Author Topic: Tricky Air Ride bleeding air  (Read 1092 times)

Raven

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Tricky Air Ride bleeding air
« on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:20 am »
Hey all...so I've had my Tricky air ride for approx 5 years and just recently have noticed that when parked for a day or two the air bleeds down to the point where its right to the bottom and I have to raise before I go out for a ride. Seems to be fine when I'm riding just want to know if there's an issue I should address before it completely fails. Appreciate the feedback, cheers....

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Tricky Air Ride bleeding air
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 09:27:49 am »
    I have the same issue. I did email Tricky and the fellow suggested using soapy water to determine the location of the leak, and they would make a suggestion as to how it might be fixed. I never really have gotten around to doing it.

Raven

• Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 10:49:19 am »
    I have the same issue. I did email Tricky and the fellow suggested using soapy water to determine the location of the leak, and they would make a suggestion as to how it might be fixed. I never really have gotten around to doing it.

Thanks dreadly. Yeah, its not too much of a concern for me atm just worried if I have a complete failure while Im on a long trip. Thankfully I have the 1" spacer but would still be a rough ride to get home  ;D

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 11:01:33 am »
      When we get a sunny day here, I might go poke around and see what I can find.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 20
      « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:21:54 pm »
      In 2017 flipper almost went down because of his Tricky air ride leaking down on a steep mountain road in Colorado - when he got home he took it off.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 01:01:40 pm »
      In 2017 flipper almost went down because of his Tricky air ride leaking down on a steep mountain road in Colorado - when he got home he took it off.

That we be enough for me to take it off.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:23 pm »
      When i had the tricky air ride it would leak on the stab lock connector where the air line connects to the cylinder,  remove the line and cut a 1/4" to 1/2" off and reconnect  and another issue was it would leak out of the  rebound knob if thats the problem the cylinder has to be  rebuilt,  spray soapy bubbles on it to check it
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Raven

• Warrior
      « Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 08:49:16 pm »
      When i had the tricky air ride it would leak on the stab lock connector where the air line connects to the cylinder,  remove the line and cut a 1/4" to 1/2" off and reconnect  and another issue was it would leak out of the  rebound knob if thats the problem the cylinder has to be  rebuilt,  spray soapy bubbles on it to check it

Thanks Fiddles was hoping you would chime in. Did you get it sorted out and put back on your bike?
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:27:33 am by Raven »

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 05:15:31 am »

Thanks Fiddles was hoping you would chime in. Did you get it sorted out and put back on your bike?
      yes took it to Tricky and they rebuilt it  then sold it and went progressive 465-5011 with RAP
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:26:28 am by Fiddles »
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Raven

• Warrior
      « Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 05:30:42 am »
      yes took it to Tricky and they rebuilt it  thenbi sold it and went progressive 465-5011 with RAP

Thanks for the info  :thumbs:

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 07:59:45 am »
      yes took it to Tricky and they rebuilt it  thenbi sold it and went progressive 465-5011 with RAP

Thanks for the info  :thumbs:

ditto, thanks

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2020, 02:37:23 pm »
      Mine has leaked down if I let it set for a month or so without riding for last two years or better, I think the o rings in the connectors just leak after a while... I don’t think it’s going just all of a sudden lose air on you. If it does you should be able to notice it pretty fast !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..