Author Topic: Like the looks of this sitting next to the Raider...  (Read 499 times)

Badbluraider

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Like the looks of this sitting next to the Raider...
« on: May 20, 2020, 11:06:06 pm »
Don't know why but been looking online at the VMAX's, ya know something to sit beside the Raider in the garage. Had an 85(first year) and loved it and the newer ones have REAL ram air. I believe the guy is a little high even though, he's just shy of 3k miles. Probably shouldn't cuz I cannot hardly find over an hour at a time to ride the Raider, plus work has been crazy since coming back from the knee operation. Just love these monsters  :wheelie: :cop:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2013-Yamaha-VMAX-1700-5011812551

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Damnbiker

• V Star
    Re: Like the looks of this sitting next to the Raider...
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:08:24 am »
    My raider and vmax are both 2009 models. And you are correct, they both look awesome sitting in the garage...I consider myself very fortunate to own both.

I can tell you 100% that as good as the older vmaxes were, the 2009 and up Gen II versions are far beyond comparison. Not much for 2 up riding due to passenger comfort, but otherwise, it is the most awesome bike I've ever owned (out of many).

As far as 14k for a 7 year old vmax? He's not just a little high, he's in the ozone layer with that price...unless he's up for negotiating more than most people.

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:52:16 am »
    Offer 10,000 cash

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 06:50:53 pm »
      My raider and vmax are both 2009 models. And you are correct, they both look awesome sitting in the garage...I consider myself very fortunate to own both.

I can tell you 100% that as good as the older vmaxes were, the 2009 and up Gen II versions are far beyond comparison. Not much for 2 up riding due to passenger comfort, but otherwise, it is the most awesome bike I've ever owned (out of many).

As far as 14k for a 7 year old vmax? He's not just a little high, he's in the ozone layer with that price...unless he's up for negotiating more than most people.
      Yeah I believe the 85 was rated at 145hp where Gen 2 is up to 200hp. I always ride solo so not an issue as my wife quit riding years ago and not due to my driving. I think NADA is $10.9k but with low mileage to me that's is a big plus and to know he has an older one that looks to be in great shape too.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 06:58:08 pm »
      Offer 10,000 cash
      :agree: If he would do that I believe I'd buy it sight unseen. I was thinking of offering $10.5. A dealer had a 13 down near San Antonio for $8999 with 20K on it but it's gone now. I just like the blue 13 and with the blue Raider :yay: :thewave: :ohyeah:

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 08:23:06 pm »
      Man go for it!

Clayton

• Mmm...🍺 Beer
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:23:53 pm »
      Man go for it! I love switching between my Raider and MT10!

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 07:47:49 am »
      I've always been very fond of the VMax's.  If it would have been designed for longer legged people, I'd have one right now.  They're just too cramped up for me.
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
      « Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 03:51:12 pm »
      I've always been very fond of the VMax's.  If it would have been designed for longer legged people, I'd have one right now.  They're just too cramped up for me.

I hear you.  When I sat on your Raider I about fell off trying to reach those 5-6" extensions!!  If you needed that much reach on the Raider, other mid-control bikes are going to be tough...

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 04:42:06 am »
      :agree: My first VMax fit me very well as does the Raider's stock peg configuration at 5'7" but anyone even 5'10" or more will be probably feel jammed up.

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 03:05:51 pm »
      I owned one of the last years Yamaha made the FIRST model V-Max (carb). SuperTrapp made a light stainless steel exhaust for it (light weight and mellow sound)...My neighbor traded me an outboard with motor for it....ANOTHER bike I bought was the Suzuki B-King...it was more comfortable than the V-Max and I wished I'd kept it...I've never ridden the SECOND model V-Max (injected)...but it looks like it would be fun...PEACE RIDE  O8O SAFE

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 09:25:29 pm »

I found that 'Corbin' could make a seat that gave me a bit more leg room but it still seemed cramped (I'm 6' 1")