Author Topic: Anti-Gravity Battery Sale  (Read 2310 times)

Fasttimez

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
Anti-Gravity Battery Sale
« on: Jul 11, 2020, 10:46:17 pm »
Hey guys, wanted drop in and tell everyone about Lithium battery sale on Anti-Gravity site.  My battery took a crap in the worst way, my negative battery post broke off from the battery itself, so while searching for a new one, I came across this awesome sale.  It fits our bikes too.  I ordered one.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

marinoadr

• V Star
    Re: Anti-Gravity Battery Sale
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2020, 07:11:12 am »
    Thanks just ordered.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 5
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2020, 01:15:39 pm »
    You need a different battery tender too.  A tendeer designed for lead-acid batteries can not measure State of Charge (SoC) of a lithium battery. It simply does not have this capability. While they work great on lead acid batteries, they are not able to accurately “read” lithium batteries. So, they will never properly charge a lightweight lithium battery. 
    « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2020, 01:23:25 pm by TRaider_John »

• Advertisement

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2020, 03:55:25 pm »
      So I just installed the battery and all I can say is HOLY CRAP...... The engine doesn't even make 1 complete revolution before it starts. I'm NOT exaggerating, it's like I started a completely different bike.  What a difference some additional CCA makes.

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2020, 07:04:54 pm »
      They are sold out now ???

Fasttimez

• Warrior
      « Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2020, 08:09:26 am »
      They are sold out now ???
      I posted it on Yamaha Raider Facebook page also, I'm guessing those guys jumped on them pretty fast. 

theloots

• 2012 Raider S
      • V Star
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2020, 06:02:08 am »
      Bought one 2 months ago. OMG they are incredible.  I'll never go to another brand again. 

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »
      Bought one 2 months ago. OMG they are incredible.  I'll never go to another brand again.

what is so great about this battery that makes you not want to go back to the OEM? Just doing my research as mine is the original 2013 battery from the factory so i know its about to go out.

Shady

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2020, 05:11:43 am »
      Positves

light weight
      more cranking amps

the negatives are

if you forget and leave your key on and it drops below around 11v you have just tossed 200 bucks in the crapper
      you need a battery charger that can charge lithium batteries.

FireNative

• Roadliner
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2020, 06:43:03 am »
      Thanks i will look into it.

Sgt Fury

• 2012 Raider SCL #188
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2020, 10:07:04 pm »
      Bike dealers have told me that lithium bike batteries in general are not fond of real cold weather, but that should never be a problem where you live!!  Ya sorta have to wake them up.  I have an Anti-Gravity Battery SP-1 jump kit for cars and smaller trunk engines which I am pleased with, although I never used it on a big engine.  It even has a 19V laptop port which is rare.  The $50 Royal specials from Costco or BJs were a huge disappointment.  This is getting off-topic however. 

My bike will grunt sometimes with AGM batteries, but I think that is due to it stopping on a compression stroke.  Lots of on-line discussions about beefing up the starter cables, etc.  I carry my A/G jump box in my SCL bag to hook up to a heavy-duty Anti-Gravity pigtail--just in case I need it.  And like some riders, I walked away from my bike one day to help a friend and forgot to turn off my bike ignition.  A few hours later--came back to a dead bike.  Jumped it, luckily, and went on my way home and the battery recovered completely with some extra hours on a Deltran battery tender.  I keep that handy little A/G jump kit in whatever I am driving for the day.   Haven't dragged out my old monster jumper cables in a long time!

Research the lithium pros/cons if you have the time. I agree with Shady's comments below.  I don't know if lithiums tolerate severe heat either--most batteries don't.  In retrospect, I've had more conventional battery failures on ripping-hot days or helped others vs problems on winter days (except my short adventures of living in North Dakota on the Canadian border).  Personally, I'll stick to buying 2-3 AGM batteries vs the price of one lithium--not that I ever had to yet.  It would be interesting, however, to see the difference in cranking RPMs! 

Lithiums don't have a proven longevity record yet IMHO with the exception of automotive (hybrids) or small electronics perhaps.  What concerns me is their disputed reputation for potential fires and/or overheating.  The odds are very slim, but I've had two incidents so far in the past 3-5 years where small lithiums overheated or exploded like a capacitor.  One was on its original OEM charger and the other totally different type was just in a bag not hooked to anything!  Luckily, my SUV or house did not burn down!  Many folks don't notice, but that is why USPS or UPS only ships them via ground with labels.  :yikes:
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2020, 12:04:24 am by Sgt Fury »

There's no substitute for cubic inches and a good engine management system!   Hmmm, well maybe a blower, NOS or turbo....