What kind of helmet do you wear?

Skull cap?
Full face?
Three quarter?
None at all?

I wear two by Voss a three quarter and a skull cap

What about you?

padrummer1:
I'm really digging the new Bell Rogue helmet.

Dirtiegirtie:
I have a 1/2 helmet I bought at Walmart... hate it. Never wear it. I think I look like a Spaceballs character in it because it feels so large. Not fit, but the thickness of the padding is such that the shell is really oversized for my size head. Also, having seen the benefit of having a full face helmet on during an accident, it's always in the back of my head that wearing it feels somehow irresponsible on my part. I know many of you probably wear these tiny skull caps, I've just never been comfortable (I mean mentally, not physically) in one. I'm sure I'll get board in another year or two and will try again with another helmet.

I have a 3/4 helmet I wear whenever it's warm. Folks either say it reminds them of Captain America, Evil Kanevil, or the motorcycle in Easy Rider. It's this helmet but with plain black padding. I think I paid $65 for it a few years back.
https://www.amazon.com/TORC-Route-Helmet-Rebel-Graphic/dp/B008D8I652/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=vintage+3%2F4+helmet&qid=1591375028&sr=8-4

When it's chilly in the mornings I wear a Bell modular helmet. I like being able to open the front face. Very comfortable, very secure, but I MUST wear ear plugs with it as the exhaust note rattles around in the helmet and is somehow amplified.
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Revolver-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmet/dp/B016NIDULS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bell%2Bmodular%2Bhelmet&qid=1591375240&sr=8-3&th=1

I've been eyeing up the hjc is-33 ii helmet. Someone gave it VERY high remarks on another forum.

padrummer1:

--- Quote from: Dirtiegirtie on Jun 05, 2020, 11:47:10 am ---I have a 1/2 helmet I bought at Walmart... hate it. Never wear it. I think I look like a Spaceballs character in it because it feels so large. Not fit, but the thickness of the padding is such that the shell is really oversized for my size head. Also, having seen the benefit of having a full face helmet on during an accident, it's always in the back of my head that wearing it feels somehow irresponsible on my part. I know many of you probably wear these tiny skull caps, I've just never been comfortable (I mean mentally, not physically) in one. I'm sure I'll get board in another year or two and will try again with another helmet.

I have a 3/4 helmet I wear whenever it's warm. Folks either say it reminds them of Captain America, Evil Kanevil, or the motorcycle in Easy Rider. It's this helmet but with plain black padding. I think I paid $65 for it a few years back.
https://www.amazon.com/TORC-Route-Helmet-Rebel-Graphic/dp/B008D8I652/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=vintage+3%2F4+helmet&qid=1591375028&sr=8-4

When it's chilly in the mornings I wear a Bell modular helmet. I like being able to open the front face. Very comfortable, very secure, but I MUST wear ear plugs with it as the exhaust note rattles around in the helmet and is somehow amplified.
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Revolver-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmet/dp/B016NIDULS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bell%2Bmodular%2Bhelmet&qid=1591375240&sr=8-3&th=1

I've been eyeing up the hjc is-33 ii helmet. Someone gave it VERY high remarks on another forum.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input!
As a sportbike rider for years, I am used to wearing a full face. I bought the voss cap first and then went back for the 3/4 helmet. I thought I liked it but its really not breaking in the way I had hoped and is very tight on my chin. I wear between a 2x and 3x

big red raider:
I use the HJC is ii helmet all the time. I am used to wearing helmets as I too rode  mostly sport bikes. It very versatile and mine also  has the removable chin guard. It does have a lot of nice features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version