Author Topic: My Roaming Raider  (Read 504 times)

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
My Roaming Raider
« on: May 24, 2020, 08:27:07 am »
Not on the road fulltime any more 😔 but I still get a 6 or 7,000 mile circle in every year...
When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: My Roaming Raider
    « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 09:45:12 am »
    She's lookin' ready.  :thumbs:
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Coldfinger

• Roadliner
    « Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 06:11:34 pm »
    Nice....what bags are those, size, and which mounting system did you use for the saddlebags?

• Advertisement

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
      • Roadliner
        • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:52:12 pm »
      Sorry... been misdirected a bit...

... the side bags/cases (hold all my clothes) I ordered off Amazon... Meijia....and THEN discovered Harbor Freight sells them under their "apache" label. The side cases were like 35 bucks ea.... the center/top case is a mite bigger (holds all my misc camp) it was I think $54 retail, but I got it with one of their coupons for like 20 bucks off. All the cases are virtual identical quality of material/design, to my eye, to pelican... which sell for something like $200 +_ a piece! Close enough that $35 beats $200 anyway!

I did upgrade the side cases with a layer of ABS plastic cut to fit inside. I siliconed those in place before I bolted on the "easy bracket" mounts. I just wanted to reinforce that "mounting wall" a bit.

The top case I just winch strap down to the fender rack. (I have a go pro mount toward the tail of the fender rack that gives double duty as a "balance point" to secure that flat case on the curved fender rack)...👍

Makes for a nice, quickly removable set of cases for a LOT less dinero than pelican and such, with quality good enough to please me.

When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2020, 11:43:27 pm »
      These look like good prices for hard waterproof cases you can throw a quick disconnect bracket on. I will probably get bigger bags after i change my exhaust to allow them to fit.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=Pure%20Outdoor&categoryPath3_uFilter=Weatherproof%20Cases&sort=sellingPrice%20asc&rows=100&TotalProducts=27

Amazon quick disconnect Easy Brackets for $155 made for our Raiders
      https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Brackets-Compatible-Yamaha-backrest/dp/B07SG2FZZY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Yamaha%2BRaider%2Beasy%2Bbrackets&qid=1591764252&sr=8-1&th=1

Amazon Hard waterproof cases
      https://www.amazon.com/stores/Condition+1/page/3097A52E-BE06-4ACC-8B14-C555D486DB19?ref_=ast_bln

The hard cases i'm looking at getting after i get Freedom Performance sharp curve pipes
      https://www.amazon.com/Condition-Black-Waterproof-Trunk-Customizable/dp/B00ELK93IK?ref_=ast_sto_dp
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2020, 01:32:23 am by FireNative »