Author Topic: aftermarket headlight  (Read 713 times)

michael

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
aftermarket headlight
« on: Jul 12, 2020, 03:17:40 pm »
 i just replaced my whole headlight assembly with a smaller 5 " teardrop chrome housing. i am not happy with the light output. i put a new H4 9003 HB2 LED Bulb Hi/Lo Beam HID 6000K White in, it is not bright enough. are they all the same ?? is this bulb only as bright as what i have in the bike now? 120W 12000LM CREE COB LED Motorcycle Headlight Hi Lo Kit 6000K White H4 9003 (B)... i cannot understand how they talk about how bright the bulb is when they both have the same 6000 k. some opinions of the light  specifications would be helpful. thanks

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    Re: aftermarket headlight
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2020, 05:42:36 pm »
    6000K is only the "heat color" of the light, not brightness - the higher this number, the bluer the light. 

The brightness in the Lumens or LM.  If the bulbs were sold as a pair at 12000LM, it really means they are 6000LM each.

I have used a single CREE with 12K LM and I found it very bright.  Is it maybe the reflector?  Adjusted correctly?  Is there a shield over the LED element?  Maybe try the non-LED Sylvania (incandescent) and see if that makes a difference.  If not bright, the issue must be related to the aftermarket bucket reflector or directional adjustment.