Author Topic: Code 17??  (Read 300 times)

fireandice51

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Code 17??
« on: Jun 24, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »
In a couple of weeks I’m riding with buddies all over Idaho and into Oregon from No-Cal, and to be on the safe side, replaced my 4 yr old battery- Now, although it happened before infrequently, Im getting a “code 17” engine lite.
I am an AMATEUR DIY, so if it is relatively straight-forward I believe that I could fix it if I knew WTF it was! Lol
   The only reference I could find on the forum was”EXUP Servo Motor Ckt. ( open or  shorted) “
   Can anyone translate that and/ or help me to resolve it? Many thanks!!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
    • Warrior
    Re: Code 17??
    « Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2020, 03:17:47 pm »
    The Exup Servo is connected to the original exhaust. It's in front of the rear tire on the right side. If you removed it you need the exup delete board thingy. If not check the connection to it as it may be loose.

Edit: Check this thread  https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=3902.0
    Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

fireandice51

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2020, 03:33:23 pm »
    Ok, I can see a 4 pin connector that seems to be running along the brake lines, as well as a “ plug” into my V &H just about as far forward as the rear cylinder-that seemed a bit loose. Could that be it? The connector seems very solid-thanks

• Advertisement

fireandice51

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2020, 11:20:06 pm »
      If I’m not mistaken, the servo is a unit that looks to have had a connection of some sort. Since I bought the Raider with V & H pipes already, I believe that it was already unplugged, and I have no idea where the connector or wiring is.
          However, I’ve owned the bike for nearly 5 years with not more than four times having a code come on. Now it is every time. Will a code 17 hurt the bike on a long run? Any help would be appreciated, or should I just take it to a Yamaha “stealership” ?
      Thanks guys for the help

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2020, 05:41:40 am »
      The ex servo is above the swingarm behind tge frame in the small space next to the outside of the battery box just look for the wires that should be there, if the entire servo was removed  you well need a 12 0clocl labs ex up elimator
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

fireandice51

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2020, 11:33:33 pm »
      Thank you all again! After reading your posts, I not only identified the servo but also found the problem. I have no idea of what it was,but after re-arranging all the wires in the battery compartment and re-tightening the terminals,... no more code!
       I rode it extensively Yesterday, and all is well. “Christine” is no longer sick. Thank you to this forum and all the knowledgeable guys and gals. Now on to the 7-10 day ride.  O8O O8O