Author Topic: SERR 2020 Cancellation  (Read 979 times)

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
SERR 2020 Cancellation
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:59:26 pm »
It is with a great deal of annoyance that we will not be able to make it to SERR this July and our subsequent 4k+
road trip all planned out. We have just heard that our flights from the UK are being cancelled and that the likelihood of air travel to and from the USA is several weeks if not months away and even then very restricted. Every biking event in the UK and our International Rally in Finland have all been cancelled now so the summer biking season for us will be limited to just a few ride-outs and even that isn't happening in the UK any time soon :( I know that Sally Tackas, Malcolm Whitbread & Sue Whitbread all feel the same and are frustrated with the current situation. Mick & Jan won't be able to make it either.
As several of you guys in the US have made some plans to meet us at SERR namely Jeff Gunnoe, Roger Ripley, Dwayne Eppinga, Melanie Eppinga or is allowing us to stop over with you, this trip will now be scheduled for 2021, same route providing SERR is still on in 2021.
Gary Bohler has now cancelled our rooms for us at the Best Western in MV.  We can plan again for 2021 around the dates Roadkill has given us, so will use the itinerary I had for this year.
We did consider an alternative road trip to the southern states in September but as we need to send out bikes in August, couldn't ensure everything would be back to normal by then.
I don't wish to make this post political, but we are taking the virus very seriously here and I don't know anyone in our biking fraternity who are disobeying the UK governments instructions. We just want to be out there riding again as soon as possible.

I hope the event in MV goes ahead and is well attended. Ride safe
One of only around 85 or so Raider Owners in the UK

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 20
    Re: SERR 2020 Cancellation
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 06:34:50 pm »
    Kev sorry things couldn't have worked out so you guys could have made it over - look forward to seeing all of you next year. I will ship your shirts in the morning.

To be clear the 2020 SERR is going as planned - Kev and the others from the UK will not be able to make the trip this year due to the ongoing virus

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »
    Sorry to hear this Kev but it is completely understandable. Y’all stay safe, see you next year!

• Advertisement

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 08:24:54 am »
      Your faces and discussions will definitely be missed Kev.  Tell everyone we said hello, and stay safe.  We'll see you next year, if not before.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 08:32:40 am »
      It's a bummer that you guys cannot make it.  The years are flying by; next year will be here before you know it.  Stay safe.  Peace.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 11:11:00 pm »
      Sorry to hear you guys won’t be making the trip... you all stay safe and healthy and see you in 2021
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..