trouble justifying with scraping now.

I have always leaned toward the two pipe look myself. I like the look of my 2 in 2 and also the Freedom Sharp curves. Just afraid to make a move a regret it man. ;D

Yeah buddy I hear that, my bike has progressive lower springs in forks and air ride in the rear and it definitely touches down , with that said you can adjust your lines and still run a pretty good pace lowered with the 2-1.

I think having the increased ground clearance would help pick up a few mph of entry/exit speeds but for what it does now Iím happy with the looks and backroad performance of the ole girl !
:thumbs: You got it man, it's not like we are running sport bikes or are on the track or strip anymore ;D
Just stay behind me and everything will be just fine - really it will  8)

Says the guy that rides more on two wheels then three !! Lmao
Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

bradypunch

• V Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:47:45 pm »
    I must have gotten my order in just in time to get one of the last sets. . . I see my PayPal transaction went through anyhow. 

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 19
    « Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:55:14 pm »
    :thumbs: I have given it some thought for a while especially because to 2 in 1 shows a bit better performance. I did think it looks like the front bend comes down a bit lower than my 2 in 2 just by looking with the naked eye. I cannot really afford to go any lower with my 2 in 2 hitting like they do and I am running stock height. Wanted to bring the rear down but have trouble justifying with scraping now.

I have always leaned toward the two pipe look myself. I like the look of my 2 in 2 and also the Freedom Sharp curves. Just afraid to make a move a regret it man. ;D

Yeah buddy I hear that, my bike has progressive lower springs in forks and air ride in the rear and it definitely touches down , with that said you can adjust your lines and still run a pretty good pace lowered with the 2-1.

I think having the increased ground clearance would help pick up a few mph of entry/exit speeds but for what it does now Iím happy with the looks and backroad performance of the ole girl !
    :thumbs: You got it man, it's not like we are running sport bikes or are on the track or strip anymore ;D

Funny you say that - went for a short ride Saturday - sitting at a red light to make a left turn - light changed, head into the intersection and right as I turned the handlebars to the left I hit second, gave it some throttle and the left front came up about 6 inches - I need to get this new stabilizer installed soon.

• Advertisement

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:09:22 pm »

Funny you say that - went for a short ride Saturday - sitting at a red light to make a left turn - light changed, head into the intersection and right as I turned the handlebars to the left I hit second, gave it some throttle and the left front came up about 6 inches - I need to get this new stabilizer installed soon.

Lol no doubt in my mind .... definitely get that thing installed before July , God willing we will all be able to get together !

RonKy

• SEA-ROAR
      • Road Star
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2020, 09:03:42 pm »
      We ordered four of em here in Meade Co. yesterday...And yes, you will grind a flat spot on that low bend of the pipe cover. After that the frame's scraping the road and that's about as far as she's gonna lean anyway.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2020, 09:15:02 pm by RonKy »

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
      « Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2020, 01:15:09 am »
      Those not good if u ride a lot of curves, they set too low and drag

They fine on stock height raider , and they only drag some on a lowered raider... I think with fork extensions they might not even hit , Ron 505 would know for sure though

On my bike with V&H 2-1, the front header pipe drags only if dragging the pegs in corners. Stock suspension with a 240 on the back. The heat shield on mine is worn flat almost paper thin. But again, very aggressive cornering.

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:11:01 pm »
      Received mine today  ;D
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:37:35 pm »

They fine on stock height raider , and they only drag some on a lowered raider... I think with fork extensions they might not even hit , Ron 505 would know for sure though

On my bike with V&H 2-1, the front header pipe drags only if dragging the pegs in corners. Stock suspension with a 240 on the back. The heat shield on mine is worn flat almost paper thin. But again, very aggressive cornering.

Iím surprised your front peg mounts have not touched down, mine have pretty bad along with frame in the rear.... donít mind pipe hitting but the hard parts makes your line change and thatís no good !

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:08:04 am »

Iím surprised your front peg mounts have not touched down, mine have pretty bad along with frame in the rear.... donít mind pipe hitting but the hard parts makes your line change and thatís no good !

I definitely should have ordered one!  Mine has a flat spot like xmanrigger's plus the rear is really ground down, but that's from being lowered and riding two up.  Also, I have the 3" fork extensions in the front, which gives me better clearance up there, but I've still scrapped my frame and pipe on the front as well.  And my pegs are due to be replaced. 
       Dave...lmao...the comment about "those guys at SERR"....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

TeleMan

• Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 08:47:12 pm »
      Damn, this was a great deal.  They still want $1,124 for the 2-into-1 from fortnine.ca here in Canada! Crazy....
      I emailed them to see if they could do anything about matching prices and they (of course...) could not.
      2011 Yamaha Raider.  Memphis Shades 15" windshield

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #25 on: May 07, 2020, 09:10:40 am »

I definitely should have ordered one!  Mine has a flat spot like xmanrigger's plus the rear is really ground down, but that's from being lowered and riding two up.  Also, I have the 3" fork extensions in the front, which gives me better clearance up there, but I've still scrapped my frame and pipe on the front as well.  And my pegs are due to be replaced. 
       Dave...lmao...the comment about "those guys at SERR"....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL! He is those guys!  :rotfl:

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 09:20:05 am »

If you ain't scraping pegs at the SERR your ass is sitting at the hotel all day

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #27 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:42 pm »
      Mine has the same scraping on the exhaust due to leaning around right hand bends, so anyone that got a set for $375 gone a great deal and lucky you...
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #28 on: May 07, 2020, 04:36:15 pm »

Thatís the damn truth Gary !

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #29 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:11 pm »

Thatís the damn truth Gary !
      Personally I donít think itís ever really necessary to break the speed limit.