Author Topic: Freedom Performance Pipes  (Read 453 times)

Mr Jones

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Freedom Performance Pipes
« on: May 03, 2020, 01:04:33 pm »
I’m looking to fit some short black 2 into 2 pipes for my Raider and the only ones I can find that suit my needs are two models from Freedom Performance (one set curved, the other straight).

Having never heard of this make here in the UK, does anyone have experience with them and/or recommend them? I also plan to do the open air box mod and fit some sort of fuel injection remapping device. All advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.
Raider
904 Bonneville
XR1200

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Freedom Performance Pipes
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:36:14 pm »
    I think the straight pipes you're looking at are Freedom Performance Amendments.  I just sent a set to the junk yard because they suck.  They scrape in a right turn before the footpegs hit.  I considered them too dangerous to keep, so I replaced them with Cobra Dragsters.  The Dragsters are longer though.  I had initially replaced a set of Dragsters with the FP Amendments because I wanted better access to the wheel nut.  That was good, but the Amendments sucked, so I went back to Dragsters.  If you like curved pipes, I am sure those would work fine.  Just stay away from the Amendments.  Peace.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:16:25 am by Dark Matter »
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:28:25 pm »
    I’m looking to fit some short black 2 into 2 pipes for my Raider and the only ones I can find that suit my needs are two models from Freedom Performance (one set curved, the other straight).

Having never heard of this make here in the UK, does anyone have experience with them and/or recommend them? I also plan to do the open air box mod and fit some sort of fuel injection remapping device. All advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Just call me as you have suggested and I can let you know what you need to know....
    One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

• Advertisement

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 10:22:13 pm »
      Love my freedom sharp curve radius

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 03:30:34 pm »
      I love Claytons curves too!   :drool: :rotfl:
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 03:31:44 pm »

Get a room!

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 05:59:24 pm »
      :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :givemebeer:

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:50:39 pm »
      Black pipes matter!

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 09:50:15 pm »

v8dve

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 12:36:00 pm »
      Black pipes matter!

Hi Duke,

I have the chrome version of those on my bike. On acceleration they sound awesome, but on deceleration they sound awful, to the point I’m probably going to put my 2-1 Big Radius back on. Can I ask how yours sound if its possible to describe.....

I would do a sound clip but bike is still in winter storage until this UK lockdown is done.

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 12:59:17 pm »
      I never thought they sounded bad on decel.  I've chased Clayton down a few mountains and never thought his sounded bad either, we both have Ivan's flashed ecu.  Are running a stock ecu?  Are you running a fuel controller?  Is your airbox stock or is it modified for hi-flow?

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 02:15:48 pm »
      I never thought they sounded bad on decel.  I've chased Clayton down a few mountains and never thought his sounded bad either...

I agree.  They sound great from where I sit...which is usually behind those guys.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 03:53:49 pm »
      I never thought they sounded bad on decel.  I've chased Clayton down a few mountains and never thought his sounded bad either...

I agree.  They sound great from where I sit...which is usually behind those guys.
      :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

v8dve

• Road Star
      « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 02:08:22 pm »
      I never thought they sounded bad on decel.  I've chased Clayton down a few mountains and never thought his sounded bad either, we both have Ivan's flashed ecu.  Are running a stock ecu?  Are you running a fuel controller?  Is your airbox stock or is it modified for hi-flow?

Thanks for the reply Duke. All standard but do have a fuel controller and emailed them and got updated settings. Stock airbox. Guess an Ivans ECU flash may help.