Author Topic: Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius baffle size?  (Read 302 times)

FireNative

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius baffle size?
« on: Jun 24, 2020, 04:12:27 pm »
I am looking at getting the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes on my Raider. But I would also like to get the Big City Thunder Exhaust "QUIET THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES" I called BCTE and they said I would have to give them the I.D. of the pipes I want to put the baffles in. So I called Freedom Performance and they said the I.D. of those pipes are 2.025". The closest size I see on BCTE's website is 2" or 1-7/8" anyone here have any experience with these pipes and the Big City Thunder Exhaust "Quiet Thunder Monster Baffles"? If so what size did you have to go with to work in the Sharp Curve Radius pipes? Thanks in advance.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

v8dve

• Road Star
    Re: Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius baffle size?
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2020, 03:37:33 pm »
    Hi, I removed my baffles and they have a shallow radius on them. Looking at the BCTE website they all looked pretty straight and Iím not sure a straight baffle will insert correctly.

Are BCTE able to provide curved baffles to suit?

Not my bike, but I bought these pipes if they are similar.
    « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2020, 03:39:07 pm by v8dve »

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2020, 06:03:39 pm »
    I am looking at getting the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes on my Raider. But I would also like to get the Big City Thunder Exhaust "QUIET THUNDER MONSTER BAFFLES" I called BCTE and they said I would have to give them the I.D. of the pipes I want to put the baffles in. So I called Freedom Performance and they said the I.D. of those pipes are 2.025". The closest size I see on BCTE's website is 2" or 1-7/8" anyone here have any experience with these pipes and the Big City Thunder Exhaust "Quiet Thunder Monster Baffles"? If so what size did you have to go with to work in the Sharp Curve Radius pipes? Thanks in advance.
    what about a v&h 2into1 big radius only loud when you hammer it crusing sound great
    V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

• Advertisement

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:11:03 pm »
      Hi, I removed my baffles and they have a shallow radius on them. Looking at the BCTE website they all looked pretty straight and Iím not sure a straight baffle will insert correctly.

Are BCTE able to provide curved baffles to suit?

Not my bike, but I bought these pipes if they are similar.

I called BCTE and told them the pipes i wanted and they didn't say if they had baffles made for them all they asked was what the I.D. of the pipes were
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2020, 09:55:40 am by FireNative »

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:15:38 pm »
      what about a v&h 2into1 big radius only loud when you hammer it crusing sound great

I appreciate the recommendation but i like the look and sound of the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes i just don't want them so loud that i can't hear my music in my helmet. I have 2 pairs of 2 different type of "smart" ear plugs, (EarDial HiFi and dBud) that not only drop the total decibels but also filters out the higher decibels and doesn't muffle/reduce the lower decibel sounds as much. But i don't want even with the plugs in the exhaust to drown out my music. With stock pipes and my music at max i can hear my music but its not loud to me so if the pipes get super loud i pretty sure i will not be able to hear my music. I like to ride for about 6 hours on trips and with an endless Spotify playlist i definitely want to hear my music on all rides.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2020, 09:55:10 am by FireNative »

bIKEr42lue

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2020, 10:50:57 am »

I appreciate the recommendation but i like the look and sound of the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes i just don't want them so loud that i can't hear my music in my helmet. I have 2 pairs of 2 different type of "smart" ear plugs, (EarDial HiFi and dBud) that not only drop the total decibels but also filters out the higher decibels and doesn't muffle/reduce the lower decibel sounds as much. But i don't want even with the plugs in the exhaust to drown out my music. With stock pipes and my music at max i can hear my music but its not loud to me so if the pipes get super loud i pretty sure i will not be able to hear my music. I like to ride for about 6 hours on trips and with an endless Spotify playlist i definitely want to hear my music on all rides.

I'm pretty sure Freedom Performance offers quiet baffles for their pipes.

Looks like they do offer a full system with non-removable baffles included, though. https://www.partsgiant.com/p344063-freedom-performance-sharp-curve-radius-full-exhaust-system
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

FireNative

• Road Star
      « Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2020, 08:39:25 am »
      Thanks but i would rather removeable baffles so i could change the sound later if i wanted. But thanks for the info.