Author Topic: Roadkill  (Read 8895 times)

A.T.

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Roadkill
« on: Aug 09, 2020, 08:46:59 pm »
Haven't seen anything on here about RK, but if you don't do Facebook, you should know RK is not doing well.  I don't know the complete story but I've been checking on the "Maggie Valley Rides" Facebook group for into. 

He is putting up a good fight and having an "IVC" procedure done  -  be sure to include him in your prayers.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    Re: Roadkill
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2020, 08:52:24 pm »
    Thanks for the reminder Bill.  Our Raider family is better off with RK back with us. Keep praying.

FireNative

• Roadliner
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2020, 09:24:46 pm »
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep Roadkill in my prayers. Pray for a full fast recovery.

• Advertisement

sscottab

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2020, 05:29:38 am »
      thank you for letting us know he is in my prayers.

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2020, 06:39:43 am »
      Also been constantly watching FB's "Maggie Valley Rides" on Gary and continuing to pray for his recovery. Sounds like he is on the upside but keep on praying to speed up the process :)  :praying: :praying: :praying:

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2020, 08:19:43 am »
      Our positive thoughts and prayers are definitely with RK during this time. 
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2020, 09:08:16 am »
      My thoughts are with and his family/friends

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2020, 09:33:24 am »
      Update on Gary Bohler:  Day 26 and slowly but surely God is answering prayers.  No doctors have been in yet this morning, but he was on pressure support for 10 hours yesterday and did well. Hopefully vent comes out today.   Continued prayers for complete healing and recovery!
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

StrykerBilly

• Warrior
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2020, 10:12:28 am »
      Update on Gary Bohler:  Day 26 and slowly but surely God is answering prayers.  No doctors have been in yet this morning, but he was on pressure support for 10 hours yesterday and did well. Hopefully vent comes out today.   Continued prayers for complete healing and recovery!

This is fantastic news!!

Dark Matter

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2020, 10:35:40 am »
      Prayers for Gary and the nurses that are dealing with him.
      The Star Cruiser “Dark Matter”; named in recognition of the attractive force theorized to exist as an explanation of balance in the universe.

“…if you can make beer in space, life in space will be possible… it is a shortage of beer in space that is holding back further space exploration.”  Dr Walsh 2009

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2020, 11:18:40 am »
      Wow! I knew he cancelled going to the rally, but I had no idea about any of this. 

Roadkill- PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!! 

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2020, 08:07:35 pm »
      This is a post on fb from jolynn
      Update on Gary:  So they didn't do dialysis yesterday (Sunday) but they did pressure support for 10 hours.  Today they were late doing the dialysis and pulled 3 liters of fluid off Gary and didn't do pressure support.  So since it was so late finishing his dialysis they didn't pull the vent.  The nurse I just spoke to told me that he is doing fine, they did have to restrain him to keep him from pulling the vent out. (To me that is a good sign that he is moving that much and getting his strength back.)  So in the morning is when they will try to remove the vent.  Thanks again for the support, love and prayers, you all are some awesome.  God Bless!
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2020, 09:54:07 pm »
      This is a post on fb from jolynn
      Update on Gary:  So they didn't do dialysis yesterday (Sunday) but they did pressure support for 10 hours.  Today they were late doing the dialysis and pulled 3 liters of fluid off Gary and didn't do pressure support.  So since it was so late finishing his dialysis they didn't pull the vent.  The nurse I just spoke to told me that he is doing fine, they did have to restrain him to keep him from pulling the vent out. (To me that is a good sign that he is moving that much and getting his strength back.)  So in the morning is when they will try to remove the vent.  Thanks again for the support, love and prayers, you all are some awesome.  God Bless!

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Badbluraider

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2020, 06:59:11 am »
      Continuing to :praying: :praying: :praying: for Gary!!!

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2020, 02:30:05 pm »
      Update on Gary:  The vent has been removed and they have an oxygen mask on him at 50% right now.  They said he seems confused and said that is normal but he is still restrained to keep him from removing the mask.  Speech therapy will come and assess him for swallowing to determine if he can handle clear liquids.  Thanks again for all the prayers.