Author Topic: Soldering helmet speakers  (Read 128 times)

fireandice51

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Soldering helmet speakers
« on: Jun 18, 2020, 03:41:13 pm »
I broke down and bought some iasus3 speakers for about a C note, and found out that they work plugged in to a phone, iPod etc but are not Bluetooth!
    Of course I am a skilled DIY (not), so I bought a soldering kit and cut the wires to my Sena 2.0 speakers to solder the new speakers in and therefore would get the premium sound AND Bluetooth! I now know that those little tiny friggin’ wires don’t seem to work when I soldered them into the Sena communicator! At least I was able to solder the original speakers back in, and so still have speakers for my Sena.
     The whole reason I am sharing this numbskull post is to save some other guy $109.00 plus tax, and $40 for soldering kit! BTW, The speakers look great sitting with cut wires in the box tho. Lol

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: Soldering helmet speakers
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2020, 05:19:34 pm »
    I broke down and bought some iasus3 speakers for about a C note, and found out that they work plugged in to a phone, iPod etc but are not Bluetooth!
        Of course I am a skilled DIY (not), so I bought a soldering kit and cut the wires to my Sena 2.0 speakers to solder the new speakers in and therefore would get the premium sound AND Bluetooth! I now know that those little tiny friggin’ wires don’t seem to work when I soldered them into the Sena communicator! At least I was able to solder the original speakers back in, and so still have speakers for my Sena.
         The whole reason I am sharing this numbskull post is to save some other guy $109.00 plus tax, and $40 for soldering kit! BTW, The speakers look great sitting with cut wires in the box tho. Lol

:rotfl: Haha...congrats on your learning experience from another member of the numbskull club.  Pretty sure we've all done something that involves sums of money, loads of time, and a "bright idea", all culminating in a disappointing outcome. 

Now get out there and fail again!   :rotfl: