Author Topic: Like the looks of this sitting next to the Raider...  (Read 1230 times)

FireNative

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Like the looks of this sitting next to the Raider...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2020, 11:16:42 pm »
When I can afford a second bike this will be it. A used Big Dog K9 glossy black and chrome.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2020, 06:46:25 am »
    When I can afford a second bike this will be it. A used Big Dog K9 glossy black and chrome.

Nice!  I went to a BigDog dealership in Columbus, Ohio (before they closed shop).  Those things were priced at $30K+, but damn they were sweet looking.  Good luck!

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #17 on: Jun 04, 2020, 07:38:23 am »

Nice!  I went to a BigDog dealership in Columbus, Ohio (before they closed shop).  Those things were priced at $30K+, but damn they were sweet looking.  Good luck!

Big Dog opened in 1994 and went bankrupt in 2011 and reopened in 2016. You're right a new K9 starts at $35K but you can find a 10yr old one with low miles from $12K - $20K so I am hoping to get one around 10yrs old with under 20K miles, (hopefully under 10K miles) glossy black and chrome for about $15K hopefully in a few years.
    « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2020, 07:41:30 am by FireNative »

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #18 on: Jun 07, 2020, 08:14:54 am »
      Just found another one down in Louisiana. 2016 blue with 5400 miles. Asking $13,5k but told him I am looking at putting around $11k in one. Sounded like he would probably bite on that if I was ready, still in Florida trying to finish a job but rain for the next 3 days.

He took it off cycletrader temporarily, think he is waiting to see if I call him back soon.
      Looks clean man
      :agree: Yeah man he's in Mandeville, LA off I10. I got a bunch of pix and talked to him at length about the bike. Sounds to be in his 50's or older and said he has only spun the rear tire once by mistake. Pretty much stock as far as pipes, motor and no fuel management or ECU work which I was glad that way I can do my own thing if I get it. He has changed the mirrors, put OEM luggage rack that can be pulled right off, has cowl and one or two minor things but still has everything original that he did change. This may be the Raider's stable mate ;D
      Just got back home from FL last night and noticed he has put back on cycletrader. Talked to the wife about it and she was pretty cool with it. :yay: Therefore got to figure out how and when to look at it. Even though I think everything is good, I am very picky when buying bikes. Anyone know transports from Louisiana to Oklahoma? Definitely not riding the VMAX 10-11 hours.                                                                                     
      https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2016-Yamaha-VMAX+1700-5012423961                                                                                                                                       
      Still waiting on fork parts from dealer on Raider. Beautiful weather here in Tulsa and cannot ride. Bummer.                                                         

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #19 on: Jun 07, 2020, 11:51:28 am »
      Just found another one down in Louisiana. 2016 blue with 5400 miles. Asking $13,5k but told him I am looking at putting around $11k in one. Sounded like he would probably bite on that if I was ready, still in Florida trying to finish a job but rain for the next 3 days.

He took it off cycletrader temporarily, think he is waiting to see if I call him back soon.
      Looks clean man
      :agree: Yeah man he's in Mandeville, LA off I10. I got a bunch of pix and talked to him at length about the bike. Sounds to be in his 50's or older and said he has only spun the rear tire once by mistake. Pretty much stock as far as pipes, motor and no fuel management or ECU work which I was glad that way I can do my own thing if I get it. He has changed the mirrors, put OEM luggage rack that can be pulled right off, has cowl and one or two minor things but still has everything original that he did change. This may be the Raider's stable mate ;D
      Just got back home from FL last night and noticed he has put back on cycletrader. Talked to the wife about it and she was pretty cool with it. :yay: Therefore got to figure out how and when to look at it. Even though I think everything is good, I am very picky when buying bikes. Anyone know transports from Louisiana to Oklahoma? Definitely not riding the VMAX 10-11 hours.                                                                                     
      Still waiting on fork parts from dealer on Raider. Beautiful weather here in Tulsa and cannot ride. Bummer.                                                       

If you use a shipping coordinator (like U-Ship), the prices are higher due to fees. 

Call/text Brandon with OnTime Shipping...228-343-2933...My bike was in Houston, and he was in Dallas making a run.   I contacted him on Thursday, he diverted, and my bike was delivered the next day to Navarre FL - very reasonable pricing as well.

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #20 on: Jun 07, 2020, 05:42:09 pm »

Looks clean man

If you use a shipping coordinator (like U-Ship), the prices are higher due to fees. 

Call/text Brandon with OnTime Shipping...228-343-2933...My bike was in Houston, and he was in Dallas making a run.   I contacted him on Thursday, he diverted, and my bike was delivered the next day to Navarre FL - very reasonable pricing as well.
      :thumbs: Thanks for the info Bill. Will give Brandon a call.

v8dve

• Road Star
      « Reply #21 on: Jun 13, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »
      I've always been very fond of the VMax's.  If it would have been designed for longer legged people, I'd have one right now.  They're just too cramped up for me.

Same here, so just popped on some forward controls. Much more confortable now....