Author Topic: BEAUTIFUL DAY  (Read 2464 times)

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 12
BEAUTIFUL DAY
« on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:07:10 pm »
 MYSELF AND 6 FRIENDS ROAD TODAY 70"S WE PUT ON 150 + HAD 5 HARLEYS AND 2 YAMAHAS  WE HAD A GREAT TIME RODE THE BACK ROADS UP TO THE SAM HOUSTON NATIONAL FOREST AND WENT AROUND LAKE LIVINGSTON. IT WAS A GOOD DAY. IM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THE HARLEY  YAMAHA DEBATE BUT I WILL SAY THAT I BOUGHHT A LOT OF REFRESHIMENTS TODAY FOR BEING AT THE NEXT STOP FIRST BELIVE ME THE RAIDER GAINED A LOT OF RESPECT TODAY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS.............BEAUTIFUL DAY....... :)
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

gman

Re: BEAUTIFUL DAY
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:59:50 pm »
    Glad someone is riding. I have a couple of months of winter to get past.

Ace

• Raider
    • Referrals: 131
      • RoadStarRaider.com
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:26:34 am »
    MYSELF AND 6 FRIENDS ROAD TODAY 70"S WE PUT ON 150 + HAD 5 HARLEYS AND 2 YAMAHAS  WE HAD A GREAT TIME RODE THE BACK ROADS UP TO THE SAM HOUSTON NATIONAL FOREST AND WENT AROUND LAKE LIVINGSTON. IT WAS A GOOD DAY. IM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THE HARLEY  YAMAHA DEBATE BUT I WILL SAY THAT I BOUGHHT A LOT OF REFRESHIMENTS TODAY FOR BEING AT THE NEXT STOP FIRST BELIVE ME THE RAIDER GAINED A LOT OF RESPECT TODAY IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS.............BEAUTIFUL DAY....... :)

Sounds like a good time.  I am sure I will own a Harley at some point in my life, but I still love hearing stories of people teaching the die-hard guys that there is life outside of HD's.

• Advertisement

radman

• V Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:02:11 pm »
      Thunder, why you wanna make them boys rethink their investment in a Harley? Hell, they already know they spent too much.

It always amuses me when one of my "airhead" buddies takes a good look at my Raider and then makes some comment like "That's a pretty nice bike... for a Yamaha."  I then respond with something like "No, it's a nice bike PERIOD, and I can tell you want to ride it! You just don't want any of your Harley buddies to see you doing it"  I guess because I'm an old man, and really don't give a damn anymore about what anyone else thinks, I can get away with riding what I want and saying what I want.  I currently own, and have owned, different brands of bikes, including Harley Davidsons.  They weren't all great bikes... but they were all MOTORCYCLES...and that made them fun.

I'm sure the brand/style wars will rage on.  The important thing is that we CAN ride, and share that freedom with our friends.  it doesn't matter WHAT they ride, only that that they DO ride. A buddy of mine has what most of us on this Forum would consider a rat bike.  It's a real piece, but it's the best he can afford right now, and he's damn proud of it.  He's a good man and I'm proud to ride with him whenever I can.  Hanging around with him has humbled me a little, and I'm sure that is something i probably needed.

None of us have to worry about feeling looked down on for what we ride.  What we DO have to worry about is being careful not to look down on others!  OK, I'll get down off my soap box now and go home.

SLK

• Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:45:47 pm »
      How right you are.  This summer my son-in-law and I had the priviledge of helping a fellow rider who had broken down.  We had never met the guy before but he was on his bike and broke down and in need of a lift.  We went back to the house got the car and trailer and went back and loaded him up.  While taking him to his shop forty miles away he told us of his love for the old bike.  It was a late 60's Harley with tweeked fenders, oil leaks, and other things we often joke about.  He had rebuilt its engine in his shop 4 times over the years.  He had other bikes, Kawasakis and Hondas and was considering a new Vstar, but his favorite was the old tweeked bent, rusted, oil leaking Harley with years of character showing.  We dropped him off at his shop and he gave us $30 dollars to help cover the expense of trailering him the 40 miles to his shop. But the best part for me was listening to his story of the old bike and his love for it no matter how good or bad it looked or road. It to him was like my old worn out shirt jacket that I wear around the house because it is comfortable and wears well.

It reminded me of one of the most fun bikes I had.  It was an AMF Harley 125cc dirt bike.  I had a lot of fun on that old bike, wish I had never sold it. It would be fun to take out and ride in the bush here in Alaska, and do some of the stupid stuff I use to do in the winter on that old bike.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2009, 01:32:03 am by SLK »
      SLK   I ride a Yamaha because I prefer to ride the best

molokai

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2009, 09:51:44 am »
      Hey Thunder, you have Kauai beat right now. It's been raining everyday now for the past 5 weeks and I've seen the sun only a couple of times since then. Road's been wet most of the time and while I enjoy occasionally polishing my bike I don't want to do it every single time I ride. Glad you got a good ride in Bro, I'm envious...

Molokai.