Author Topic: BCT Baffle - Performance Loss  (Read 207 times)

bradypunch

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
BCT Baffle - Performance Loss
« on: Jun 04, 2020, 09:03:39 am »
Anyone have experience with BCT Thunder Baffles. . . specifically regarding performance? 

I replaced the original baffles in my Cobra Swept exhaust with a BCT pair and I have noticed (at least I think I have) a decrease in performance.  The bike doesn’t seem to pull as hard (it doesn’t pull hard right away but seems to be a gradual increase in power), and I am having a slight lag, or hesitation, from the time I twist the wick to feeling the power.  I was hoping I wouldn’t need to change anything with the tuning with the baffle swap, but I’m seeking advice before proceeding. 

Here is a brief list of performance parts on my bike (2008 Raider S): Cobra Swept exhaust, Power Commander 3, and a Barron’s Big Air Intake (Note: I added the BAK but noticed previous owner had modified OEM intake by drilling 3 large holes in the lid – I thought maybe I noticed a little decrease when I changed to the BAK, but that may have just been a perception).

Any advice is welcome (posted this in several groups for more exposure)
Thank you

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RangerRick

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: BCT Baffle - Performance Loss
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2020, 04:03:18 pm »
    Anyone have experience with BCT Thunder Baffles. . . specifically regarding performance? 

I replaced the original baffles in my Cobra Swept exhaust with a BCT pair and I have noticed (at least I think I have) a decrease in performance.  The bike doesn’t seem to pull as hard (it doesn’t pull hard right away but seems to be a gradual increase in power), and I am having a slight lag, or hesitation, from the time I twist the wick to feeling the power.  I was hoping I wouldn’t need to change anything with the tuning with the baffle swap, but I’m seeking advice before proceeding. 

Here is a brief list of performance parts on my bike (2008 Raider S): Cobra Swept exhaust, Power Commander 3, and a Barron’s Big Air Intake (Note: I added the BAK but noticed previous owner had modified OEM intake by drilling 3 large holes in the lid – I thought maybe I noticed a little decrease when I changed to the BAK, but that may have just been a perception).

Any advice is welcome (posted this in several groups for more exposure)
    Thank you

I had the swepts on my bike and put those baffles in my pipes and did not notice any difference one way or the other, but mine had Ivans Performance flash on the computer with stock air cleaner.
    2007 Honda VTX 1300R
    ANG Member 25 years
    Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: BCT Baffle - Performance Loss
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2020, 08:08:05 am »
    I had two sets of BCT's in the last set of Dragsters I had on my bike.  Monsters deep in the pipes and added QQ's to the exit because they were sooo loud...worked fine.  ECU was flashed by Ivan though.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009