Author Topic: Six years ago already  (Read 537 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 19
Six years ago already
« on: Apr 25, 2020, 08:45:49 am »
Six years ago traded the Raider for a Can Am four months after losing my leg.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RangerRick

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Six years ago already
    « Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2020, 12:37:09 pm »
    My how time flies, I remember seeing you and that bike back in 2012,  at Carson City, Nevada. WARR 2012
    2009 Raider XV19CYS
    ANG Member 25 years
    Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:27:39 pm »
    Sure would have like to followed you down a mountain road on that Raider bro !
    Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2020, 05:58:35 pm »
      He's faster on the spyder  ;D
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2020, 07:34:11 pm »
      Here ya go Dave last time I rode two wheels at the SERR 2012 - me, Mr T and Jim on the Cherohala Skyway
      https://youtu.be/mVzoULVCwhc

RangerRick

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2020, 10:00:49 pm »
      Here ya go Dave last time I rode two wheels at the SERR 2012 - me, Mr T and Jim on the Cherohala Skyway

Looking at the position of the speedometer needle over the LCD readout, your were going 60-75 MPH give or take a few :o :D
      2009 Raider XV19CYS
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2020, 11:18:26 pm »

Nice brother , thatís good stuff !

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:28:45 am »

That ain't true.  I got video somewhere you on two wheels in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2020, 08:26:26 pm »

That ain't true.  I got video somewhere you on two wheels in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
      :rotfl: :rotfl: :agree: have seen it also
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2020, 09:53:11 pm »

Lmao... think I got some video somewhere also

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2020, 07:01:44 am »
      Not to get to up into your business RK but, is 2 wheels out of the question? I ask because I have a good friend that lost his leg from the knee down in a bike accident about 4 years ago. It took him till this winter to convince his OL to let him get another bike....he got a new to him Fatboy and we rode for a couple hours yesterday. Never seen a man so happy.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2020, 08:23:35 am »
      Not to get to up into your business RK but, is 2 wheels out of the question? I ask because I have a good friend that lost his leg from the knee down in a bike accident about 4 years ago. It took him till this winter to convince his OL to let him get another bike....he got a new to him Fatboy and we rode for a couple hours yesterday. Never seen a man so happy.
      A lot of below knee riders still ride two wheels - since they still have their knee they are more able to hold the bike up in case of a quick stop - unless my leg is completely straight and the bike started to lean to the left it's gong to hit the ground.

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2020, 03:40:27 pm »
      Those six years flew by, that's for sure.  So glad you stayed with us RK!  Ride on!
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 03:15:46 pm »
      A lot of below knee riders still ride two wheels - since they still have their knee they are more able to hold the bike up in case of a quick stop - unless my leg is completely straight and the bike started to lean to the left it's gong to hit the ground.
      I see....yes...my friend still has his knee. It goes without saying...you have adapted to 3 wheels about as good as it gets.