Author Topic: Guess I'm a little late to the party  (Read 570 times)

padrummer1

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Guess I'm a little late to the party
« on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:37:55 am »
It seems like the aftermarket support for the Raider peaked back around 2010-2012.
I just got my first one this spring so there isn't a ton of stuff left out there. Low and Mean still supports them really well but that seems to be about it.
I just recently discovered the Bomber cover kits but good luck trying to find more than one a piece at a time to build a set.
Chrome and polished stuff seems to be rare as well.
Oh well, I will keep looking!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Guess I'm a little late to the party
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2020, 07:53:25 am »
    It seems like the aftermarket support for the Raider peaked back around 2010-2012.
    I just got my first one this spring so there isn't a ton of stuff left out there. Low and Mean still supports them really well but that seems to be about it.
    I just recently discovered the Bomber cover kits but good luck trying to find more than one a piece at a time to build a set.

It's a good thing these bikes were so good looking as they came off the production line.  Best wishes in finding the stuff you're after.
    The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2020, 08:04:23 pm »

Yep - aftermarket stuff is drying up...most of whatever remains is on closeout/clearance.  I was hoping to get a Chilly's headlight adapter, but apparently customrider.net is finished.  Guess I'll have to create my own or come up with another solution...

PS:  anyone ever hear from Chilly?
    « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2020, 08:08:16 pm by A.T. »

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2020, 12:38:06 pm »

Yep - aftermarket stuff is drying up...most of whatever remains is on closeout/clearance.  I was hoping to get a Chilly's headlight adapter, but apparently customrider.net is finished.  Guess I'll have to create my own or come up with another solution...

A.T. if your looking for headlight adapters or headlight options these are the only 2 Raider headlight adapters I can find

1) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Stryker-Raider-LED-Headlight-Adapter/383278105899?fits=Model%3ARaider&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item593d27c52b:g:0~UAAOSwzttdxscb&enc=AQAEAAACQBPxNw%2BVj6nta7CKEs3N0qVMfaQ2qBVnyoqhcKv6VNWwGIRnZcxXqf2cEs7EjRS%2BEx7H%2BKVPlAyaRJToKUbLUBKqLHf4gsTVDcGNbDd4eacUp3HnVXTOG%2BBTFtfNwNUqghDvy%2BAFEE%2Fk5R3McV43ukcg3ag5lst7VYOSiV79d6jLqerZcH0TjU3CxB2wwatgyp1yBKYYiwVZx7A8xB0a2GgM5sa85MrfG%2BR8xEKD4Vi5%2BNUT4hTreCLEns2DoziHngnvFwW%2BAQUJTEPnC0OS8plL06BZHEoXbCpVkYaTNIqSVZchb3JVbmC8PPhOEJvlNjC45UVAl5EVHDVfLU3aCCK9NbxNWJn3v%2B4WneQhHtbfx%2FywmDArnOZIts%2Fo2smNHBmjv5JiYYJARP0CIiBTZrVlsp3bQOGJOiecHEv5f0ofQ6phWjeq%2F%2FLYpMAofHxCviMoiP0h1%2FWLoSyY7ZeTaLa6IL4yV0oiLB8sgpVfW8nSvdQPxAAJMglsKYVA236Na9g7AthleA%2B1RJA9Uvqp0HysHoKtA0uH1orWP4bjfozA8ox3AYML5ZroLQ35mm1b9c%2FOWszLM7%2B3lmzZHIcZatkzPd3xU548tEe1guUeehAZLkz%2BNXePocQPbP8MOFoFeoKhfopS8x6EG99YiYhcuMXgd9VczWfjDQvNRWGQhqyucN%2BjROkbZeUZnMh1p9v5AZVFoZH%2FG6DudrKuytYS5QM6TsySTKOcV7wLZsTHQ%2BboNl2Z%2BUVu9CVFvRBKKuMPzQ%3D%3D&checksum=383278105899d84d675510634a13b404d8c54ad17f11&vxp=mtr

2) https://www.vtxdaymaker.com/online-store

and this instructional video on how to install it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvdd0odL1gw&t=59s

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2020, 03:10:58 pm »

Last time I talked to him was the last time he was at the SERR 2 or 3 years ago.

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2020, 04:09:54 pm »

A.T

I have chilly's headlight adapter never fitted in black if you are after one.

I'm in the UK but will send it over.

I have heard from Chilly, as I rang him and he looked at a Raider in TX for me and had one of his guys take it to Houston for shipping for me.
      He still owns the bike shop but just focuses on other stuff now. 
      One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2020, 07:09:54 pm »
      A.T. if your looking for headlight adapters or headlight options these are the only 2 Raider headlight adapters I can find

Thanks FireNative - the adapter I'm after was available from Customrider.net - they're no longer selling them.  It enables swapping out of the bucket - I want to go bigger to maybe stash an amp or whatever...

Last time I talked to him was the last time he was at the SERR 2 or 3 years ago.

Yeah - that was the last time I saw him as well...

A.T
      I have chilly's headlight adapter never fitted in black if you are after one.

I'm in the UK but will send it over.

I have heard from Chilly, as I rang him and he looked at a Raider in TX for me and had one of his guys take it to Houston for shipping for me.
      He still owns the bike shop but just focuses on other stuff now. 

Kev - I'll take it - PM sent.  Cheers!

Guess I should have k-balled the said adapter off my Red Raider before I sold it...

SicarioPeponi

• V Star
      :
      « Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2020, 12:55:07 pm »
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2020, 05:15:22 pm by SicarioPeponi »

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      Re: Headlight Bracket Chilly Customrider.net
      « Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2020, 02:11:12 pm »
      if your looking for headlight adapters

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133432278818?ViewItem=&item=133432278818&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123

That's the one!  And strangely the seller is customridermotorcyles in Texas....hmmm - seems it might be Chilly!

Thanks - I'm getting mine from Kev and it's already finished in black.  Good info for others

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
      So it is Chilly - he says he'll be, "...clearing out the back racks of the random overstock. Spare parts, discontinued, etc."

If you are looking for Raider items, go to eBay and keep checking out seller "customridermotorcycles" for sale items

https://www.ebay.com/usr/customridermotorcycles?ul_noapp=true