Author Topic: Solo or group rides  (Read 1706 times)

fireandice51

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Solo or group rides
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2020, 10:07:31 am »
Great posts guys! Because of this virus it’s not so easy to gather in groups, especially since a member of my family is at extremely high risk, so I think solo rides will be more the norm for me til or if the “old” normal comes back. As always this forum has a wealth of knowledgeable, intelligent comments that never fail to make me a better rider, bike owner, and a more informed Raider owner!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2020, 12:00:24 pm »
    Part of riding is when you get to meet new people during stops on your ride and COVID has really put a crimp in being able to do that.

GOOD LUCK!!! and stay safe.
    « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2020, 12:22:14 pm by Ares X »

FireNative

• Road Star
    « Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2020, 06:55:55 pm »
    I'll group ride with a large  if I have to, but I prefer solo or small groups.  I like to stop when I want to, especially to take a photo.  For me. that trumps any advantage of a large group ride.

That's the way I feel John. When i want to leave, i leave, when i want to take a picture, i take a picture, when i want to turn down a road i turn. I don't have anyone to ask, consider, or tell. I don't have to wait for anyone, and i will not bother anyone because they want to leave and i want to stay. But to each his own. But Solo for me.

• Advertisement

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2020, 12:05:37 am »
      Riding with a mixed group (not tooooo large) can be fun. From Harleys to Hayabusassss it's all good. Remember to ride at your own pace. I often found riding behind a more skilled 'cruiser rider' was a good learning experience...ALSO off-duty/retired police officers are good mentors...PEACE RIDE  O8O SAFE

If you're in the Central California area you may want to check out South Bay Riders.com forum...they often post rides
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020, 12:08:32 am by BorderlandBiker »

BorderlandBiker

• "Trust in God, no fear..." INDIAN LARRY
      • Road Star
      « Reply #19 on: Oct 26, 2020, 08:31:19 pm »
      Riding with a mixed group (not tooooo large) can be fun. From Harleys to Hayabusassss it's all good. Remember to ride at your own pace. I often found riding behind a more skilled 'cruiser rider' was a good learning experience...ALSO off-duty/retired police officers are good mentors...PEACE RIDE  O8O SAFE

If you're in the Central California area you may want to check out South Bay Riders.com forum...they often post rides

Hollister Motorsports will be starting Sat and Sun rides soon (check their websites or call 831-630-5200...If I can I will GoPro video some of them...PEACE RIDE SAFE

bikertrsh

• Me & 2010 Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #20 on: Oct 30, 2020, 03:37:59 pm »
      I enjoy riding with other people. It makes the trip more interesting, and you have someone that can help in case of some emergency.
      Help! My 30 year old mind is trapped in a 75 year old body.

Zxdave

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #21 on: Oct 30, 2020, 09:17:04 pm »
      I enjoy riding with other people. It makes the trip more interesting, and you have someone that can help in case of some emergency.

Agree with that  , hope your doing good bro !
      Lean till it grinds , then lean some more ..

Badbluraider

• Warrior
      « Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2020, 01:28:35 pm »
      Most (99%) of my riding is solo. Not by choice, just not many bikes in my immediate area just a few Harley's and my rides are short and spur of the moment. Solo has pro's and con's. I like riding with seasoned riders that are not just looking 10' in front of them but are aware of what's ahead, on both sides and what's going on behind them. Which as much of some have you guys have ridden together seems like there is a lot of camaraderie with you all and knowing how another rider would react to different circumstances. Sometimes when I fined a new place of twisty's I like to run it solo to work different lines to see how quick it can be worked through. Down side running solo as stated above is if you have issues there is no immediate help. ;D