Author Topic: Time to add some pipes!  (Read 278 times)

MrReacher

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Time to add some pipes!
« on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:11:30 pm »
Hey Raider fam,

So I have a pair of Hard-Krome's Dual Radius for Yamaha's that came with the bike that i never had time to put on. Today I went out to take the old pipes off and put the new ones on and turns out it looks a bit more complicated then i thought it would be. When taking off the shield of the stock pipes i noticed a pulley system where the pipes join together and split back into two (the same pulley that makes a noise when you first turn the key into the "on" position. What is this system and do i need it? It looks a bit like a dampener of some sort but im not sure. Also, is there a easier way to have the ecu flashed than sending it to Ivan? 

Also, any other tips and tricks regarding changing out the exhaust would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Badbluraider

• Warrior
    Re: Time to add some pipes!
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2020, 06:21:45 pm »
    On the ECU, I would not send to anyone else except Ivan. I was on the phone with him today inquire if he flashed VMAX ECU's and also a question concerning some guys are still running PCV which aren't getting any advantage unless it's a 114ci. ;D

LeaderDuece

• There is no substitute for power. Raw nasty power.
    • Warrior
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2020, 09:11:56 pm »
    That’s the EXUP valve. You don’t need it with aftermarket pipes. You can remove the cables and leave the valve hooked up. Or, like me you can remove the valve also and get an EXUP emulator to trick the ECU. I got mine on amazon for about $65?

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2020, 07:39:05 am »
      That’s the EXUP valve. You don’t need it with aftermarket pipes. You can remove the cables and leave the valve hooked up. Or, like me you can remove the valve also and get an EXUP emulator to trick the ECU. I got mine on amazon for about $65?

Agree.  I replaced my stock pipes many years ago, removed the 'pulley' cable and just left the valve as is...no issues.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2020, 12:10:55 pm »
      Get the EXUP emulator. It cleans up a lot of space in front of the back wheel on the right side. You could actually create a little storage area if you wanted to with the extra space.