Author Topic: Rear Pack Rack  (Read 680 times)

Mr Jones

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Rear Pack Rack
« on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:30:38 am »
Found a second hand chrome one of these for sale here in the UK (by pure chance, rare as henís teeth!). Got it powder coated satin black, very happy with the over all look. Heavy cast alloy, quality bit of kit but no idea who makes it.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2020, 10:34:35 am by Mr Jones »
Raider
904 Bonneville
XR1200

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Kevs UK Raider SCL

• UK Raider SCL #300
    • Roadliner
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Rear Pack Rack
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2020, 11:09:16 am »
    Ironically, I had a spare one. They are genuine Yamaha I seem to remember.
    One of only around 65 or so Raider Owners in the UK

Mr Jones

• V Star
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2020, 12:13:38 pm »
    Any idea if they would fit the Stryker? Got a mate that might take it off you.
    Raider
    904 Bonneville
    XR1200

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2020, 08:08:07 pm »

No. They do not fit at all.  My wife has a Stryker and about the only thing that is interchangeable between it and my Raider are wheels, tires and mirrors.

heftysmurf

• Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2020, 03:38:43 pm »
      I think sissy bars as well.

No. They do not fit at all.  My wife has a Stryker and about the only thing that is interchangeable between it and my Raider are wheels, tires and mirrors.
      2011 Raider S

RangerRick

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2020, 09:24:59 pm »
      Found a second hand chrome one of these for sale here in the UK (by pure chance, rare as henís teeth!). Got it powder coated satin black, very happy with the over all look. Heavy cast alloy, quality bit of kit but no idea who makes it.

Looks Great, by the way this is what the original bolts look like. As you can see on this rack the chrome is junk. Yamaha's Chrome was junk IMHO

2007 Honda VTX 1300R
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Mr Jones

• V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2020, 03:27:20 am »
      Thanks Rick, have now changed the cap head bolts to button head as per the original, looks better.
      Raider
      904 Bonneville
      XR1200

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2020, 06:52:26 am »

Looks Great, by the way this is what the original bolts look like. As you can see on this rack the chrome is junk. Yamaha's Chrome was junk IMHO

man that chrome is rough, Bike 2NV in Ohio can replate that and have it looking new
      V&H 2into1, Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, Ultimate  seat, Barons Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2020, 11:08:22 am »

Rick, I really think you saw a lot of issues many of us don't due to salt air and humidity.   I never saw that.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2020, 11:21:11 am »

Rick, I really think you saw a lot of issues many of us don't due to salt air and humidity.   I never saw that.
      The reason I powder coated my Yamaha engine guards was because they started to rust at the welds within a couple of weeks of installing them - Yamaha farms that stuff out to the lowest bidder that's what caused the lifter issues back in 09.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2020, 02:11:58 pm »

The reason I powder coated my Yamaha engine guards was because they started to rust at the welds within a couple of weeks of installing them - Yamaha farms that stuff out to the lowest bidder that's what caused the lifter issues back in 09.

I suppose that could be. 

RangerRick

• Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2020, 09:10:54 pm »
      Thanks Rick, have now changed the cap head bolts to button head as per the original, looks better.

Your Welcome
      2007 Honda VTX 1300R
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

RangerRick

• Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2020, 09:12:35 pm »

I think your right, Dan.
      2007 Honda VTX 1300R
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

RangerRick

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2020, 09:17:17 pm »

Mine did the same thing, Gary. In fact I had bought a second set and they also rusted at the corner welds.
      2007 Honda VTX 1300R
      ANG Member 25 years
      Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:37:54 am »

Wait!  Aren't you near the ocean too???